I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone modified a Disney hotel reservation made through the Chase Portal paid for with a combo of points and cash? I checked the portal for my January stay at AoA and the price has come down. I can save $200 cash if I rebook, but I'm hoping I don't have to go through the trouble of canceling the reservation, making a new one, and then calling Disney Wholesale again. If I do have to cancel, I think the points would be immediately returned to my UR account, right?
I just cancelled & rebooked, points returned immediately.

Has anyone modified a Disney hotel reservation made through the Chase Portal paid for with a combo of points and cash? I checked the portal for my January stay at AoA and the price has come down. I can save $200 cash if I rebook, but I'm hoping I don't have to go through the trouble of canceling the reservation, making a new one, and then calling Disney Wholesale again. If I do have to cancel, I think the points would be immediately returned to my UR account, right?

My reservations have all been points only but the points have come back immediately. I think you would have a few days until any cash was credited back.

I just cancelled & rebooked, points returned immediately.

My reservations have all been points only but the points have come back immediately. I think you would have a few days until any cash was credited back.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear they redeposit the points right away. I'm still wondering about whether I can modify for a price difference without having to cancel. I guess I need to call.

Can someone confirm or point me to the information for what qualifies as a Delta purchase for the statement credit on the Delta Platinum Amex? Thanks.

After looking at my moms account, I think she has the Gas & Restaurants version, though no where does it say that. Mine is still a "More" account. Anyone know if you can PC Discover cards like Chase cards? My mom rarely goes anywhere, Gas & Resturants is not doing her much good. At least the 'plain' Card she has a chance at something she might use.

Yeah Discover is terrible at branding. The Gas and Restaurants card is technically called a "Discover it® chrome" card, however, there's only 2 places I ever saw that name - 1. on the letter the card was attached to and 2. in the Cashback program Terms and Conditions page. That's the easiest place to see what type of card you actually have. I go to "see all" in the Rewards menu and at the bottom is a link to the T&C page.

You should be able to change to anything you want, but a change just wouldn't get any 'new' card member bonuses.

I just realized that I have more Disney Visa Rewards dollars than I thought I had. Trying to determine the best course of action. I could do the simple reward card for an upcoming trip to WDW for NYE, OR I could use the reward dollars to credit British Airline tickets that I am buying soon to UK & Ireland. I am using Avios for my travel, but the taxes and fees are considerable for 6 of us, and this is what I would be potentially charging to the Disney Visa. Does anyone know if Chase will allow the reward dollars to be applied to the taxes and fees charged for my flights on BA?

CSR annual fee clarification: We received our CSR Sept '16, along with our $450 annual fee and our $300 travel credit. This year's $450 fee hit on October 1st, but this year's travel credit won't hit until December. When I signed up, I was hoping to get two years' travel credits for one annual fee and downgrade to a no-fee card. Should I pay the $450 now and then after this year's travel credit hits in December, ask to downgrade, hoping to pay just three months of a prorated fee but still net more than that with the travel credit?
Or, should I just downgrade now, giving up "double dipping" of the travel credit?
Ouch. So your double dip opportunity was this time last year until your Dec statement in 2016 when credit "reset" for 2017. If you didn't use 2016 before it reset you lost the 2016 and therefore the "double dip". Only you can determine if it's worth the risk now to hold the card on the bet that you'll get a prorated AF refund upon downgrading.

Thanks, I'm glad to hear they redeposit the points right away. I'm still wondering about whether I can modify for a price difference without having to cancel. I guess I need to call.

You might be able to do it by calling. I know if you cancel online and rebook, you will have to call Disney wholesale back as your conf# will be different.

Yeah Discover is terrible at branding. The Gas and Restaurants card is technically called a "Discover it® chrome" card, however, there's only 2 places I ever saw that name - 1. on the letter the card was attached to and 2. in the Cashback program Terms and Conditions page. That's the easiest place to see what type of card you actually have. I go to "see all" in the Rewards menu and at the bottom is a link to the T&C page.

You should be able to change to anything you want, but a change just wouldn't get any 'new' card member bonuses.
Thanks. My mom isn't in it for the bonuses per say. She just charges everything on one card, her Discover (except that time I had her sign up for Amex SPG to give me the Starpoints. She was constantly asking me if we met spend, whether it was on autopsy, etc. Canceling that one soon). Anywho, she usually saves her cashback for Christmas gifts or some other treat. Was thinking to maximize her rewards.
OTOH, I will be signing up,for Discover It in December or January to work on some cash back for a cruise.

I would openly share this, but I don't know... I missed it if it was on my approved screen. Depending on how long you want to wait, I can let you know when it comes lol

you get ur card yet? i feel like its Dec 20th and Christmas needs to get here quicker... :P

you get ur card yet? i feel like its Dec 20th and Christmas needs to get here quicker... :P
Same! I didn't even call to see if I could get it quicker since my car repair would have been the main reason. I'm also waiting for two AU Chase cards so I check the mail excitedly every night...

Thanks. My mom isn't in it for the bonuses per say. She just charges everything on one card, her Discover (except that time I had her sign up for Amex SPG to give me the Starpoints. She was constantly asking me if we met spend, whether it was on autopsy, etc. Canceling that one soon). Anywho, she usually saves her cashback for Christmas gifts or some other treat. Was thinking to maximize her rewards.
OTOH, I will be signing up,for Discover It in December or January to work on some cash back for a cruise.

How does the Discover IT work? I am constantly looking for ways to cut down cost of cruises. I have a Discover. Must
be an old version as i have had it around 8 years. It's been a sock drawer until this Q4 bonus catagories.

Coming out of lurkdom with a Chase Ink question: I'd like to apply for this card (I sell a decent amount of stuff on eBay and Facebook - and I want that 3% back on cable and phone bills!) - my husband wants to know if having a business card will affect our taxes in any way. Anyone know? Thanks! :)

Has it been a year already? That Chase Reserve 450 fee hit this month. I knew it was coming
but seeing it still was painful. I do my apps in threes so i also have Amex Prg and Barclay
due also.

Called Barclay to downgrade to no fee version. Got 1000 points for first purchase. Kept
same credit line and remaining points.

Called Amex to cancel PRG as it is useless to me. Got a retention offer for 5k points now
and 15k points after 3 thou spend. Decided to take it so i can transfer miles to airlines
when they run their transfer bonus specials.

Will definitely cancel next year. Those annual fees really add up.

Last edited:
Coming out of lurkdom with a Chase Ink question: I'd like to apply for this card (I sell a decent amount of stuff on eBay and Facebook - and I want that 3% back on cable and phone bills!) - my husband wants to know if having a business card will affect our taxes in any way. Anyone know? Thanks! :)
A business card will not affect your taxes in any way. It will allow you to keep those "business" expenses separate ;) that's all.

The major difference is that business cards do not have the same consumer protections, otherwise it's not much different than a personal card.

A business card will not affect your taxes in any way. It will allow you to keep those "business" expenses separate ;) that's all.

The major difference is that business cards do not have the same consumer protections, otherwise it's not much different than a personal card.
Thank you! :) Sending a PM soon with my Reddit name so I can lurk there too! ;)

Their CSRs are, uh, incompetent. This is the way my refund was handled and many others reported the same thing. If it's changed do let us know. (And if it has changed you should def get the travel credit reinstated.)
Well i got all of my deposit back. The part I put on Credit Card AND the travel credit part.

Thank you very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!