I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to plan out my SW CP strategy. I was thinking I'd go for the 2 business cards, but I just got a CIU approved on 9/6/2021. So is the current thinking that I need to wait until December to apply for another biz card? Then do I need to wait 3 more months to apply for the 2nd biz card?

I'm starting to plan out my SW CP strategy. I was thinking I'd go for the 2 business cards, but I just got a CIU approved on 9/6/2021. So is the current thinking that I need to wait until December to apply for another biz card? Then do I need to wait 3 more months to apply for the 2nd biz card?

As a general rule, it's a good idea to wait 2-3 months between Chase cards. Chase has a 1/30 rule for business cards, so you would have to wait at least one month.

So... while waiting til November or so to start trying out for SW CP through 2 business cards (thanks to all the folks who answered my questions regarding that!), I'd like another card in the meantime to use for some landscaping expenses we have coming up and earn some travel reward SUB. It will be upwards 5K, maybe 8K.

These are my cards:
Got these many years ago: BoA Cash rewards, Chase Amazon, Chase Disney.
Also AU on DH's SW Priority and Amex Blue Cash Everyday (I know, I know. Never again AU!)
6/21: CSP & CSR

P2:
Forever ago: Capital One Quicksilver, Amex Blue Cash Everyday (downgraded from something else)
3/19 Chase SW Priority
11/20 Chase Freedom Flex
6/19: CSP & CSR

We've gotten offers for 125K pts with Amex Platinum. I know the AF is pretty high now, but maybe it's worth it? Any recommendations?

Starting to think about next summer vacation. It will be my 40th, was originally hoping to go to Japan, but think I’d prefer to hold off on international travel for another year or two.

so now I’m thinking- fly to Phoenix, drive to Grand Canyon, then drive rt 66 to Joshua tree and finish wwith a few days at Disneyland.

looks like i can use my 35k Marriott fnc in twenty nine palms right outside of Joshua tree.

for Disneyland- splurge for the Disneyland hotel or stay off sight? We’d be there on my actual 40th b day.

and this is all mid august.

So... while waiting til November or so to start trying out for SW CP through 2 business cards (thanks to all the folks who answered my questions regarding that!), I'd like another card in the meantime to use for some landscaping expenses we have coming up and earn some travel reward SUB. It will be upwards 5K, maybe 8K.

These are my cards:
Got these many years ago: BoA Cash rewards, Chase Amazon, Chase Disney.
Also AU on DH's SW Priority and Amex Blue Cash Everyday (I know, I know. Never again AU!)
6/21: CSP & CSR

P2:
Forever ago: Capital One Quicksilver, Amex Blue Cash Everyday (downgraded from something else)
3/19 Chase SW Priority
11/20 Chase Freedom Flex
6/19: CSP & CSR

We've gotten offers for 125K pts with Amex Platinum. I know the AF is pretty high now, but maybe it's worth it? Any recommendations?
The 125K Amex offer is a great offer, but you'd want to make sure that your landscaping merchants accept Amex to help reach that SUB. You could use the $200 airline credits to "fill-in" for the months that you're without a SW CP in early 2022; the <$100 cash fare reimbursement is still working for now according to dps on Flyertalk. Hopefully you could use the $200 Uber/UberEats credits but I know that's entirely dependent on where you live. I'm finding the $20 monthly digital entertainment credit pretty meh, but if you like Audible, Sirius XM, The NY Times, or Peacock then that's worth up to $240. And then also the $200 hotel credit for FHR or The Hotel Collection bookings. And the semiannual Saks $50 credit. I don't consider the Equinox or Clear credit to be of any use to me but maybe it would be for you. So it's possible to make up the $695 AF by using the various credits, and there are better Amex offers on the Plat compared to the Amex Blue Cash Everyday.

Starting to think about next summer vacation. It will be my 40th, was originally hoping to go to Japan, but think I’d prefer to hold off on international travel for another year or two.

so now I’m thinking- fly to Phoenix, drive to Grand Canyon, then drive rt 66 to Joshua tree and finish wwith a few days at Disneyland.

looks like i can use my 35k Marriott fnc in twenty nine palms right outside of Joshua tree.

for Disneyland- splurge for the Disneyland hotel or stay off sight? We’d be there on my actual 40th b day.

Fairfield inn and suites in 29 palms?? We stayed there when we visited Joshua Tree. I would call it a normal Fairfield. Good location for Joshua Tree.

August will be hot in Joshua Tree 90-100 degrees.

Anyone here able to help me with Rome/Italy itinerary? I am doing an 8-day group tour then I'm staying an extra 3 nights afterward. Originally thinking just exploring Rome but now I'm thinking of going to the Amalfi coast. This would be Oct 24 (getting back into Rome in the afternoon) then leaving on the 27 at 10 am. Do you think this is too short a time to go down to Amalfi? Thanks in advance!

Fairfield inn and suites in 29 palms?? We stayed there when we visited Joshua Tree. I would call it a normal Fairfield. Good location for Joshua Tree.

August will be hot in Joshua Tree 90-100 degrees.
Yeah we know it will be hot. Unfortunately between my husbands academic schedule as a college professor and our public school schedule, august is the best time for family trips.

Luckily ( or not depending on your opinion) my kids wake up stupidly early and this will be exacerbated on the west coast (we live in PA). So we’ll be plan to be up and about early and head back to the hotel by 10 or so for pool and a rest. helps with the heat and crowds too.

Was approved instantly for the CSP this morning! First instant approval from Chase ever. Fingers crossed for the MDD tomorrow. Does the CSR need approved within 24 hours or calendar day?

Congrats on instant approval!

Just calendar day. Generally recommended to apply earlier in the day, if you can, to give a chance to wait for auto approval (just in case you don't get another instant approval). If after a few hours it's not approved, then you can try reconsideration to try to push it through. If it doesn't get approved same day it's 99.8% not going to be approved.

Anyone here able to help me with Rome/Italy itinerary? I am doing an 8-day group tour then I'm staying an extra 3 nights afterward. Originally thinking just exploring Rome but now I'm thinking of going to the Amalfi coast. This would be Oct 24 (getting back into Rome in the afternoon) then leaving on the 27 at 10 am. Do you think this is too short a time to go down to Amalfi? Thanks in advance!
We did a (long, 13 hour) day trip down to the Amalfi coast from Rome (Walks of Italy Boat-hopping on the Amalfi Coast), and it was fun (except for my stolen iPhone fiasco!) but I would have loved to spend more time there. What would you miss in Rome that's not part of your 8-day group tour?

We did a (long, 13 hour) day trip down to the Amalfi coast from Rome (Walks of Italy Boat-hopping on the Amalfi Coast), and it was fun (except for my stolen iPhone fiasco!) but I would have loved to spend more time there. What would you miss in Rome that's not part of your 8-day group tour?
Yeah, we had a carryon luggage stolen off the express train from Venice to Rome. US cash, work computer, Murano glass, cell phone charger, and clothes. Police don't speak English, so not much help.

DP on the Amex Biz Gold:
Instant approval applying as Sole Prop. for rental property.
More than 20 years in biz, 2 employees, $40k annual income on biz, $4k expected monthly spend (note it didn't bother them that my expected spend was larger than expected income ... I had the feeling they were getting a feel for how much money might go thru the card).

All my cards lately have been Amex:
08/20 Amex Gold
11/20 Amex Plat
06/21 Amex CS Plat

The 8 day tour isn't of Rome. It's of Umbria region and LeMarche. I'm wondering if I'm spreading myself too thin trying to stay in Amalfi.

Congrats on instant approval!

Just calendar day. Generally recommended to apply earlier in the day, if you can, to give a chance to wait for auto approval (just in case you don't get another instant approval). If after a few hours it's not approved, then you can try reconsideration to try to push it through. If it doesn't get approved same day it's 99.8% not going to be approved.
Thank you. This is my first attempt at an MDD, so I’m trying to make sure all my i’s are dotted and t’s are crossed.

The 8 day tour isn't of Rome. It's of Umbria region and LeMarche. I'm wondering if I'm spreading myself too thin trying to stay in Amalfi.
Oooh if you’re not getting Rome at all, I think you should pick that over Amalfi.

It’s a tough one - Amalfi and the surrounding region is so beautiful, but Rome would be a total contrast to what you’re getting on your tour…

Have you been to Rome (or Italy) before?

Do you like natural beauty or history/art more?

I’m at the Grand Canyon now! If you can get in the EL Tovar lodge, it’s pretty cool. Right on the South rim! It’s 80 today up too…100 down in the canyon.

Oooh if you’re not getting Rome at all, I think you should pick that over Amalfi.

It’s a tough one - Amalfi and the surrounding region is so beautiful, but Rome would be a total contrast to what you’re getting on your tour…

Have you been to Rome (or Italy) before?

Do you like natural beauty or history/art more?

I've never been to Rome before I was going to explore a little bit when I get there the day before the tour. I generally like nature beauty before history/ art more.

The more I think about this, it's probably better to just stay in Rome those basically 2 full days because I might be tired from the 8 days of touring before hand.

The 125K Amex offer is a great offer, but you'd want to make sure that your landscaping merchants accept Amex to help reach that SUB. You could use the $200 airline credits to "fill-in" for the months that you're without a SW CP in early 2022; the <$100 cash fare reimbursement is still working for now according to dps on Flyertalk. Hopefully you could use the $200 Uber/UberEats credits but I know that's entirely dependent on where you live. I'm finding the $20 monthly digital entertainment credit pretty meh, but if you like Audible, Sirius XM, The NY Times, or Peacock then that's worth up to $240. And then also the $200 hotel credit for FHR or The Hotel Collection bookings. And the semiannual Saks $50 credit. I don't consider the Equinox or Clear credit to be of any use to me but maybe it would be for you. So it's possible to make up the $695 AF by using the various credits, and there are better Amex offers on the Plat compared to the Amex Blue Cash Everyday.
Instant approval, yay! How nice that Amex lets you see the credit card numbers digitally so you can start using the card.

Yeah, we had a carryon luggage stolen off the express train from Venice to Rome. US cash, work computer, Murano glass, cell phone charger, and clothes. Police don't speak English, so not much help.
Oh that's awful, I'm sorry that happened to you. Yeah, the whole language thing is a huge barrier when something like that happens, we encountered that too. My phone was taken off me on the train from Salerno to Rome. I was extremely lucky that I got my phone back (after the police were of no help) by DH using the Find iPhone app and pinging it over and over. We eventually found it next to a trash can a few blocks from the train station (thankfully not inside the trash can) with 2% battery left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter