I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were supposed to go to our remy preview tomorrow at Epcot but I think we might stay home. I’ve been reading reports of the wait times being up to 50 minutes to ride the ride and there’s no way Ds will wait that long. I’m confused why it’s such a long wait for the preview. Our spot isn’t until 4 pm so the crepes won’t be available either. Seems like a waste of our time to drive over

Well, you were also just there so it's less of an enticement to go back so soon.

A friend is going today around this hour - 11am to 12noon.

I've been paying so little attention! I'll have to go on you tube and look for a video. I like the videos so that I can avoid things that I shouldn't do.

Okay, I can do it. Will I wait longer than 20-30 minutes? Or pay??? hahahahaha

Last edited:
not strictly CC related, but I am thinking of buying a new car. I know some of you have been able to put a few thousand on a credit card (seems to be highly dealership-dependent)... for those who've been successful, do you just ask at signing if you can do that?

And,

Has anyone bought a new car recently? Is this a terrible time (low supply) to do so, do you think? It's not critical to have a new one right now. I just paid off both motorcycles so gosh, I feel like I need another vehicle payment...
I bought a car in 2018 and the dealership told me they allow $4k on a credit card so that's what I did for my down payment.

WWYD?

I have $2700 in taxes to pay. I am working on a MSR for the new IHG card I have. I've got about $1500 more to spend by 11/14. In other words, I will EASILY meet this spend. The fee to use a card is $74.

Does it make sense to use the IHG card and hit the spend? I'm sitting at 4/24. I am thinking of maybe trying the MDD next. I just got the IHG card in August, so I'm waiting a few till I apply for the CSR/CSP. Just adding this, as I don't have any other cards I'm looking at very soon. Hopefully I can had a MDD MSR to work on when I have to pay my winter taxes, LOL.

I have the CIU which gets the 1.5x. I'm thinking that doesn't make sense, as the points I get, don't offset the fee I have to pay.

Does it only make sense to use a CC when you're meeting a MSR? They charge for using a debit as well, so doing something like using VGC won't help me avoid the fees.

I have a little different approach than some. I am self-employed and pay all of my federal income taxes via credit card. Certainly helps on MSR, but will do it without one as well. I look at it that discounted travel points are better than no travel points. Do the same with Plastiq for car loan payments. It’s not free, but helps boost my points balance. I don’t need it to be free to enjoy this game.

We were supposed to go to our remy preview tomorrow at Epcot but I think we might stay home. I’ve been reading reports of the wait times being up to 50 minutes to ride the ride and there’s no way Ds will wait that long. I’m confused why it’s such a long wait for the preview. Our spot isn’t until 4 pm so the crepes won’t be available either. Seems like a waste of our time to drive over

Remy at Disneyland Paris is such a magical ride. We still talk about it. I wonder if the queue will be anything like M&M Runaway Railway, in that you can sort of rejoin your group? Or, Since it's a whole new queue and area, perhaps that will keep DS busy?

Looking for SW advice here, so tagging some experts, including @SouthFayetteFan. My CP is expiring at the end of the year, and it's DH's turn to earn it. My strategy will be to app for the cards in late 2021, but of course not meet MSR until statement closing in 2022. Any issues with velocity here, if I plan for these apps on 10/7 and 12/15? I have typically done 2 personal or 1 personal/1 biz in the past, so 2 biz is new to me:

ChaseMarriott Bonvoy BoundlessPersonal
10/28/2020​
AmexPlatinumPersonal
12/6/2020​
AmexBiz PlatinumBusiness
3/7/2021​
ChaseInk PreferredBusiness
3/10/2021​
ChaseSapphire PreferredPersonal
6/10/2021​
AmexHilton Honors AspirePersonal
9/5/2021​
ChaseSouthwest Performance BizBusiness
10/7/2021​
ChaseSouthwest Premier BizBusiness
12/15/2021​

Anyone know the exact date statements close relative to approval date?

Also, I don't have any SW flights scheduled for Jan or Feb, but we are an opportunistic family, so I'd rather have CP earlier than not. But if 2 biz apps spread only about 60 days apart will be a prob, I can wait the full 90.

Looking for SW advice here, so tagging some experts, including @SouthFayetteFan. My CP is expiring at the end of the year, and it's DH's turn to earn it. My strategy will be to app for the cards in late 2021, but of course not meet MSR until statement closing in 2022. Any issues with velocity here, if I plan for these apps on 10/7 and 12/15? I have typically done 2 personal or 1 personal/1 biz in the past, so 2 biz is new to me:

ChaseMarriott Bonvoy BoundlessPersonal
10/28/2020​
AmexPlatinumPersonal
12/6/2020​
AmexBiz PlatinumBusiness
3/7/2021​
ChaseInk PreferredBusiness
3/10/2021​
ChaseSapphire PreferredPersonal
6/10/2021​
AmexHilton Honors AspirePersonal
9/5/2021​
ChaseSouthwest Performance BizBusiness
10/7/2021​
ChaseSouthwest Premier BizBusiness
12/15/2021​

Anyone know the exact date statements close relative to approval date?

Also, I don't have any SW flights scheduled for Jan or Feb, but we are an opportunistic family, so I'd rather have CP earlier than not. But if 2 biz apps spread only about 60 days apart will be a prob, I can wait the full 90.

Not a SW expert, but your Chase velocity looks good to me. Chase won't care about your Amex cards (except for 5/24). The 2 biz spaced 2 months apart is probably okay. Though biz cards feel more unpredictable to me these days. Make sure your total Chase CL is low enough (under 50% income or 70-80k). But keep enough on the biz cards in case your SW biz cards get a low limit and you need to move some.

No trips for me today. Taking DS and his BFF to see Maroon 5 at the Hersheypark Stafium tonight. Of course, it’s raining which sucks royally!

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort in Albuquerque this weekend. I was talking to some random people on one of our hiking trips asking about what he had so far and what we were doing next. I mentioned we were checking into this resort next. He said they were just there a few weeks ago and he said we would really enjoy it. He said when they were there some famous guy was there everyone was talking about and he had no clue who it was, some Adam guy. Then went through several botched last names. Lol. I’m like oh Adam Levine you know, Maroon 5. He was like yes that would make sense since Maroon 5 was playing in the area that weekend. I’m like if you saw a guy all tatted up then that was him. After we left the people DH says who did they say they saw? I said Adam Levine. DH says who? Lol But darn for me, I don’t especially like Maroon 5 but I sure wouldn’t mind seeing him at the pool. Lol

First trip to Staples for the week. Converted gcs to MOs and deposited the MOs.

I dropped in and picked up $600 for shopping at Costco, then gave Costco the first $300 of it.

While there, she had to call the manager to sell me the 3 x $200 cards. He checked my ID and checked out my credit card as well, in a nice way. First time this has happened to me! But both were young, like 20ties and very polite and friendly.

I told him that was my best card to get points and he says, 'I've got to get the cards to get into this.' 'I have a capital one quicksilver.' 'You've got a Chase card.'

So I told him to get Chase cards. I really missed the ball and should have given him a referral for CSP!!! But, I told him Ur's are probably his best currency.

Anyway, it's stolen cards and fraud they are mostly looking for. Steal a card and turn it into quick cash with gift cards. He said he's got several customers that come in and regularly load up on a 'lot' of gift cards - not stolen cards. Anyway, since I have a Staples account from when I was working and get promos on that although very little nowadays but $10 off $20 here and there plus some rewards, which I'll buy coffee pods with, they have all my info so can see exactly what I spend. I always do the email thing on my receipts also.

Oldest DD came shopping as well, used her credit card at Costco on my account. More pennies for me as I have the black card.

I bought a car in 2018 and the dealership told me they allow $4k on a credit card so that's what I did for my down payment.

I was able to put 5K on my car two years ago. Big dealership with loads of locations though so that might help. I passed my check and my card to the cashier after the finance guy wrote up the deal. No credit ding as no financing.

My van needs $1300 of repairs (front struts, alignment, oil pan is leaking). At least this will help with my CS Platinum retention spend. Plus at this point driving a 10-year old Odyssey is still a lot cheaper than a car payment.
Youngest DD is driving an 8 year old Honda that she bought new 8 years ago in August. I just took it to Costco for tires, to AAA to get oil changed, and to the glass dealer to get a new windshield installed. That was a little over $800 and I slicked a bit onto her Disney card (with her permission) to get her points up to$20 so I can get them cashed out. She uses a 1 and 1/2 % card from NFCU that she's had forever. Anyway, car drove so much nicer after new rubber and clean ws. Told her - need brakes checked, other fluids checked/replaced and a list of mechanical stuff. Now she's back saying, Mom - the car says my brake fluid is low. So, I'll make that appt for next week. Car has over 80K on it so it's time for lots of stuff, but overall it's taken care of and will go a long way. When she got it the tech was impressive; now it's not quite as great as mine and my car isn't new. I'm all about stuff like that and I thought she was also, but she loves that Honda. And nobody has a payment.

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort in Albuquerque this weekend. I was talking to some random people on one of our hiking trips asking about what he had so far and what we were doing next. I mentioned we were checking into this resort next. He said they were just there a few weeks ago and he said we would really enjoy it. He said when they were there some famous guy was there everyone was talking about and he had no clue who it was, some Adam guy. Then went through several botched last names. Lol. I’m like oh Adam Levine you know, Maroon 5. He was like yes that would make sense since Maroon 5 was playing in the area that weekend. I’m like if you saw a guy all tatted up then that was him. After we left the people DH says who did they say they saw? I said Adam Levine. DH says who? Lol But darn for me, I don’t especially like Maroon 5 but I sure wouldn’t mind seeing him at the pool. Lol

If I knew where my scrapbook is I'd snap a pic of the pic. Won a meet and greet with them back in 2004, actually I think we got to do 2. One in SF and one in Santa Clara. The first time I saw them was at a free music in the park one of the San Jose radio stations did, probably in 2003. It was before they were big, you saw them in small venues for less than 30 bucks. It was when Gavin DeGraw was doing the same and you'd see the same openers at both of their shows. Crazy to think how big they got. Songs About Jane is still my favorite. The stuff they did as Kara's Flowers, before they became M5, is fun too but such a different sound. You can tell they are young doing socal kind of surfer pop I guess. I couldn't even tell you their current hit, I think I've heard the new one but it seems like they went more pop than the alternative pop that got them on both type of stations at the beginning, so I rarely hear them any more.

Youngest DD is driving an 8 year old Honda that she bought new 8 years ago in August. I just took it to Costco for tires, to AAA to get oil changed, and to the glass dealer to get a new windshield installed. That was a little over $800 and I slicked a bit onto her Disney card (with her permission) to get her points up to$20 so I can get them cashed out. She uses a 1 and 1/2 % card from NFCU that she's had forever. Anyway, car drove so much nicer after new rubber and clean ws. Told her - need brakes checked, other fluids checked/replaced and a list of mechanical stuff. Now she's back saying, Mom - the car says my brake fluid is low. So, I'll make that appt for next week. Car has over 80K on it so it's time for lots of stuff, but overall it's taken care of and will go a long way. When she got it the tech was impressive; now it's not quite as great as mine and my car isn't new. I'm all about stuff like that and I thought she was also, but she loves that Honda. And nobody has a payment.
Hondas generally just last. They told me overall it was in very good condition. I do wishi I had all the safety stuff my kids' cars have (a 2019 Honda and a 2018 Acura) but I'll get those features someday.

Hondas generally just last. They told me overall it was in very good condition. I do wishi I had all the safety stuff my kids' cars have (a 2019 Honda and a 2018 Acura) but I'll get those features someday.

I enjoy a lot of these features. Lane assist for instance. I now pay attention and rarely 'wander'. The sensors to prevent you hitting stuff, priceless! And the beep if you get too close to the car in front, priceless! I keep telling DD, you are not slowing down quickly enough in heavy traffic, as in paying attention to stuff happening up front but a piece away still. Now my car tells her and case closed. When we drive the beltway in heavy traffic it's not unusual to see 2-3 fender benders in 35 miles or so. Or at least one heavy mess, such as we saw Friday. Stuff comes up quickly - you've got to look ahead a bit, people, and react in time, not meaning hit the brakes hard, just slow down a bit before the crash really slows you down. At least she's not a zigzag lane cutter in a Dodge Charger with a loud exhaust.

Oh she has offered to get me my own brake when we are driving. A placebo brake.

I enjoy a lot of these features. Lane assist for instance. I now pay attention and rarely 'wander'. The sensors to prevent you hitting stuff, priceless! And the beep if you get too close to the car in front, priceless! I keep telling DD, you are not slowing down quickly enough in heavy traffic, as in paying attention to stuff happening up front but a piece away still. Now my car tells her and case closed. When we drive the beltway in heavy traffic it's not unusual to see 2-3 fender benders in 35 miles or so. Or at least one heavy mess, such as we saw Friday. Stuff comes up quickly - you've got to look ahead a bit, people, and react in time, not meaning hit the brakes hard, just slow down a bit before the crash really slows you down. At least she's not a zigzag lane cutter in a Dodge Charger with a loud exhaust.

Oh she has offered to get me my own brake when we are driving. A placebo brake.
I want the blind spot assist or whatever it's called. My son's car has that. My last accident was in 2003 on 495 switching lanes and there was a car in my blindspot. Totally my fault. But I'm definitely the driver that needs the backup camera, lane keep assist, blind spot monitor, etc.

And I always order my tires from Tire Rack (my brother works for Town Fair Tire and recommended them way back) and now they even have a service where they come to your house and install for $25 per tire. I needed two new tires too so Friday that's getting taken care of. Plus 6% back on the tires from Top Cash Back.

I want the blind spot assist or whatever it's called. My son's car has that. My last accident was in 2003 on 495 switching lanes and there was a car in my blindspot. Totally my fault. But I'm definitely the driver that needs the backup camera, lane keep assist, blind spot monitor, etc.

And I always order my tires from Tire Rack (my brother works for Town Fair Tire and recommended them way back) and now they even have a service where they come to your house and install for $25 per tire. I needed two new tires too so Friday that's getting taken care of. Plus 6% back on the tires from Top Cash Back.

I would have to go find the manual to know what it's actually called but I have it. My mirrors have a little light that comes on as someone comes along either side and if I don't take note and try to lane change, it warns. It's a great feature also. It actually gives more clearance than I feel necessary, but that's probably a good thing. I googled and came up with 'blind spot warning accident avoidance system'. That's a mouthful but it does the job.

I've always been one to keep my car forever. But, now I'm wanting to buy new when my warranty runs out, because I like all the available tech features!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter