I might be a mother by friday!

Baby Thor is in a hurry to get here.:teeth: Good luck on Friday.:)

You know, if you're bored during the whole labor thing;), you could always bring a lap top and dis until Thor gets here.:p

Sonya best wishes and I hope you will be holding Baby Thor in your arms soon. We will be thinking of you. Best wishes.l :D

Very Exciting stuff Sonya. Good Luck, and please make sure you DH has us on the 'list' of people to inform. (I know, we'll be down the list a bit, but we NEED to know.)

Don't forget to remind your DH that you qualify for a Mother's Day Brunch or something that sparkles (maybe a diamond necklace) :teeth: this year!! Baby Thor is calling the shots & he wants out before your special day!!

All kidding aside, just relax & let things happen. Try to remember every moment because someday little Thor will ask you about the day he was born. If it's possible that things are taking a while, bring your baby book to fill out your feelings at that particular time, the room, who was there, where your DH was standing before he passed out :teeth:...etc...You can write between contractions :eek: or have your DH write it out for you!

I also packed food for my DH to bring along. We were there from 6am & I delivered at 930pm but he never left the room for fear that something would happen just as he was gone. So I made him a few PB&J sandwiches, brought cheez-it's, cut up fruit, fruit snacks, drinks, nuts, etc....but then when I was starving, he was eating in front of me & that made me mad but that's another story! :rolleyes:

Don't forget to bring a list of phone #'s! I also prepared a list of numbers on an index card for my DH to call close family & friends after baby arrived & don't forget to include the long distance ones too. Be sure to bring a phone card since the hospital phone services are ridiculously high!

Enough advice! Just have a safe & very quick delivery Sonya! I'm so excited for you!! We'll all be thinking of you & praying for you.

Bonne chance et grosse bises a toi et ton petit bebe! ;)

I had to be induced, cervical cream/gel on the Thrus. night, drip in the morning. I had already started mild labour by the time they put me on the drip. Even with the drip I was still in labour for over 10hrs, so the rest of the ladies are right take something to do.
My OBGyn (HIS) favorite line was "If I was having a baby, I'd ask them to put the epidural in, as soon as I was in the parking lot of the hospital"
She was born at 6:53pm Friday night (2 days before Christmas)
maybe dd & Baby Thor will be born at the same "time"
I pray that both of you (MOMMY & baby) will be safe & healthy and Daddy won't be too stressed!
:bounce:

Wendy

Congratulations a little early! Three of my four were induced.....and now is the time to tell you the truth about labor and delivery....remember all those horror stories? Those were just "big fish" stories- if labor and delivery were all that bad there would be an awful lot of ONLY children. Hang in there, push little Thor out and enjoy. I know that everyone will tell you that time flies and the next thing you know Thor will be dating and driving. It REALLY is true. Enjoy every moment....and remember to write down the "awful" things about labor so you can threaten Thor with stories later when Thor arrives home after curfew- much better than grounding or yelling!

Again, God Bless and congratulations. Remember, new babies are a sign from God that life is worth continuing! Give the new baby a hug and kiss from all of us!

Yikes!!! :eek: I got a moist eye reading that, Sonya, I am so happy for you guys. My very best for you, Thor and Seth. ")

Wow how exciting! I love hearing stories like yours because it reminds me of my own stories just a little over a year ago. Enjoy this time and tell little Thor to settle down for just a few more days. ;)

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie. So sorry to hear you had a rough day.

But this is just so exciting. A new DIS baby by Friday!

I'm glad the doctor is going to induce you to keep you healthy and safe.

Keep us posted? I can't wait to see a photo of your baby. This is just such happy excitement :)

I don't think they have internet access at the hosp. ;) Otherwise the laptop would be packed with me!

Thanks for your well wishes everyone, I can't wait to see Thor and I'll have DH post as soon as he can.

becka, I'll gladly let you go through the false labor for me if you really need some excitement!

One of our local hospitals have a service where you can email patients get well wishes. The messages are displayed on the tv in the patient's room.:) Does your hospital do that, Sonya?:)

Good luck to you Sonya! Why would they stop the contractions if they are going to induce you in a few days anyway?

good luck - hope you have a quick easy delivery

When DS was born almost 11yrs ago doc waited till I was fully dilated then took DS by c-section anyways. My canal wasnt wide enough. I had the pain during childbirth and the pain after from the section. Blood pressure was up & down the entire time. So much that I had to have a private nurse monitor me. Everything I learned during childbirth classes went out the window.

A Baby!!! A Baby!!! You know that you have a bunch of anxious Aunts and Uncles here eagerly awaiting news of Thor's grand entrance to the world!

And know also, Sonja, that we are all praying that you have a wonderful birthing experience!:D :D :D

You take it easy! And definitely remind your hubby that AFTER he calls your parents and his parents, he is to log onto the DIS and update all of us!!;)

Yay!A baby this Friday!I'm so excited for you.It's so worth everything you have gone through.TAKE IT EASY FROM NOW UNTIL THEN!!!!!GET LOTS OF SLEEP!Make sure hubby posts for us and good luck-I'll be thinking of you!
Kim

I'll be thinking of you on Friday, Sonya.

Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter