I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the DD of WVMomof3 who has been active on this thread for many years. I thought I would let you guys know that she passes away unexpectedly last month. We made fun of her (affectionately) for her CC habit but I do want to thank you all for enabling her to live a life she loved.
I’m so sorry to hear this. Sending your family hugs. We will be praying for your family.

I am the DD of WVMomof3 who has been active on this thread for many years. I thought I would let you guys know that she passes away unexpectedly last month. We made fun of her (affectionately) for her CC habit but I do want to thank you all for enabling her to live a life she loved.
I'm so sorry to hear this! Like everyone has said, we felt like we knew your Mom without ever meeting her in person. She was so proud of her kids and always sounded like a really fun Mom. I loved that she supported all your adventures. Please take care of each other and know that she touched more people than she even realized.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know. Please accept my condolences. I have really enjoyed reading your mother's posts. She was always here to help others and also loved to share her travel experiences with the group which was much appreciated.

Wow, looks like I made the right decision yesterday by having DH apply for the Hilton Biz, the SUB changed today and dropped the FNC, still 130K points.
I was pushing my mom to get the free card if nothing else for the FNC. But she didn't. UGH. Oh well I guess. I'm happy I jumped on the free card this month. And I guess I managed to convince 2 friends to get the card as I have 40k in referral bonuses, LOL.

Found the $30 back on $100 at staples on my hilton biz. Lots of new offers but this is the only useful one for me. Will stop and grab a dis gc tomorrow.
Thank you! I had it on my delta gold biz. Also had the $8 back offer at Office Depot on a bunch of my Chase cards. Though I'm not sure the OD staff wants to see me anytime soon, LOL.

My condolences for your family’s loss. I had the pleasure of meeting your mom when she was at Clearwater Beach and we were at the same hotel. She was a lovely person. I remember our private messaging as she was trying to figure out how to celebrate the 5-0 and then she ended up at Disney. Her children were definitely her world and she was so proud of the 3 of you. She will be missed!

I am at a loss for words. Truly, I am heartbroken. Even though your mom and I haven’t chatted in a while, she was a constant beacon of reason and patience — especially rare nowadays and will sorely be missed. I want you to know that you kids were her pride and joy. She was always so happy sharing every one of you three’s achievements, even when things didn’t go according to plan. She also wanted her kids to get into the credit card game and see the world. Just know that you have a ready made extended family on these boards. My deepest condolences for your family’s loss. It’s a loss for all of us, as well.

Canceled a CIC yesterday. Applied this morning. Got the 7-10 day message. Checked my email 5 minutes later and was approved and I see it when I login. Will be here in plenty of time to pay q1 taxes! Next I need to cancel my sw biz card (once anniversary points post) so I can apply for another card 6/1.

I just tried to apply for the American Express Business Gold through a link on DOC. The link showed the 90k offer and said to log in to apply. After logging in it said the Offer was no longer available. I went incognito, tried a different search engine and got the offer to come up where it would let me just fill in the application. And then... the pop-up. I have only had 2 amex. One Hilton biz I had for 2 years and closed last year. And the marriott biz which is still open in it's 2nd year. I put regular small spend on it.
Anyway, how soon can I try again. I was thinking it could just be that offer wasn't available for me, but maybe I'd get the 70,000 offer that shows when I'm logged in?

ETA: Figured I’d just go for it and try the 70k offer through a dischurner link and I still got the pop-up. Such a bummer.

Last edited:
I was so shocked to read this. The first thing that popped into my head was how proud she was of her kids! After reading all of the messages, it was obvious that most of us felt that way. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. My kids love to make fun of me for my DIS habit and my CC habit! May you find comfort in all of the good memories.

Anyone else a victim of the Great Southwest Spring Break Meltdown that started yesterday and continues today? They cancelled my flight for this afternoon at 11:30 last night. After 4 hours on hold (3:30 am), I was able to get through only to have the computer crash while I was on the phone. Luckily I was able to stall a few minutes and it started working again. I was able to get a flight tomorrow night… that gets in at 2:00 am Mon.

I was so tired I forgot to ask them to add the early bird check in to the new flights. So I’m currently waiting again with another 120+ wait time. Woke up this morning and their computers crashed again and delayed all flights this morning. What. A. Mess.

Luckily, I used my CSR and so far I’m only out about $50 for the higher rental car price. They are blaming ATL traffic control for all the cancelled flights yesterday but other airlines flew.

Anyone else a victim of the Great Southwest Spring Break Meltdown that started yesterday and continues today? They cancelled my flight for this afternoon at 11:30 last night. After 4 hours on hold (3:30 am), I was able to get through only to have the computer crash while I was on the phone. Luckily I was able to stall a few minutes and it started working again. I was able to get a flight tomorrow night… that gets in at 2:00 am Mon.

I was so tired I forgot to ask them to add the early bird check in to the new flights. So I’m currently waiting again with another 120+ wait time. Woke up this morning and their computers crashed again and delayed all flights this morning. What. A. Mess.

Luckily, I used my CSR and so far I’m only out about $50 for the higher rental car price. They are blaming ATL traffic control for all the cancelled flights yesterday but other airlines flew.
How frustrating! The CSR will give you peace of mind. Keep all of your receipts. Good luck and safe travels.

This happened to us last April from RSW. Today's FL weather won't help the situation either. Lots of big storms forecasted.

How frustrating! The CSR will give you peace of mind. Keep all of your receipts. Good luck and safe travels.

This happened to us last April from RSW. Today's FL weather won't help the situation either. Lots of big storms forecasted.
Thanks, I’m worried this entire trip might not happen. Luckily, I am still at home, all my ressies are flexible and I don’t HAVE to be anywhere. I feel so bad for all the stranded families who stranded away from him and people who actually need to get to their destinations.

Thanks, I’m worried this entire trip might not happen. Luckily, I am still at home, all my ressies are flexible and I don’t HAVE to be anywhere. I feel so bad for all the stranded families who stranded away from him and people who actually need to get to their destinations.

Add in the Alaskan pilots on strike. The FL weather. The first of the month (which I'm learning as a pilot GF is just a ****show, LOL). I wonder how many of my friends get stuck in FL, miss flights, etc. I'm sad I didn't go anywhere for spring break...like really sad, but happy I am not going to be stuck in any messes getting back.

Good luck!

With Amex (thanks pop-up) off the table for me, any suggestions for a business MasterCard?

I have a tuition bill to pay and the system only allows for Amex, MC or discover - no visa.
I’m 4/24 and planning a new CIU soon, so I wanted to avoid chase and also not add to my 4/24.
Anything with cash back or hotel points?

Since I'm about to hit the Bank Bonus on my Amex account, trying to look for a new bonus to do. I have 1/2 my money in discover 1/2 my money between the 2 Amex accounts (Kabbage and the regular biz). I'm debating if it's worth moving the $12k I have with discover over to Amex since it's earning 1.1% vs .5%.

But also wondering if there are any other "easy" bonuses I could do for my "escrow" account. I did the Alliant one and just got that bonus (only $100, took a year to earn it, but it was the perfect offer for what I needed). I liked that the Alliant bonus didn't require a huge balance. It required monthly deposits which worked perfect since I was doing that. If not, I guess I'll keep the Alliant account. I like that my escrow money is 100% seperate and I can see exactly what I have in there. I have my bank account set to send $550 over the same day it pulls my mortgage out. And I think I finally "caught up" on the balance I needed. The whole reason I moved to my own escrow was because after my refi it was all messed up and they wanted me to play catch up while they of course sat on my money. Where as I got to make $106 in the account I used, LOL.

With Amex (thanks pop-up) off the table for me, any suggestions for a business MasterCard?

I have a tuition bill to pay and the system only allows for Amex, MC or discover - no visa.
I’m 4/24 and planning a new CIU soon, so I wanted to avoid chase and also not add to my 4/24.
Anything with cash back or hotel points?

Do you have a CIC? Could you grab the MCGC when they are fee free or do you need this ASAP?

The Barclay Biz AAviator? Though there was rumors some biz cards were being reported (though some say it was only the Wydham ones). AA Citi Biz? Those are the only biz MCs I have lol.

ETA: You could do the new IHG Biz, but i know that's Chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter