I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be the week - I got the call yesterday my son's teacher was positive so he's home with me for 3 days. We've both tested negative on rapid and PCR so hopefully it's just a minor inconvenience. My husband is in Puerto Rico for work this week and I also was looking forward to a quiet, empty house during the day :)
Just found out today that DS's soccer teammate is quarantined, which in our district means not vaxed. Kids older brother is positive. DS played 4 games with the kid last weekend and they have classes together so I'm hoping he's not +.

We have the Best Western Plus Anaheim booked for next June. 🤞🏼Since I've rebooked this so many times I lost track. I booked the Fairfield 3 times but got tired of chasing their free night availablity as it seems they release points availablity after Marriott generally does.
I actually prefer the BW Anaheim Inn's breakfast to the BWPPI (although I haven't been back post-covid, of course). I like their offerings and breakfast room and you can go out to the patio and watch Harbor Blvd wake up :)

I am perfectly fine with a motel feel if I can walk to the park.

I decided on a quick weekend trip for DHs bday in October (he doesn't know and I'm not sure I'll keep it, but booked). Using my Hyatt FNC.
Anyone stay at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach or Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego?

I've read good things about the Manchester over on the Flyertalk Hyatt board. Seems to be a popular use of FNC. Would love to hear about it if you go. :)

Starting to think about next summer vacation. It will be my 40th, was originally hoping to go to Japan, but think I’d prefer to hold off on international travel for another year or two.

so now I’m thinking- fly to Phoenix, drive to Grand Canyon, then drive rt 66 to Joshua tree and finish wwith a few days at Disneyland.

looks like i can use my 35k Marriott fnc in twenty nine palms right outside of Joshua tree.

for Disneyland- splurge for the Disneyland hotel or stay off sight? We’d be there on my actual 40th b day.

and this is all mid august.

I would splurge for the Disneyland hotel, personally. We’ve done both, and offsite feels like staying in a motel and DL hotel feels like a resort. It’s your birthday!!!

Hello, looking for advice on a cc.
Family of 3, We just became APs and plan to travel to WDW much more frequently. Mostly weekend trips maybe once a month. We live in Philadelphia and usually always fly American but occasionally Southwest. We would fly SW much more if they offered more non stop flights and if the prices did not sky rocket this past year from PHL.
We currently have had a Disney visa that we have had for almost 10 years. We love the card but would like something they would earn us some flights. We honestly don't even know where to start when looking for the best type of cc for travel. Any insight would be appreciated.

We don't have perfect credit but its pretty good. prefer something that doesn't have a super high Annual fee

Apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP). It’s at an all time high. You’ll receive Chase UR points which are very versatile and worth $1250 for an annual fee of $95. If you have a second player, (P2), after you get your card, you can send them a support link and they can get the same great sign up bonus.

But if you just want to be close, the Fairfield Inn can be booked with a 35k Bonvoy FNC if it's not peak season. We've stayed there twice. It's not fancy, but clean and comfortable enough. Have also stayed at Best Western Plus Park Place Inn, booked with UR. That's even closer, right at the light to cross Harbor. It's a bit motel-y for me though, so I prefer the Fairfield.

Funny because I also think the Fairfield feels too motel-y and not clean.

I have a question on Chase UR's that I'm hoping someone here might know an answer to. I'm looking at booking a hotel for a stay a few months from now using Chase UR points. The hotel I'm wanting to stay at (Opal Sands in Clearwater), is showing sold out in the UR portal, but has plenty of rooms available on their site. Is the only way to use the UR points for that stay to just do cash back at 1:1 points? I don't guess calling Chase directly to try and book it would help would it?

I have a question on Chase UR's that I'm hoping someone here might know an answer to. I'm looking at booking a hotel for a stay a few months from now using Chase UR points. The hotel I'm wanting to stay at (Opal Sands in Clearwater), is showing sold out in the UR portal, but has plenty of rooms available on their site. Is the only way to use the UR points for that stay to just do cash back at 1:1 points? I don't guess calling Chase directly to try and book it would help would it?

You can Pay Yourself Back at the same rate as the travel portal. For the CSP (1.25 cent per point) and CSR (1.5), current categories are dining, grocery stores, and home improvement stores. This is through 9/30, we don't know what the categories will be after that yet. So not quite cash back, but pretty close and a better rate if you go buy gift cards at a grocery or home improvement store. Or maybe you already have that type of spend charged to your card.

The Chase travel portal runs off of Expedia. It'll have everything that Expedia has, with the exception of Disney and some vacation rentals. I don't think calling would help.

You can Pay Yourself Back at the same rate as the travel portal. For the CSP (1.25 cent per point) and CSR (1.5), current categories are dining, grocery stores, and home improvement stores. This is through 9/30, we don't know what the categories will be after that yet. So not quite cash back, but pretty close and a better rate if you go buy gift cards at a grocery or home improvement store. Or maybe you already have that type of spend charged to your card.

The Chase travel portal runs off of Expedia. It'll have everything that Expedia has, with the exception of Disney and some vacation rentals. I don't think calling would help.

I hadn't thought of getting cards at a grocery store. I'll have to see if I can use multiple visa cards to make the reservation, but that could work. I'm not seeing a reference in the portal, but is there a maximum redeemable amount per month or purchase? I have a CSR if that matters.

The hotel is showing up with rooms on Expedia, but showing sold out on the UR portal. Not sure what the difference is.

I hadn't thought of getting cards at a grocery store. I'll have to see if I can use multiple visa cards to make the reservation, but that could work. I'm not seeing a reference in the portal, but is there a maximum redeemable amount per month or purchase? I have a CSR if that matters.

The hotel is showing up with rooms on Expedia, but showing sold out on the UR portal. Not sure what the difference is.

There's no limit on how much you can Pay Yourself Back (other than the amount of points you have 🙂). It needs to be a purchase made in the last 90 days.

Interesting the hotel shows as available on Expedia. Yet doesn't fit the 2 exceptions I know about. I don't know why that would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter