I might be a mother by friday!

Sonya

Kaki Gori veteran
Oh my, I'm so nervous now! I went to the Dr today and she said she wants to induce since I have an abrupted placenta and it would be safer to induce at the hospital rather than if I went into labor myself at home. If things were to go wrong they would go wrong rather quickly and it would be better at the hosp. I agree with her so we sent up an iduction for Friday!
I go in Thurs. night to get started with cervadil and on Friday morning they start the pitocin. I asked how soon I could get the epidural. How about today?;)
So by Friday evening I could be holding my little one! However she did say that it might not work and they might just have to send me home. I hope like heck that doesn't happen. If I'm going through all this I want my baby! He's been doing so good, his heartbeat is so strong, and they are pretty sure him coming so early won't be a problem. 36 weeks isn't considered preemie anymore.

On a side note, I ended up at the hosp. this morning about 2:30, I was having bad stomache cramps and was throwing up. I thought it was something I had eaten. Turns out to be early labor contractions! They gave me some stuff to stop the throwing up and the labor and sent me home. It's been a day from heck.

Hope you're feeling better!

Hang on!! It's almost time :teeth:
I hope you get your baby Friday..........I'll be thinking of you :sunny:

Good luck, Sonya! I hope all goes well for your this week! It is soooo exciting to hold your baby for the first time! Ooohh, and the fresh baby smell! Gotta love it! (Not the OTHER baby smell... that one you NEVER love!)

Get as much rest as you can now, you will need it!

Keep us posted... and don't forget the camera!

Karen

I know that you are getting so excited! I hope it comes for you then too! Since I will be gone to the beach then I am sending you an early Congratulations!!!:)

Oh boy, Sonya, you're getting so close now! I hope you are feeling much better very soon (stomach illnesses are awful, and I can't imagine one accompanied by labor pains). I'm glad to hear that little Thor is doing so well! :)

Oh wow!!! Hang in there Sonya. I remember a co-worker of mine with through the throwing up thing a week or so before she was due and got a similar treatment I guess. Hang in there and your baby will be with you soon :)

Congratulations! Both my kids (now 12 and 13) arrived at 37 weeks and were just fine. I wasn't prepared but that is another story. You really find out who your good friends are when you send them out to buy nursing bras for you...

Enjoy-and yes ask for the epidural!!!

Elise

Sonya,
My placenta abrupted, too. I had to have an emergency c-section.
The doctor apologized about it and I said, "It doesn't matter, just get my little guy out!"

You will do fine! Enjoy these last few days alone with your DH and get ready for the rest of your life...as a mom!

Congrats...and hope you get a redhead!
(from a mom with two out of three redheads)!

Lisajl

Good luck Sonya - here's hoping for an easy delivery and a healthy, happy baby this Friday!

Best wishes for a safe and healthy delivery for both of you!!!!

Sonya, make sure your hubby knows how to contact us. Oh forget that, rent a laptop, we want to know details as they happen. ;)

I had the same problem, they put me into the hospital and I was there for three days before my baby was born by c-section. So take plenty of things to do so you don't get bored silly.

The only reason it was an emergency c-section is because of the way she was laying. Her umbilical cord was across the top of her head as she was trying to come out.

Good luck! My DD was born at 36 weeks and she was fine. Just some jaundice we had to deal with, but that's no biggie. I'll be thinking of you Friday. :D

Good luck Sonya! Please keep us posted and don't forget the camera. :D

Ooh! I'm so excited for you Sonya! :) I can't wait until you are able to get back us and tell us all about your precious little baby. :) It's so wonderful! :)

All the best to you!!!! Everything should be just perfect!!!:D

I sure hope all goes well for you this Friday and that you become a new mama!!! Good luck Sonya!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter