I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add in the Alaskan pilots on strike. The FL weather. The first of the month (which I'm learning as a pilot GF is just a ****show, LOL). I wonder how many of my friends get stuck in FL, miss flights, etc. I'm sad I didn't go anywhere for spring break...like really sad, but happy I am not going to be stuck in any messes getting back.

Good luck!
Oh wow, I had not heard about Alaskan. As a former flight attendant, I know $&#@ happens, but this week might turn out to literally be one of the worst passenger experiences in years. The amount of people traveling this spring break after the pent up demand combined with the shortage of flight crews, plus throw in the crazy weather, it is just a recipe for disaster.

Finally got through to SW, and I was only on hold about 1.5 hrs this time! They couldn't add the EBCI for tomorrow because it is less than 36 hrs, but they did refund it and add it to our return flight. I was extra nice to the agent because I know it is not her fault, and I am sure she is in for a bad few days at work. Now I am off to request my compensation.

ETA: the agent I just spoke with said the brief overnight computer outage that I experienced during my first call in the middle of the night was a scheduled upgrade. Then apparently that caused a system wide crash early this morning, a couple hours after it came back on line. Way to go SW, let's plan a system upgrade during literally the busiest travel week in the past 2 years. I get some things are out of their control, but that was just terrible planning on behalf of their IT and it going to cost them millions.

Last edited:
Since I'm about to hit the Bank Bonus on my Amex account, trying to look for a new bonus to do. I have 1/2 my money in discover 1/2 my money between the 2 Amex accounts (Kabbage and the regular biz). I'm debating if it's worth moving the $12k I have with discover over to Amex since it's earning 1.1% vs .5%.

But also wondering if there are any other "easy" bonuses I could do for my "escrow" account. I did the Alliant one and just got that bonus (only $100, took a year to earn it, but it was the perfect offer for what I needed). I liked that the Alliant bonus didn't require a huge balance. It required monthly deposits which worked perfect since I was doing that. If not, I guess I'll keep the Alliant account. I like that my escrow money is 100% seperate and I can see exactly what I have in there. I have my bank account set to send $550 over the same day it pulls my mortgage out. And I think I finally "caught up" on the balance I needed. The whole reason I moved to my own escrow was because after my refi it was all messed up and they wanted me to play catch up while they of course sat on my money. Where as I got to make $106 in the account I used, LOL.
Not sure exactly what kind of acct you are looking for, but U.S. Bank had a good checking bonus a couple of weeks ago. It was $500 for regular checking and might have been more for investment type accts. And... you can fund a new acct with a cc if you are working on a SUB.

Do you have a CIC? Could you grab the MCGC when they are fee free or do you need this ASAP?

The Barclay Biz AAviator? Though there was rumors some biz cards were being reported (though some say it was only the Wydham ones). AA Citi Biz? Those are the only biz MCs I have lol.

ETA: You could do the new IHG Biz, but i know that's Chase.
I do have a CIC and did the MCGCs last year for a good chunk of the tuition. I was really hoping for a good SUB this time.
12k is due in June.
Thanks for the other suggestions. I’ll look into those.

Last edited:
Not sure exactly what kind of acct you are looking for, but U.S. Bank had a good checking bonus a couple of weeks ago. It was $500 for regular checking and might have been more for investment type accts. And... you can fund a new acct with a cc if you are working on a SUB.

Looks like any US Bank offers expired 3/28. I did see one for Affinity CU that looks like it could possibly work. Looks like you can trigger the DD req w/ transfers from Alliant (which is my current "escrow" acct). It takes CC funding too. Now I'll admit I've never CC funded. Is this mostly for SUB usage? I have a MSR coming w/ the IHG Biz, but the card obv isn't listed as working. How do I check and see if it would work? Chase is listed for CSP, CIU and there are DPs of it working on the CFF. Otherwise someone said it worked w/ the BOA Cash Rewards and that it coded as "online" which gets me 3% back. So I guess it could be worth it to try that card and earn $30 if nothing else, LOL.

With Amex (thanks pop-up) off the table for me, any suggestions for a business MasterCard?

I have a tuition bill to pay and the system only allows for Amex, MC or discover - no visa.
I’m 4/24 and planning a new CIU soon, so I wanted to avoid chase and also not add to my 4/24.
Anything with cash back or hotel points?

Chase IHG biz is a Mastercard.

Just activated the Disney 5% on gas, etc for my card and will be in Disney soon. Was wondering if anyone had experience getting the 5% back from resort charges? Figure if I have anything that needs to be paid after I run through my Disney GCs...this might be an easy way to get 5% when I'm on vacation. I can use the Disney dollars towards my DVC dues at the end of the year.

Just activated the Disney 5% on gas, etc for my card and will be in Disney soon. Was wondering if anyone had experience getting the 5% back from resort charges? Figure if I have anything that needs to be paid after I run through my Disney GCs...this might be an easy way to get 5% when I'm on vacation. I can use the Disney dollars towards my DVC dues at the end of the year.
The last time we stayed on cash was 2019 and all our resort charges counted as Disney-location transactions, thus we got 2% back in dream dollars. Hopefully that's still the same, I think it wouldn't make sense otherwise but 🤷‍♂️

These are my cards in the last 24 months:

03/20 Capital One Venture - closed after a year
08/20 Chase Freedom Unlimited
11/20 Amex - Marriot Bonvoy Biz
01/21 Chase Ink Cash
01/21 Chase Freedom Flex
09/21 Chase Ink Unlimited (CIU)
11/21 Chase Southwest Premier
11/21 Chase Southwest Plus

I was hoping to give Chase a little break, but Amex has foiled my plans. I could maybe go for the CIP or CIC now and use it to buy MCGC (as @LilSweetPeaPhoto suggested). Anyone know the highest amount you can buy and what the fee on it is? Or do you all think I should take more of a break from Chase?

I might look at personal cards too. If there's anything good out there that's a MasterCard or Discover? It'll put me at 5/24, but one will be dropping off in August.

I hate that Amex pop-up!!!

01/21 Chase Ink Cash
01/21 Chase Freedom Flex

I was hoping to give Chase a little break, but Amex has foiled my plans. I could maybe go for the CIP or CIC now and use it to buy MCGC (as @LilSweetPeaPhoto suggested). Anyone know the highest amount you can buy and what the fee on it is? Or do you all think I should take more of a break from Chase?

I might look at personal cards too. If there's anything good out there that's a MasterCard or Discover? It'll put me at 5/24, but one will be dropping off in August.

Maybe a different AMEX card? Sometimes the pop up seems card specific.
Blue Biz cash or Delta or Hilton Biz?

Quick question - is there a way to get the 90k offer on an Amex Gold Biz card through a link? (yes, I'm being greedy, but want to get both the 90k and the link points I can get by using my Gold with the +5 dining). We can find either 70k with my link, or have a pre-approved offer for 90k.

Anyone know a trick? Have tried multiple browsers and incognito windows (and 3 devices) so far. Maybe it's not possible?

Quick question - is there a way to get the 90k offer on an Amex Gold Biz card through a link? (yes, I'm being greedy, but want to get both the 90k and the link points I can get by using my Gold with the +5 dining). We can find either 70k with my link, or have a pre-approved offer for 90k.

Anyone know a trick? Have tried multiple browsers and incognito windows (and 3 devices) so far. Maybe it's not possible?

When P2 applied a few weeks ago, the best we could manage with the support link (and incognito) was an 85k offer. I had a 20k support at that time, so was happy to accept the 105k total.

Without using incognito, we could only pull 70k using the support link.

Edit: I just tried a few different things using my current support link, and I am also only seeing the 70k offer. :(

Last edited:
As my spring break is coming to an end, I feel bad the kids didn't get to go anywhere. So I told my 17yo I'd look and see about possibly working a "long weekend" into our plans between now and the end of the school year. DS likely doesn't remember anything about Disney, considering DD barely does, LOL. The cost of park tickets is killing me, LOL. I swear last time we went we got a room, tickets and dining for not much more than the tickets alone cost.

Is snagging gift cards cheap really the only way to cut that cost? I'm looking at $2550 for park tickets with Genie Plus (via AAA), car rental (which is more than the flights), flights (I'd try to non-rev home, lol) and parking at disney. I'd use my Marriott FNCs for the hotel. I'm just trying to stomach $2550 (before meals, etc). I guess in this day and age that is cheap for 4 days at Disney and 5 nights in FL.

Very odd!

Applied for CIU - got a message saying they needed to review. Simultaneously, got an email... saying congratulations! LOL

It already shows up on my account. Immediately called Chase and got it expedited. They scared me for a second!

I got that when I applied for the IHG biz. Like wth Chase, LOL.

01/21 Chase Ink Cash
01/21 Chase Freedom Flex

I got the amex pop up for a good year+. I know your pain! I was sooo happy when I got the free Hilton card this month it was gone!

As my spring break is coming to an end, I feel bad the kids didn't get to go anywhere. So I told my 17yo I'd look and see about possibly working a "long weekend" into our plans between now and the end of the school year. DS likely doesn't remember anything about Disney, considering DD barely does, LOL. The cost of park tickets is killing me, LOL. I swear last time we went we got a room, tickets and dining for not much more than the tickets alone cost.

Is snagging gift cards cheap really the only way to cut that cost? I'm looking at $2550 for park tickets with Genie Plus (via AAA), car rental (which is more than the flights), flights (I'd try to non-rev home, lol) and parking at disney. I'd use my Marriott FNCs for the hotel. I'm just trying to stomach $2550 (before meals, etc). I guess in this day and age that is cheap for 4 days at Disney and 5 nights in FL.
How many park days? I’d skip the rental
car and parking and stay at Swolphin
or value resorts if possible. Undercover tourist for tix (usually less than AAA when I compare) or get a card with Thank You points if you want free WDW tix.

I would save by cutting out the rental car, which also eliminates the parking fee and gas cost as well. I went without a rental car for the first time last fall when I went to Universal, and thought I would miss it. I didn't at all. I used a car service that included a stop at Walmart/Publix, so I pre-ordered some snacks and soda for pick up. It worked out great.

Since you mentioned United... you need a United card
https://www.united.com/en-us/cardmember-award-exclusive
For 3 days only (March 31- April 2, 2022), take advantage of our exclusive Cardmember discount with flights starting in May at 45,000 miles roundtrip (plus taxes and fees starting at $49.37) to 10 of our exciting European destinations.* Beat the summer crowds and book your European getaway today for travel between May 1- June 2, 2022.

Be sure to sign in using your MileagePlus® account number to take advantage of this sale.
Thank you so much for sharing this! I decided to change our itinerary and do RT to Frankfurt, Germany for my sister who will be flying out of IAD (Dulles) and saved 15,000 United miles. I decided to keep my flight 2 one ways (30,000 miles each way) from Houston (connecting in Dulles outbound) since I may want to stay longer in Germany. Can't believe I'm leaving in 1 month! We are going to Salzburg for the sound of music tour, then to Bavaria to see the Passion Play in Oberammwergau. No other set plans but enjoying the grandbaby and visiting with DD and SIL. They are going to Salzburg and Bavaria with us.

DH got a CSP in March 2019 and closed it a year later. He currently has an offer on his chase account with a green star, saying he's "pre-approved" for a CSP with a 60,000 SUB. Could he actually get a new CSP even though it's only been 3 years since having one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter