I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally decided what to buy on Amazon and the 20% off deal is not on there anymore. I know it was yesterday and that I was targeted. Is the deal still active? I guess I can call tomorrow but does anyone have any suggestions? I deleted and then added again my Amex and still nothing. It is not even showing that the Amex has any MR’s attached to it. Argh!

I'm exhausted.

It's been an eventful Thanksgiving and Black Friday that's for sure. I have no idea how much money I've spent - I should probably figure that out.
Went to Kings Island (theme park) Winterfest tonight and renewed my annual passes for another year too (so more money).

Without looking I'm just about certain I've hit my spend requirement on the Hilton Amex for those 20,000 extra points.

Awwww I used to live in Mason, I could see the Eiffel Tower from my house. Haven’t been there in about 27 years though

Finally decided what to buy on Amazon and the 20% off deal is not on there anymore. I know it was yesterday and that I was targeted. Is the deal still active? I guess I can call tomorrow but does anyone have any suggestions? I deleted and then added again my Amex and still nothing. It is not even showing that the Amex has any MR’s attached to it. Argh!

I used it a couple hours ago and then tried a dummy checkout to see if it would work twice, and it did.

Chase is making me nuts, still 2 week message on my SW personal and I will probably have spent at least $800 this weekend that I could have used for my MSR on my SW biz, if I knew for sure I had the 50k personal offer for sure . So frustrating.

Here's something interesting: I use Open Table to make restaurant reservations and to collect points. I already had enough points for an Amazon giftcard... but tonight I was clicking around the site and I noticed I had enough points for $40 off a hotel reservation through Kayak. Just passing along - might be worth checking out more.

My dh got his SW plus today also! I think we app'ed on the same day for our hubs. I'm kind of stressing over NOT meeting the spend until Jan. That's not the norm lol!
Yes! It's so weird! Makes me want to get another card... especially as DH had been looking at this truck bed cover, and it went on sale for 30 or 40% off,so I had him put it on the biz. That was $700 I didn't have calculated into the MSR plan :P

I lost the deal too. Had it there yesterday with an iPad for $249. I had to do something with DD and then came back about an hour later. Both the iPad was sold out and the Amex deal was gone. Tried again today and nothing. My points are showing but the deal is gone. I see people using 1 MR but the least I could do was $1.00 worth of MR which was like 143 MRs.

Last Black Fri was dismal for me so when I woke up this morning I didn’t have a clue I’d end up knocking out most of my Xmas shopping plus a little Xmas splurging on myself- well, it was little until I saw the $80 Disney wallet I’ve been searching for all year & somehow the $50 budget for “me stuff” went out the window... As such (and seeing as I REALLY don’t need a minimum spend to hit after today’s shopping spree) what I wish for this Xmas is some Holiday Bank Bonuses!

I lost the deal too. Had it there yesterday with an iPad for $249. I had to do something with DD and then came back about an hour later. Both the iPad was sold out and the Amex deal was gone. Tried again today and nothing. My points are showing but the deal is gone. I see people using 1 MR but the least I could do was $1.00 worth of MR which was like 143 MRs.

I am sorry! I will try again tomorrow but am not optimistic. My points are not even linking to the account now but sounds like if they do not looking good that the offer will be there. It is pretty frustrating and makes me mad at myself. Trying to think that if I if I spend that extra $100 at least I am that much closer to the 10k spend working on with the Biz Plat. I just hate days like this though; where you almost get a good deal but then not at all.

Yes! It's so weird! Makes me want to get another card... especially as DH had been looking at this truck bed cover, and it went on sale for 30 or 40% off,so I had him put it on the biz. That was $700 I didn't have calculated into the MSR plan :P
I'm seriously considering another card also. Not meeting a 2k MSR for another month+ is more than I can deal with lol! Thinking about either the Arrival+ (for dh) or the Amex BBP (for dh).

If you were targeted and activated the offer before, but came back and “lost” the discount, try clicking the Get 20% off offer banner and click to activate again before proceeding to checkout. You’ll get the red message, “Your points will be applied at checkout but we were not able to activate the promo code. If you have already activated this code, your discount will be applied at checkout,” but when you proceed to checkout you might see the Amex Holiday Promo applied again, just remember to change your pay with points to $0.01 or only 1 MR. Hope this works.

I'm seriously considering another card also. Not meeting a 2k MSR for another month+ is more than I can deal with lol! Thinking about either the Arrival+ (for dh) or the Amex BBP (for dh).

i wish there was a 1.5x on TYP points lol. I seem to have the other card line. (BBP for 2x MR, 1.5x for UR, 2x marriott with any marriott card). for non cat spendings...
im probably gonna start looking for the next best card too.

Wishing my southwest cards would show up so I could bang out some Christmas shopping.

All I’ve gotten so for was a Nintendo switch for my son- from dell with 10% off on my spg biz and 20% cash back through Topcashback. The switch is basically never on sale so getting it 30% off is a steal.

Do the southwest cards get chase offers? I’ll likely do a lot of amazon shopping and it would be great to have some offers for Lowe’s or staples for an extra discount while working on my minimum spend. Otherwise I have to debate using my discover and slowing down the spend on both my southwest cards. But I really want to the points to post in January.

Wishing my southwest cards would show up so I could bang out some Christmas shopping.

All I’ve gotten so for was a Nintendo switch for my son- from dell with 10% off on my spg biz and 20% cash back through Topcashback. The switch is basically never on sale so getting it 30% off is a steal.

Do the southwest cards get chase offers? I’ll likely do a lot of amazon shopping and it would be great to have some offers for Lowe’s or staples for an extra discount while working on my minimum spend. Otherwise I have to debate using my discover and slowing down the spend on both my southwest cards. But I really want to the points to post in January.

Yes the SW cards get offers. I have offers on my closed SW Premier :p

Speaking of, a new offer came out in the last day or so for 10% off at Staples, but a max of $6 back.

If you were targeted and activated the offer before, but came back and “lost” the discount, try clicking the Get 20% off offer banner and click to activate again before proceeding to checkout. You’ll get the red message, “Your points will be applied at checkout but we were not able to activate the promo code. If you have already activated this code, your discount will be applied at checkout,” but when you proceed to checkout you might see the Amex Holiday Promo applied again, just remember to change your pay with points to $0.01 or only 1 MR. Hope this works.

So I tried to link again and it said that I wasn't eligible for the promotion. Boo. On a whim checked to see if the iPad was back in stock. I am shocked to say that it was. Played around with the 1 MR thing for kicks and giggles and noticed that the price of the iPad in the cart dropped down to $199.xx. :eek::banana:. Looks like the promo was magically back on for me and the item I needed...err...wanted was available for the taking. I wasn't going to bother if you didn't say to change it to $.01. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: Fixed typos from my excitement

Last edited:
Even though Amex said 3-5 days, I still don't have my gold card. And, I get an email this morning saying they just shipped it. Oh well.

Black Friday shopping was almost non existent for me. No biggie as I didn't have much I needed. I would have taken advantage of the Amazon offer but was not targeted.

Sent younger daughter to Target to buy pet food with my discounted gift card and get the 20% off coupon. I will get great use out of that coupon when I buy about 6 months worth of canned pet food later on!

Got $5 from Lowes.

That was it.

I've already gotten the toys for the grand daughters and other gifts will be to their college accounts.

Son says he doesn't want anything as I've already given him the gift of life. Daughter wants socks. Older daughter wants a throw from Ethan Allen. Son in law - clothes and gift cards. Son will get some gift cards since he's not volunteering any great ideas, as will younger daughter in addition to socks.

MGM International is having a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal on all Las Vegas properties.

https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/offers/black-friday-cyber-monday-2018.html

Offer ends December 3. Money off room rates and food/bev credit included. Decent if you were planning on booking Vegas the next couple of days. Be sure to check your Amex offers. I seem to recall seeing MGM properties Las Vegas on mine not so long ago (I think it was $60 off $300 spend). I'm still locked in for my the Chase fine hotel deals I snagged back in August for my upcoming trip there in a few days.

I might try for a Platinum after we get back from Nashville. You've got me thinking about closing my old Arrival in prep for churning it next year sometime. Maybe I should make a plan to use DHs $200ish credit and have him close his in March when the AF hits too...

Has anyone had their 15 elite CC nights for Marriott post since the merger? I am due mine in Dec so I am hoping they actually appear since after we stay at Fairfield this evening plus those 15 nights, I will make platinum.

So sad to be leaving ORLANDO though :( High of 81 degree today certainly beats the temp in MD. 6 more years until DS graduates and I retire and we can move to the warmth somewhere!

THIS. I'm sitting on way too many :sad2:

But, is there such thing as too many iTunes giftcards? :D
I was sitting on WAY too many vgc's and Lowes gc for the past few months...i felt so much anxiety! I just this week have almost finished using them all up! (I kept feeling like something will go glitchy and wrong before I used them all)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter