I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I book flights with URs directly through the Chase portal, and then have to cancel (assuming the terms allow refund), is the refund given as UR credits?
I have never booked flights with URs, since we fly SW and use our RR points to book flights.
But any hotels we have booked with URs and had to cancel…the URs were refunded to my account…I make sure to book only fully refundable hotels

I had a Starbucks offer on my aspire that expires 12/31 and had added it. I just saw one on my Hilton biz for the same 15% but expires 11/4 and was able to add it.

Am I correct in thinking that since it let me add both and they have different expiration dates I can use both?

Yes.

If I book flights with URs directly through the Chase portal, and then have to cancel (assuming the terms allow refund), is the refund given as UR credits?

If you book a fully refundable fare, yes you'd get a refund as UR. Most airlines charge a lot more for fully refundable flights. An exception I've seen lately is United, which has been charging $50 more from regular economy on the routes I've looked at. I've heard Chase can be a pain to deal with when you need to cancel. But it might be in cases where the airline changes or cancels your flight and you're entitled to a refund. I would hope a fully refundable fare would be automated and easy (but I haven't tried it).

Last edited:
Hey there! I was just reading this and the last line about UR can be transferred to SW for double value caught my attention. I just got the Chase Sapphire card and have the 100,000 bonus UR. I also have a SW RR account and would love to know how I transfer UR to RR for double value? Thank you!

Welcome! The poster you quoted had referenced getting the companion pass. Companion pass gives a 2 for 1 flight. Regardless of whether it's cash or points or where the points came from.

As far as I can figure the prior poster was alluding to the fact that if you already have a companion pass and transfer UR's for the primary flight, because of the companion pass you are getting double value.

Unless something has changed, UR's transfer 1 to 1 ratio. What you do with them to get more value would depend on already having a pass.

But, most agree, transferring UR's to Southwest is usually a great move as there are a lot of ways to earn UR's at as high as 5UR per $1 spent.

Clear is only at big airports. Here's a good article:
https://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/tsa-precheck-vs-clear-which-is-best/Basically Clear will move you to the front of the Precheck line. Nice to have but no way would I pay for it unless I traveled weekly out of a major airport.

And GE is for international travel (although if you get GE is works as your known traveler number for Precheck so you don't need GE + Precheck but Clear + Precheck or Clear + GE are good).
so you need to have clear and precheck also?

Does anyone know any Grocery or Home improvement stores that have $500 Visa cards. Was just at Lowes and they only go up to $200. Figured I would get some before the end if the month eith PYB if available

I decided on a quick weekend trip for DHs bday in October (he doesn't know and I'm not sure I'll keep it, but booked). Using my Hyatt FNC.
Anyone stay at Hyatt Regency Newport Beach or Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego?
We stayed at Manchester San Diego last week and were veyr happy with the rooms, cleanliness, friendly staff, everything! Will stay there again next time in San Diego

I would splurge for the Disneyland hotel, personally. We’ve done both, and offsite feels like staying in a motel and DL hotel feels like a resort. It’s your birthday!!!
Were there three nights last week during our So Cal trip and loved it. They even gave us a a view upgrade (had booked standard, got pool view and high floor in Adventure tower). But it is pricey compared to what else is around and close to the parks. For me as a big Disney resorts nerd, had to stay at the OG!

For FHR, I think the hotel is supposed to give you a letter outlining the benefits. If they don't, I would ask, in case there are any restrictions on how you can use the credit.

You have to call for the CSR retention.
Thank you.

DP: CSR AF posted on 9/1, called today and no retention offer. They offered to close or downgrade to a CFU. I told them I would think about it. I did not get a retention offer last year (didn't ask) and I've had the card since 2016.

No... in MN. We have Cub, Hyvee, Super Target/Super Walmart not much else.
For Home Improvement we have Lowes/Home Depot
This doesn't have anything to do with this part of the discussion, but you don't have Menards?? I LOVE Menards!!

Ok back to points...for some reason I decided to login to my Bonvoy account this afternoon, and at the point saw I had a 60k reservation booked at the Dolphin that I had not cancelled, for 10/16! Oh my, almost burned 60k on nothing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter