I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH has a CSP, which is where I transferred the points. A standard room rate uses $25,000 points per night or $312 per night, which is identical to the Lowes site, but if we were to get an AP, then the cost is $240 per night. The Chase UR portal doesn’t match that. Am I right? How is supposed to compare? 75,000 UR points would equate to what in cash? I’m so lost with this.

So 75k UR points is worth either $750 in cash (1 cpp) or $937.50 worth of award travel booked through the CSP portal (1.25 cpp). All things being equal that means booking through the Chase portal would cost you less UR for the same room. Things are not always equal though. Sometimes only certain room types are available through the portal but you can find other, cheaper options if booking cash elsewhere.

In this case cashing out the 24k UR to cover the $240 night would be the better value. A better return would be charging the $240 to the CSP to get the 2x UR first and then cash out for the statement credit to offset. Unfortunately, value is not always cut and dry.

I don’t even have the banner now although I know I did before. I clicked on it and read conditions but didn’t activate (guess I should have). It is not reading my Plat Biz as even having MR points available. I added the Golds and it sees the points on the Biz but I tried the .01 trick and it didn’t discount. I think I am out of luck. :(

I’m sorry... it takes a few hours after linking a card to pay with points to actually be able to see and use those points on the new card. I don’t even know what would happen if you had been targeted, activated the promo, then unlinked your card to add it again.

I just know that I spent about $200 against the promo, had read that it was multi-use up to $500, came back and didn’t see the discount showing, clicked on the banner and activated the offer again, proceeded to checkout and saw the discount applied.

When I used my CSP to book at Royal Pacific, I also factored in the cost of the express pass that comes along with staying there. It doesn’t affect how you book, but just something I wanted to throw my two cents in about for when you are choosing which hotel.

Ty. Yes! We were definitely looking to book one of the three Express Pass hotels.

Last edited:
It’s only advantageous if you have a card that multiplies the value of your points when you book travel via Chase portal. CSR 1 UR:$.015 or CSP/CIP 1 UR:$.0125

If you have only a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited you’re better to cash out. If you have a CSR/CSP/CIP you transfer points from your CF/CFU to those cards to get the better point redemptions. If you’re under 5/24 with only a CF/CFU and are interested in CSR/CSP/CIP we can help you decide which might be better for you :)

I transferred my points from my CIC (Chase Ink Business Cash). Would I have received more cash back had I not transferred the points to my husband’s CSP?

Apologies if this has been asked already, as I’m not yet caught up on the last couple of days of posts, but with regard to the Chase Starbucks offers, can anyone confirm that a reload to the SB app using the Chase cc with the offer works to trigger the benefit? In other words, with the 10% offer I have on my United Club card, can I do a $30 reload to the SB app and trigger the $3 statement credit? Thanks!

Apologies if this has been asked already, as I’m not yet caught up on the last couple of days of posts, but with regard to the Chase Starbucks offers, can anyone confirm that a reload to the SB app using the Chase cc with the offer works to trigger the benefit? In other words, with the 10% offer I have on my United Club card, can I do a $30 reload to the SB app and trigger the $3 statement credit? Thanks!

unsure since its very new stuff... im still waiting to see my 10% off Office Depot. be the DP! :D

It will. I reloaded mine through the app for the extra stars and to use chase pay, except it went on my csr instead of cfu, opps. And I got an email a few days later that I would get 1.25 back. I still need to do 5 chase pays though, not sure I will since they all have to be $25 and I was anticipating 3 being starbucks. I know I have that offer on my cfu but I'm not sure it's on my csr, plus I'll be downgrading it within the next month so I don't know that I want to deal with that part either. And I'm waiting for my new AS card that has a 2k min spend instead of the easier 1k, so I don't want to put a bunch of spend elsewhere anyway. I'm starting to think the extra 1500 ur isn't worth the hassle.

It will. I reloaded mine through the app for the extra stars and to use chase pay, except it went on my csr instead of cfu, opps. And I got an email a few days later that I would get 1.25 back. I still need to do 5 chase pays though, not sure I will since they all have to be $25 and I was anticipating 3 being starbucks. I know I have that offer on my cfu but I'm not sure it's on my csr, plus I'll be downgrading it within the next month so I don't know that I want to deal with that part either. And I'm waiting for my new AS card that has a 2k min spend instead of the easier 1k, so I don't want to put a bunch of spend elsewhere anyway. I'm starting to think the extra 1500 ur isn't worth the hassle.
CSR and CSP have the 1500 UR promo, along with CFU

This morning I was complaining that I didn't get my new Amex card.

Well, today was our trash removal day, adjusted for Thanksgiving so I went out to take in my can and there was my envelop, sent UPS this time. The GOLD colored gold card. So I expect Rose will show up next week and that the email referred to that card.

Amex sends stuff every which way. SPG was Fedexed. Other cards, by regular mail. Now, UPS for gold. Not sure how to expect Rose.

Anyone ever stayed at a Marriott property in Baltimore? DH and I decided to nix our AZ trip for the spring as there are some upgrades we'd like to make to our house, and instead just take an overnight trip away for our anniversary using my Marriott free night certificate. I'm thinking Baltimore since we've never been there together before, and the last time I went I was in 5th grade! It looks like there's a nice new Delta hotel at the Harbor, and a Renaissance at the Harbor. Anyone ever stayed at either of these? Both of them the rooms are 35,000 points. For the Renaissance, it's 35,000 points plus $40 for a harbor view room. Does anyone know if I would be allowed to use my free night certificate and then pay the extra $40 for the harbor view?

How can I see if my 1500 bonus posted? I have made all 5 transactions.

1) login to chase
2) go to the ultimate rewards tab
3) go to your CFU ultimate rewards
4) go to review more activity under the UR total
5) scroll down to Most Recent Activity and Bonus earn--- mine says Walmart.com $25 (under amount tab) 1537.5 (under points) and next to the 1537.5 "bonus earn" is in light blue

For the Renaissance, it's 35,000 points plus $40 for a harbor view room. Does anyone know if I would be allowed to use my free night certificate and then pay the extra $40 for the harbor view?

On the website, if they let you book with points plus cash it will be an option. I'm using a 50,000 free certificate plus cash for upgrade for one of our two nights in Budapest and 50,000 points plus cash for our second...both allowed when booking (the site even recommended, in a way, using the 50,000 free night). It was actually pretty (surprisingly) helpful!

1) login to chase
2) go to the ultimate rewards tab
3) go to your CFU ultimate rewards
4) go to review more activity under the UR total
5) scroll down to Most Recent Activity and Bonus earn--- mine says Walmart.com $25 (under amount tab) 1537.5 (under points) and next to the 1537.5 "bonus earn" is in light blue
The 1500 will show attached with the 5th qualifying transaction.

Looking for some advice on what credit card to get for Delta rewards. We are flying my husband's parents from their podunk airport to MCO. It looks like the best airline for them would be Delta (Skywest Delta connection to DTW and Delta nonstop from DTW to MCO) we always fly SWA on points from our airport, so I want to get a credit card with good rewards for Delta but not necessarily Delta branded since that's not something we'll be able to use for ourselves. I have the Chase Sapphire Reserve, but have used most of my reward points for other things. It looks like there's an Amex SPG card with a 75,000 sign up bonus and that those points can transfer to Delta. Will that transfer to Delta 1:1 or after the merger will that only get me 25,000 Delta miles (not even one rt flight)? Can Delta miles be used for the Skywest Delta connection flights too? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter