I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone have any more Dp on the walmart chase pay thing? I still have a pending charge from the 11th, it appeared again the next day,but pending! it's been since the 11th...AAAAHHH nope! I just looked again,and it says it was charged on the 14th now...wth is going on here? it changed from saying it was the 11th.... and still pending! How can it be pending when I've gotten my stuff?

anyone have any more Dp on the walmart chase pay thing? I still have a pending charge from the 11th, it appeared again the next day,but pending! it's been since the 11th...AAAAHHH nope! I just looked again,and it says it was charged on the 14th now...wth is going on here? it changed from saying it was the 11th.... and still pending! How can it be pending when I've gotten my stuff?

i have a walmart.com purchase that posted 3 days later. Ironically, i got the item before it post lol. It makes me wonder if they actually charge it when the item ships/arrives so it takes longer.
All my other ones posted within a day, but all of them posted($250 x3 (CF, CFU, CSR). seems like gift card post quickly but items post slowly.
probably just a glitch. It should post soon!

Oh I hope you're right. They did say they'd be reporting the closure to the credit bureaus, so I wasn't sure how that would affect things.
They asked if standard shipping of the cards was okay, and I was like, "I don't care about the cards, just don't let anything happen to my Ultimate Rewards!!"

I wonder if I'll have to sign up for the PP and National Car cards again since the account number is different.

It's not the same thing when it's closed for fraud as when you close an account. I've had fraud on my barclay aa card and another, both were closed with new cards issued but didn't show anything weird on my credit report. Which is probably part of why they report it. There's too much fraud for the credit companies to let it negatively affect someone's score.

So my Chase accounts no longer reflect my Fairmont and instead CSP is listed. I haven't received the card yet, but have to admit I'm sad although I knew it was coming August 15th. I received the Fairmont at the end of its offering and has a wonderful stay at the Vancouver Pacific Rim with upgrades and special treats-probably the nicest hotel (or tied with BCN Ritz) in which I've had the privilege of staying. I did check my Fairmont member status and it hasn't been downgraded (yet). Suspect at the first of the year that will happen if not before. Boo.

On the bright side, I used AmEx offer and received 30% off a year of kindle unlimited. So I'm still finding offers I can use in that arena.

Since I was on Chase's site, I sm'd and requested a PC from CSR. Since I now have a CSP I didn't request/want/need there is no need for me to have 2 premium products when the UR points just aren't that valuable to me. Add in the July hotel issues and their travel portal just wasn't worth it (to me). I believe my anniversary is Sept 1 so we'll see what the response is.

I'm in the process of making a keep/downgrade/cancel list and firming up my plans for the next year. I'm sure some patterns will be interesting and I'm excited to streamline and perfect my credit card use.
Chase refused to PC my Fairmont which is now a CSP... they said I should try again in January when I've had the account for a year.. my only concern is not being able to get the csp bonus until jan 2020 since there is 24 month bonus language in all chase applications..

Thanks for the reference!

Where are you staying? I'm now trying to figure out if there is somewhere I can go to use my last little bit of status (and Willow Stream/rest credits):)
I used my dining certs at the Washington location a few weeks ago. Using my free nights over Easter in Banff.

Oh I hope you're right. They did say they'd be reporting the closure to the credit bureaus, so I wasn't sure how that would affect things.
They asked if standard shipping of the cards was okay, and I was like, "I don't care about the cards, just don't let anything happen to my Ultimate Rewards!!"

I wonder if I'll have to sign up for the PP and National Car cards again since the account number is different.
I had to get a new card with a new number and didn't need to replace anything. My credit report still has the same open date. The new card did adjust the expiration date but that was the only thing.

Chase refused to PC my Fairmont which is now a CSP... they said I should try again in January when I've had the account for a year.. my only concern is not being able to get the csp bonus until jan 2020 since there is 24 month bonus language in all chase applications..

I remember your posting that which is why I'm waiting to PC my CSP until January. Today I've requested and received/sent multiple SMs for a product change for my CSR. I think I'm on my fourth SM saying "yes, you have my permission." I don't know if they think making me send a message multiple times will result in my thinking "oh what the heck, I'll just pay $450 for this card another year." Um, no. I have all day to play the read and respond game (sadly-currently waiting on the pest people).

I remember your posting that which is why I'm waiting to PC my CSP until January. Today I've requested and received/sent multiple SMs for a product change for my CSR. I think I'm on my fourth SM saying "yes, you have my permission." I don't know if they think making me send a message multiple times will result in my thinking "oh what the heck, I'll just pay $450 for this card another year." Um, no. I have all day to play the read and respond game (sadly-currently waiting on the pest people).
I just read someone's post which said that you need to pc to a sapphire first then wait a few days to pc to freedom unlimited.

But you didn't get the CSP bonus, right? So hopefully it won't affect you.

Walmart IT > Disney IT. But that's about it. Basically, you're fighting Walmart IT here. Being patient worked for me, and it is hilarious that you have your goods and they haven't bothered to charge properly for them. Well, not hilarious because you are obviously frustrated :( but you get my meaning :) I would worry if the pending charge drops from your credit card for a couple days. Then I would contact Walmart and find out what was going on. Some people have success with Walmart chat so if you have to contact Walmart I'd start there.

Looking at booking Animal Kingdom for a night post cruise using UR points. Kidani Village and Jambo House are available. Any recommendations of one over the other. Also, how challenging is it to cancel if booked through the UR portal? Appreciate help on this.

I remember your posting that which is why I'm waiting to PC my CSP until January. Today I've requested and received/sent multiple SMs for a product change for my CSR. I think I'm on my fourth SM saying "yes, you have my permission." I don't know if they think making me send a message multiple times will result in my thinking "oh what the heck, I'll just pay $

Success! Finally showing on my chase account-CSR gone and CF (#2) on my account. Now to wait until Jan to PC the CSP. Also closed my Citi AA since redemptions have been hard to come by with my schedule AND I have the Barclaycard AAviator Red. Total savings by trimming the fat this am=$545.

Again, I realize the CSR is a great card for many but it just wasn't a good (ie $150 fee worth net) for me. Honestly I'd still recommend it for many :)

Looking at booking Animal Kingdom for a night post cruise using UR points. Kidani Village and Jambo House are available. Any recommendations of one over the other. Also, how challenging is it to cancel if booked through the UR portal? Appreciate help on this.

I've only stayed at Jambo House and it's very nice-amazing architecture and the animals! Boma and Jiko are on site and Saana (my favorite) is an easy walk to Kidani Village for sit down meal choices. The Mara is the quick service and it has always been good (not always quick but good). The pools, gym and grounds are all very nice.

The only time I tried to cancel or reschedule a stay on UR points was unsuccessful. YMMV on that-I'm sure some have been able to do it but my data point of one time my canceling was not possible.

Can't speak to AKL but as long as the reservation says you're able to cancel, you should be ok. I've cancelled, immediately had my points back, & rebooked the same resort when the price dropped.
ETA The rooms available for my date say refundable on the left side, under the room description

Last edited:
Can't speak to AKL but as long as the reservation says you're able to cancel, you should be ok. I've cancelled, immediately had my points back, & rebooked the same resort when the price dropped.

Yep, just did this a few weeks back for AllStar Music.

Success! Finally showing on my chase account-CSR gone and CF (#2) on my account. Now to wait until Jan to PC the CSP. Also closed my Citi AA since redemptions have been hard to come by with my schedule AND I have the Barclaycard AAviator Red. Total savings by trimming the fat this am=$545.

Again, I realize the CSR is a great card for many but it just wasn't a good (ie $150 fee worth net) for me. Honestly I'd still recommend it for many :)

I'm in trim the fat mode regarding annual fees as well. A lot of these cards are great to get for the bonus, but if you don't travel enough routinely it doesn't make sense to hold longterm. I have $1600 worth of total annual fees right now. My goal is to slash that in half by the middle of 2018. I've identified an easy cut of $650 so far with no pain. Of course, I'll keep picking up new cards along the way and have to constantly evaluate. :)

You made me reasses my cards. We have just over 1k in AFs, 450 from CSR. I did recently cancel one card & PCd the CSP to CF. I do have a couple cards that have no AF this year but will next year. I'm sure I'll be getting rid of Marriott or SPG or both once they decide what's up with that program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter