If I put deposit down on WL can it later be switched to Disney vacation club?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
My husband and I are deciding when/how we can join the disney vacation club. I want to put a deposit down on the Wilderness Lodge. Just came back 4 days ago and I NEED to know we are returning. If I send a deposit to Disney now can it later be switched to the Disney vacation club if we decide to join?

No, the deposit cannot be transferred.... You would have to cancel your reservation, CRO would then credit you for the amount back on your credit card.... DVC & CRO are two separate entities, so money can't actually be transferred between the two... Hope this answers your question....

We had reservations at WL for Nov. 2001. We made these ressies in January of 2001. We then heard about DVC and made the decision to buy in April of 2001. Once we had closed, we made our reservations at VWL and cancelled them at WL. We received our $200.00 deposit back in full for the WL reservations. We lost nothing. Good luck.... You will love VWL!!!!! We leave for our first visit home in 19 days! :bounce:

Actually, this used to be the way they did it. They had a program where they would apply you entire cost of your hotel stay, up to some limit, to your DVC downpayment.

I guess they did do some transfers between the two....

From my personal experience in April 2001, the answer is - it depends.

We knew we were buying into VWL when it was not available for sale in NY State. We arranged a specific date to fly down to WDW, meet with our sales rep and sign all the contracts.

We were told that we could make a cash reservation at any of the DVC resorts and that they would transfer the reservation over to points. What we weren't told is that we were supposed to do is book our cash reservation directly with WDW, not with a travel agent, which is what we did. We weren't able to convert the reservation from cash to points.

At least in April, it could be done. They even had a specific contract to sign to convert the reservation from case to points. I would call your sales rep and tell them this is what you plan to do. If they want to, they can make it happen. Good luck.

POOH&PIGLET is (or would it be are?) correct. We bought at VWL last February and had what we paid for the room used as a down payment for the dvc purchase. They even said that it was lucky that we did not go through a travel agent. They can make it happen when they want to. We had to do very little other than give a package of information to the clerk at the front desk. They pushed buttons for about 5 minutes and it was done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter