I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to go ahead and take the 80K offer for Marriott. Instantly approved!

Glad you guys shared your reddit names. Was able to look for you there.
I'd be onboard for a FB or reddit group!!
Did you apply for the personal or business card? I'm interested in the Marriott card, but I'm 14/24 right now so there's no chance for the personal! I've read that the business card doesn't fall under the 5/24 rule.

Watching the new Cap1 Venture card 50,000 point bonus (posted on DoC today) but super bummed about the huge amount of denials. Thought I had a new CC to apply for but with them hitting all 3(!) bureaus I'm gonna channel patience while waiting for more DPs on the denials...

I got the Venture card in April when I was 9/24. DH just got his card last week so we just missed out on the extra 10,000pts :( He was 6/24 when he applied. We were both instantly approved.

Reddit scares me, so I rarely go on there. I'd be down for a FB group!

im in the same situation... if you dont mind me asking, with $200 revenue, how much credit do they give u? My business so to say is semi legit, as i collect rent and act as a property manager. I do include the collected rent in the revenue though...
I would openly share this, but I don't know... I missed it if it was on my approved screen. Depending on how long you want to wait, I can let you know when it comes lol

Did you apply for the personal or business card? I'm interested in the Marriott card, but I'm 14/24 right now so there's no chance for the personal! I've read that the business card doesn't fall under the 5/24 rule.

I applied for the personal. Guess I could have done the business since the bonus is the same and the AF is only slightly higher. I just wasn't sure about getting approved for another business card from Chase with my "business." However, now that I'm going through threads over on reddit, I'm seeing several posts about people being approved for 2 or 3 business cards with Chase. I thought this used to be an issue, but apparently it's not as much of an issue anymore. The business would have been a better option for my 5/24 status since I'm trying to make sure I have 2 spots open at the end of next year for two SW cards for CP 2019 and 2020. After this Marriott card I have to layoff for quite a while. I've got exactly two cards falling off next year and I'll need those slots. Oh well. I can always have DH apply for more Chase next year!! LOL

Reddit scares me, so I rarely go on there. I'd be down for a FB group!

That's how I feel too. I've ventured onto reddit when it's come up in searches before and I get so confused and then I hear all these stories about how posters act and it makes me not want to figure it out.

I applied for the personal. Guess I could have done the business since the bonus is the same and the AF is only slightly higher. I just wasn't sure about getting approved for another business card from Chase with my "business." However, now that I'm going through threads over on reddit, I'm seeing several posts about people being approved for 2 or 3 business cards with Chase. I thought this used to be an issue, but apparently it's not as much of an issue anymore. The business would have been a better option for my 5/24 status since I'm trying to make sure I have 2 spots open at the end of next year for two SW cards for CP 2019 and 2020. After this Marriott card I have to layoff for quite a while. I've got exactly two cards falling off next year and I'll need those slots. Oh well. I can always have DH apply for more Chase next year!! LOL
Thanks, this is super helpful! I've never applied for a business card before, but this gives me hope! I would love to go for the SW CP but I don't ever see me being under 5/24 any time soon. :(

@SouthFayetteFan Would the reddit group be private? I'd be interested even though I am not on reddit. I'd join for that. I'm not on FB either so I'd have to join either one.

you can make it private
I'm working on finishing it up now. It will be private but anybody who is a verified user of both DISboards and Reddit will be approved.

Ok Folks - let's give this a test...
Check this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/

When you go there (unless I've already added you) you will see an error message. The way to join this group will be by sending a PM on the DISboards to a moderator of the DISchurners subreddit. The reason I'm saying the message would have to come on the DISboards is that it would verify that you actually exist and are active on here.

If people like this idea, we could nominate a few additional moderators to assist with adding members. Right now I have it set to not allow any new threads without approval, check it out and give some feedback and ideas. The goal would be to use that to share referrals with each other and support DISboards friends.

JUST TO REITERATE - IF YOU WANT TO CHECK THIS OUT, SEND @SouthFayetteFan and @Albort a DISBOARDS PM WITH YOUR REDDIT USERNAME (and let us know if you want your DISboards name shared on the private subreddit, We can redact it if you so desire - but we do have to show your reddit name there though).

Last edited:
On Amex or on SPG? I'm asking because my wife has the BIZ card and I have the personal and she's about to refer me to the BIZ so I'm very interested in this quirk...lol!

i cannot combine my SPG personal and SPG Biz to the same login. So i have 2 logins for Americanexpress now.

i cannot combine my SPG personal and SPG Biz to the same login. So i have 2 logins for Americanexpress now.
Oh - that might have been a quirk when you got approved. I've had that happen before a couple of times. Once you get the physical card you should be able to get it added to your main login.

Oh - that might have been a quirk when you got approved. I've had that happen before a couple of times. Once you get the physical card you should be able to get it added to your main login.

hmm, interesting. i will have to try again then... thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter