I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i almost did this, but they said it changes your account number i think. Didnt want to ruin my autopays... lol
It didn't change my account number, but I've had my Disney debit for about 3 years. It may be different now? I still get a smile on my face every time I take my little red Mickey card out to use, which to be honest isn't that often since starting this hobby. I hardly ever use my debit card anymore, lol!

Just set up 3 scheduled $100 payments for Comcast with my Amex Everyday card. It would only let me schedule through September. Once I get the extra 3k MR points on the Amex Everyday, I plan to switch to my Amex Blue to get another 3k MR points. I will basically be prepaying 3.5 months of cable/internet in exchange for 6k MR. Seems worth it since it was money I would have spent anyways.

I can't take advantage of the phone offer though, since DH and I have a family plan with my parents. I send my dad a check for $60 each month to cover our portion. I could ask to pay the phone bill with my cards, but that just sounds like too much of a hassle to arrange with my dad. Would have been nice to get 12k MR, but oh well.

SPG question here...

anyone understand the 3x promo going on? i get 2x with Amex SPG, 3x with SPG, the 3x again?

SPG question here...

anyone understand the 3x promo going on? i get 2x with Amex SPG, 3x with SPG, the 3x again?

So here is what my last SPG stay looked like pointswise:

The Westin Crystal City
Stay +728

The Westin Crystal City
DOUBLE TAKE DOUBLE (DT7)
Bonus +728

The Westin Crystal City
GOLD GIFT: 250 STARPOINTS
Bonus +250

The Westin Crystal City
SPG ELITE 50% BONUS
Bonus +364

The Westin Crystal City
MAKE A GREEN CHOICE
Bonus +500

My base stay was 728 points. I got an additional 728 (2x) for the double take promotion. If I had stayed on a weekend, it would have been an additional 1456 (3x). I also got 250 points as my gold welcome gift, 364 points for my 50% gold status bonus and 500 points for declining housekeeping for two nights during my stay. I no longer have an SPG card, but if I had paid for the stay with such a card, then I would have gotten an additional 4x points (2912). So with everything, including paying with the credit card, you would get 5482 SPG points from this single 3 night stay.

The points earning benefit increases if you are platinum status with over 75 nights per year, you then get a 100% elite bonus rather than 50%, so that would add another 364 points to the total.

We did it! We flew from Florida on Friday night after work to San Francisco just to see Hamilton! It was awesome. Thanks to travel hacking for the tickets, the lounge access, first class flights and hotel! Got a complimentary massage at the Centurion lounge in Miami. Sitting in the AA lounge in San Francisco now, while waiting for our flight.

(Yes, I am sporting nail art with Hamilton characters. I love my nail tech! I know I'm a dork but don't care.)

IMG_3378.JPG

Question about the SW CP. My 120,000 SW points and CP should hit this week. I have an existing flight booked on SW that I want to add DD to as my companion . Before I do that I want to make sure ( with current policy of course), that I can change my companion to DH after this flight. Does changing companions mean a phone call?

Question about the SW CP. My 120,000 SW points and CP should hit this week. I have an existing flight booked on SW that I want to add DD to as my companion . Before I do that I want to make sure ( with current policy of course), that I can change my companion to DH after this flight. Does changing companions mean a phone call?[/QUOTE

Oops, correcting. Looks like you need to call.

Last edited:
My base stay was 728 points. I got an additional 728 (2x) for the double take promotion. If I had stayed on a weekend, it would have been an additional 1456 (3x). I also got 250 points as my gold welcome gift, 364 points for my 50% gold status bonus and 500 points for declining housekeeping for two nights during my stay. I no longer have an SPG card, but if I had paid for the stay with such a card, then I would have gotten an additional 4x points (2912). So with everything, including paying with the credit card, you would get 5482 SPG points from this single 3 night stay.

The points earning benefit increases if you are platinum status with over 75 nights per year, you then get a 100% elite bonus rather than 50%, so that would add another 364 points to the total.

cool thanks, that confirms what i was originally thinking. basically, it be 8x.
75 nights is insane for me. haha. i dont work travel so i guess it sounds insane.

cool thanks, that confirms what i was originally thinking. basically, it be 8x.
75 nights is insane for me. haha. i dont work travel so i guess it sounds insane.

I do travel for work. Generally about 15 times per year, with trips lasting anywhere from 1 to 4 nights. But I have never reached 75 nights, even with vacation travel thrown in. I probably average 35 nights for work per year. And honestly, that is enough. Some months I am traveling 3 out of 4 weeks, like last month. And it is horribly tiring.

Question about the SW CP. My 120,000 SW points and CP should hit this week. I have an existing flight booked on SW that I want to add DD to as my companion . Before I do that I want to make sure ( with current policy of course), that I can change my companion to DH after this flight. Does changing companions mean a phone call?
No, you can do it online.
My experience has been different. I was able to designate my first companion online. However, any change to my companion that I've made after that first designation required a (brief) phone call to SW.

I've been using my Amex Blue Cash Preferred to buy Disney Gift Cards at a 6% discount. I want to make sure I'm getting the best deal because we spend a LOT of money at Disney so even another 1% is significant! Between DH and myself we have the regular Disney Visa, CIP, CSR, CSP, SW Plus And Premier( we fly SW almost exclusively) as well as the Amex BCP. We are also BJ's members and have a Target Red Card (debit). Is using my Amex still my best option ??

The $100 payment to my Comcast account posted on my Amex this morning and the 1000 bonus MR points has already been applied. Getting 11x points on my cable bill is definitely nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter