I Win (AKL pool Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeWazowski

DIS Veteran
I wanted to prove a point that guest of guest would create a overcrowed pool. So I emailed a higher authority. Here's there reply:

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

We appreciate your interest in learning about Walt Disney World Resort
recreation pool facilities. Our swimming areas are designed to
accommodate the number of guests staying at each particular resort. The total number of guests staying at the Walt Disney World Resort could potentially create
crowded conditions at some of our more popular swimming facilities. It is for
this reason that the pools located at any particular Walt Disney World Resort are
available exclusively to guests of that resort.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number
if applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

His name is'nt important

On Line Guest Service
WALT DISNEY WORLD Reservations
P O Box 10,100
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0100

So You Can All Put That In Your Pipe And Smoke It

But since guests staying there, do not have "an official" letter to go by..they do the next best thing. They ask individually at their hotel, if their company can join them at the pool. If they are told yes, then they enjoy their company at the pool. If they are told no, then they don't. We've asked, and been told it's no problem. If the pool was crowded, I woudln't have asked...but it's up to the hotel to give me the answer...since that is where I checked in.

Any letter written can get a different answer, depending on how it's written. If you write and ask if outsiders can swim, or if all the guests can invite guests..you get one answer. If you write and ask if it's ok to ask at the front desk if you can have an outside guest, you may get another answer.

I really don't understand why there is such a big deal about this all the time. Disney hotels are like other hotels..you ask at the front desk and go by the answer they give you. Would you also write to the main Holiday Inn and ask them if you could have company at any of their motels, or would you just ask at the individual motel?

Mike we all know that regardless of the official policy, guests that want to go against it will find a way to do so.

And Cast Members that are fed up with their job and low pay and long hours and don't really care about enforcing policy will let them do it.

Until people are willing to do what is right on their own free will, this will not change.

Hopefully there are more that understand the problem than cause it.

The letter you recieved doesn't cover the entire truth . Because as we all know DVC members not staying at a resort can come swim there .
I didn't see or read the oringal thread for this but I am sure there are other special conditions in which disney would look the other way . Say... If Hillery Duff wanted to come swim in the GF pool but was at the Poly. I bet a dollar to a donut that is where she would get to swim!! Guest crowding or not. In fact they would probably not let poly guest swim that day as well! :p

Mike we all know that regardless of the official policy, guests that want to go against it will find a way to do so.

Are you saying that all the guests should write DW before they go, and that it's not alright to ask at your front desk? Even though that is the common thing to do when staying at a hotel? Yes, pools are built with an assumption that paying guests will be in a pool..but since all the paying guests are not in the the pool at the same time, I'm assuming, that as are most rules written for something like this, there is room for discretion of the hotel manager.

Are Disney hotels some sort of shrine unlike other hotels? I like staying onsite as well as the next person, but it's not like these are wonderful hotels for the price you pay. We've certainly stayed at much nicer, for much less, and I don't remember the other guests in those hotels looking around to see if everyone is staying at that hotel, or watching to see if another person has a guest.

I surely don't understand the title of this thread.."I win". What do you win? A letter that says pools are for paying guests? I'd actually like you to print the person's name who wrote that..and I'll write and ask if I'm permitted to have a guest, if I ask at the desk first and the pool isn't mobbed. I'd be interested in his answer. I wonder if it will make a difference if I say I'm staying at such and such hotel and would like to bring a friend in to swim...versus saying is it OK for people to come and swim in a pool if they aren't staying at a certain hotel. See what I mean? It matters how you ask the question.

Gee, stay away for a couple of days and you miss all the fun!:rolleyes:

Whether some like it or not, the reality is that if you want to bring a guest to your resort pool, you'll most likely be told it's ok. WDW makes their rules and they can bend them anytime they want to.

I realize that for some unknown reason it just eats some people alive that this goes on...but you're just going to have to adjust or stay somewhere else.

I can't imagine wasting my time and the staff of guest services with imaginary questions just to attempt to prove my point on an internet chat board. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I waste more than enough time just responding to silly threads like this one.

Oh GEEZ. Mike, first, it would be nice if you refrained from hurling general insults at the people who post on this board.

Second, on the previous AKL Pool thread, THE FACT OF DISNEY'S WRITTEN POLICY WAS NEVER THE SUBJECT OF THE DEBATE!!! Most everyone posting agreed on what the official written policy was from Disney corporate. The matter being debated on that thread was whether the OP could/should bring a guest as an exception to the general rule if specifically authorized to do so by a manager at the AKL. Some obviously feel that you never should go against the written Word of Disney corporate. Others say that if given permission by the hotel, its fine. So I don't think the response letter you posted here really adds anything to this debate.

I wanted to prove a point that guest of guest would create a overcrowed pool.

Quite frankly.... so would the 2,500 + people that would occupy AKL alone when fully booked :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MikeWazowski
I wanted to prove a point that guest of guest would create a overcrowed pool. So I emailed a higher authority. :

Thats right...you win...hope that made your day:rolleyes:

So You Can All Put That In Your Pipe And Smoke It

According to the Surgeon General...

"Smoking Is Dangerous to Health and May Cause Death from Cancer and Other Diseases."

WDW would have a far worse problem if every guest decided to use the pool at their resort-at the same time!

(Isn't Mike Wazowski the name of one of the characters in Monsters,Inc?)

Originally posted by DMRick
But since guests staying there, do not have "an official" letter to go by..they do the next best thing.

Ah, but they do! When you check in you are given a copy of your resorts "newspaper/newsletter" and each one of them that I've ever stayed at (which are most of the WDW resorts) has had specific verbage which states that that particular resorts pools are for the exclusive use of sleeping room guests of that resort. I do'nt know how it could be any more clear than that.

Anne

(which are most of the WDW resorts) has had specific verbage which states that that particular resorts pools are for the exclusive use of sleeping room guests of that resort.

Hmm..in the past we on this board had been told that note was so that you didn't pool hop. Now it means a paying guest can't have company at the pool? I don't believe it. I'd like the person's name "Mike" wrote to..I'd like to write to him also...especially since we have been told "no problem".

By the way, check-out time is on that same piece of paper..yet people ask to have that "rule" bent all the time.

Rule's are generally in place to stop people from obusing something (which pool hoping would be..most agree to that). For instance, our school has a rule that children must be there (barring illness) everyday that school is open. Yet, they often bend the rule when asked if a child can be taken out for a few days for a school vacation. I'm betting lots (I'm sure you haven't Ducklite..or if you or others have, you bring the schoolwork with you, so you really don't consider that "breaking" the rules) of people reading this (I know, some of your are really good at making sure your children don't go on vacations, anytime other than their school vacations..not all people can do that..but I do applaud you that do) have taken kids out a few days early for a vacation. That would be against NYS rules..and prob your state as well.

Airlines have certain rules about the size of carry-ons..yet people consistantly go "just a little" over the size that would fit in the container showing sizes, and the airlines let it go..yet if you brought in a really oversized piece of carry-on, the rule is there for them to show you, so they can have you check the bag (although they nicely bent the rule for us to carry on the Monorail sytem we bought for our grandson..we asked at check it (we were prepared to check it)..and they said yes..should we have not asked? Did it inconvenience others so much, that we were bad for asking?).

Lucky for those of us who sometimes find a need to ask someone in authority, if a rule can be bent, those people in authority have the right to give that permission...and I don't have to go just by what someone on a board said.

To decide which rules must be followed, is not the job of the "guests" on this board (although it doesn't hurt to point out where you read them, for sure), but to leave it up to the owner/manager of the place where you are staying.

Congratulations on winning Mike. We'll be shipping you your year's supply of Turtle Wax along with your official winners cup (reading Winner: Disboards Pool Guest Discussion-- May 2003.)

Good luck to everyone for playing; we'll have a new competition in June.

Originally posted by Jen D

Good luck to everyone for playing; we'll have a new competition in June.

Darn I missed out for the month of May. I'll try to pay more attention on this board from now on. I would like to play and compete for the month June!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter