• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devaluation coming to United. :\ The farther you fly, the more points u need to spend.

Ugh. So you earn miles based on how much you pay, not how far you fly; but when you redeem miles, you pay more points the farther you fly. Way to give your passengers the short end of the stick both ways, United.

I just remembered something- when I applied for my CSR I got that message as well. I called recon before the explanation letter came because 1) I have the patience of a 2 year old when it comes to CC approvals and 2) I suspected the problem was 5/24 because of an account I was an AU on so I figured I had a shot to change their minds. 3 calls later I got my CSR, it actually came in the mail before my denial letter.

Do you have an idea why you were denied? Are you comfortable talking to recon? If so call in now and find out what happened, if you've already been denied you don't really have anything to lose at this point.
I really have no idea. DH is 3/24 (last one 5/17/2017) He was AU on 3 cards I removed him from before the last card. He has CSR & CSP with fairly high limits. I DM'd to have them lower his limit on each card, was that a mistake?
Not sure if that's the reason. I'll try to convince DH to call again.

I really have no idea. DH is 3/24 (last one 5/17/2017) He was AU on 3 cards I removed him from before the last card. He has CSR & CSP with fairly high limits. I DM'd to have them lower his limit on each card, was that a mistake?
Are you sure they are no longer on your DH's credit report? My DH had 2 closed accounts that I had been an AU on but they were still counting despite being closed.

I just applied and was approved for the AMEX PRG Gold 50K MR bonus points. I found the link on DoC http://www.doctorofcredit.com/ameri...ewards-gold-50000-point-offer/#comment-430741 I opened the link in Chrome incognito mode. It took a couple tries but the offer finally came up.
The public offer is 25K so I'm pretty happy with this deal. This is my first foray into AMEX MR and I'm excited about all the options for transferring to airlines and hotel rewards. I'm maxed out on Chase, so figured I'd dip my toe into another pool of points to see how it works. Fun stuff!

Personally I'd try to employ the self-discipline to wait then, at least then you'll know what the problem is. (Nah, I don't think asking them to drop his limits is going to be a problem.)

Are you sure they are no longer on your DH's credit report? My DH had 2 closed accounts that I had been an AU on but they were still counting despite being closed.
Hmm. Maybe, but I contacted each bank to request he be removed. I pulled his report last month, which is how I found 3 (I had forgotten one).

Applied for the Delta Skymiles AMEX platinum card and got approved.

LIMITED TIME OFFER: EARN 70,000 BONUS MILES AND 10,000 MEDALLION® QUALIFICATION MILES (MQMS)
after you spend $4,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 4 months. In addition, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 4 months.

$195 annual fee.

Planning a trip to WDW IN January and likely to fly Delta and airfare not looking good, so this should help cover that flight. Also gets us priority boarding and first check bag free.

So I'm new at this and my sister who I've been trying to somewhat explain things to is even more new at this. But she did say how she cashed in some points, a couple of weeks ago, on her Chase Freedom card for some quick cash and wants to know if she would be able to reverse that. Anyone ever hear of this being done...

pretty sure once you spend your points that's it...but she can use them better going forward! Listen, I know a few things about this stuff...been doing it for a few years now..... one thing is you are always learning something new (hence my last few posts lol) -two,things are always changing,and fast,three, it's good to be inspired by others' stories about their travel for less success, but it's important to keep your own goals in your mind while working toward them. And yes, it happens to us all, we all have moments where we could have gotten more points/used them better/missed a bonus/paid a fee etc etc. It happens to us all. I am still finessing my organizing skills with all the cc's I have to juggle. (My latest idea is card pages,and my notebook list of all cc's for me and DH,when they were opened,AF dates, a running list of which ones get used so they rotate a little bit to avoid closure- I like having them all in their own little card slot so I can see what I have easily)

Is there a number I can call to get my card mailed quicker? The automated line says I'm approved but it may take 10 business days to receive it. It's the Chase Ink Business Preferred. :thanks:

So I'm new at this and my sister who I've been trying to somewhat explain things to is even more new at this. But she did say how she cashed in some points, a couple of weeks ago, on her Chase Freedom card for some quick cash and wants to know if she would be able to reverse that. Anyone ever hear of this being done...
No, never. She could call the number on the back of her card & ask Judy to make sure.

ROFL Autocorrect on my phone! that's supposed to read *just ask* but it was too funny to fix. Guess it's time to have a little discussion with Siri about who this Judy person is!

Is there a number I can call to get my card mailed quicker? The automated line says I'm approved but it may take 10 business days to receive it. It's the Chase Ink Business Preferred. :thanks:

This is the customer service number on the back of the CIP: 800-945-2028. Try here.

No, never. She could call the number on the back of her card & ask Judy to make sure.

ROFL Autocorrect on my phone! that's supposed to read *just ask* but it was too funny to fix. Guess it's time to have a little discussion with Siri about who this Judy person is!

From now on, I want to refer to customer service as Judy. :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter