• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

If you are going to WDW during Free Dining...

Which week are you going to WDW during Free Dining?

• The week of Aug. 13

• The week of Aug. 20

• The week of Aug. 27

• The week of Sept. 3

• The week of Sept. 10

• The week of Sept. 17

• The week of Sept. 24

• The week of Sept. 30

Results are only viewable after voting.
We will arrive on Sept. 14th for 8 nights!!! :hourglass

What is LMA? Sorry, my mind has gone blank. Maybe, I am still not awake.

I voted for the week of 9/17, but our actual dates are 9/20-9/29.... so really the next week too. We are staying at POP, and can't wait for all the great restaurants. We also did free dining last year, enjoyed it very much.

August 31-September 5the here.

If there is a hurricane, Do we still get to go for our ADR's???

disneyfreak71 said:

In some respects, this is a very good question as we've never traveled to WDW during hurricane season. Due to the MYW+FD plan, we're going on September 22nd...

Maybe this should go in another thread as I'm not referring to ADRs in my post, but does anyone know what happens when hurricanes close WDW? Where do guests stay...at their resorts? What are they allowed to do...stay in their rooms? ...and what about meals, if one is not allowed to leave the room? (While eating would be the last thing on my mind during a state of emergency, one still needs to eat.)

disneyfreak71 said:

For 12 to 24 hours WDW will be in basically a lockdown mode, you will be confined to your room and none of the restaurants will be open. Boxed lunches may or may not be available at your resort, and you should be prepared with enough food (PB&J, etc.) and water in your room to last 24 hours.

Because the dining is free, no refunds will be given for unused parts of the plan.

Besides, do you really want to be outside when the winds are blowing at 120 mph and debris is flying through the air? :confused3

Anne

ducklite said:
For 12 to 24 hours WDW will be in basically a lockdown mode, you will be confined to your room and none of the restaurants will be open. Boxed lunches may or may not be available at your resort, and you should be prepared with enough food (PB&J, etc.) and water in your room to last 24 hours.

If using DME, where are we supposed to get groceries for this type of situation? Do they make these items available or do I need to pack PB&J in my carry on? :confused3

disneyfreak71 said:
If using DME, where are we supposed to get groceries for this type of situation? Do they make these items available or do I need to pack PB&J in my carry on? :confused3

You can buy some basic items at the gift shops. Generally speaking you know a week in advance that a hurricane is possibly coming your way. THey aren't like tornados that appear out of no where.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter