I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DHs csp app went to 7-10 days. Boo. He will not call.

The only thing I can think of is that I mistyped income or something.

It’s 30 days from application till you can try again?

Call yourself and have him give permission for you to talk. (Maybe he is not willing at all, but for that cash, I would be trying anything.)

I tried to get my son to apply and he sent me the emoji with the right eye monacle - the 'suspicious' one. He and his player 2 could easily have 228K UR's with their wedding expenses, a lot of which I'm funneling money for. He actually complained about the fee for using a card with the caterer, and I explained the cost, step by step. His response - we are going to write a check. Ugghhhhhhh! Before I gifted them money I should have thought about it and planned a strategy, but I did not.

Older daughter - all for it. But she has a CSR and an Amex plat that she won't be without for 5 minutes. Any other card, all in.

Younger daughter - been trying to find a 'good' opening to get her to do this. There's like a 10% chance.

So, @Andysol - so many people just 'pay' and pay and pay. I'm sure CSP would approve all my family members - good incomes, over 800 credit scores just to get a few thousand spend over the course of a year, with the outside hope that someone would pay interest but make regular payments. Money left all over this table. Caterers for 3 events, the wedding event, all that goes with it. This actual spend could power a load of points. Instead, I booked Maui, Hawaii for them with my points. Not sorry - I give my kids what they want, but so many lost opportunities.

Last edited:
ok..... so this is interesting..... Marriott at 50% transfer from UR portal? anyone else see this as interesting?
.....aaaaannnddd the new Freedom offers out (via DoC).... how would I go about 'stacking the flex grocery offer with the q4 category offer on freedom?

ok..... so this is interesting..... Marriott at 50% transfer from UR portal? anyone else see this as interesting?
.....aaaaannnddd the new Freedom offers out (via DoC).... how would I go about 'stacking the flex grocery offer with the q4 category offer on freedom?
oh wow! 50% transfer, I wish I wouldn't have transferred all those MRs last month. oh well.

Tried to have DH apply for delta amex gold, and he was denied. when I try to see why he was denied I get an error. He has excellent credit. Is it typically hard to get approved for an amex? Going to have him try calling later for an explanation.

Tried to have DH apply for delta amex gold, and he was denied. when I try to see why he was denied I get an error. He has excellent credit. Is it typically hard to get approved for an amex? Going to have him try calling later for an explanation.

He got the pop up or actually denied? Most get the pop up vs being denied.

He got the pop up or actually denied? Most get the pop up vs being denied.
It actually said declined. There was a link to click to see the reason but I am getting an error. It was an immediate decline.
He had to freeze his credit last year due to fraud, but he unfroze it recently. Maybe that has something to do with it?

It actually said declined. There was a link to click to see the reason but I am getting an error. It was an immediate decline.
He had to freeze his credit last year due to fraud, but he unfroze it recently. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Do you know if all three bureaus were unfrozen? As long as all three were unfrozen before the application then it wouldn't have caused an issue. I keep my credit frozen and unfreeze all three for a day or two then I immediately apply and I haven't had any issues.

If he's already got an amex they probably wouldn't do a hard pull. Freezing your credit won't affect anything as long as the one they want to pull from is unfrozen. Did he unfreeze all 3?

I've gone off what I found on DoC before and only unfroze the one it said chase pulled for my state only to get denied because it had changed or was wrong. Now I always unfreeze all 3 for a day when I apply unless I can see a hp from whatever bank I'm applying to on one of the reports.

If he's already got an amex they probably wouldn't do a hard pull. Freezing your credit won't affect anything as long as the one they want to pull from is unfrozen. Did he unfreeze all 3?

I've gone off what I found on DoC before and only unfroze the one it said chase pulled for my state only to get denied because it had changed or was wrong. Now I always unfreeze all 3 for a day when I apply unless I can see a hp from whatever bank I'm applying to on one of the reports.
All 3 were unfrozen as of yesterday. We have never had an amex card before, only chase.

I see in the Amex Plat the new $200 hotel benefit. I've also got the $200 2021 benefit and it seems that those 2 credits can be combined. What I can't find is whether the new, yearly $200 credit is annually or per renewal date. In other words, do I have to use $400 before December 31 and then I get a new $200 in January or will the yearly one not renew until June of next year (my renewal date)?

I see in the Amex Plat the new $200 hotel benefit. I've also got the $200 2021 benefit and it seems that those 2 credits can be combined. What I can't find is whether the new, yearly $200 credit is annually or per renewal date. In other words, do I have to use $400 before December 31 and then I get a new $200 in January or will the yearly one not renew until June of next year (my renewal date)?

It's calendar year. So, yes, you'll get a new hotel credit in January.

DHs csp app went to 7-10 days. Boo. He will not call.

The only thing I can think of is that I mistyped income or something.

It’s 30 days from application till you can try again?
This is what one of our friends here, wrote previously (not sure how old or who):

1) On ANY card you want to wait 30 days to apply for that same card if denied
2) You should have 0 applications (approved or denied) on file in the last 30 days before applying for a business card
3) If you were denied for a business card, you can immediately apply for a personal card
4) If you were denied for a personal card you should take a step back and figure out why vs trying again right away which will surely bring a similar result.

Ugh, just sharing a frustration. I had a 10% back offer on my Chase card for Giant Eagle (grocery store) up to $10. I was planning on buying a $100 Disney gc to get $10 back. My DD18 is an authorized user on that card (rarely uses it) and used it to buy face wash and that's it. Offer was activated so I'll get less than $1 off her purchase. I reminded her to give me a heads up BEFORE using that card, not after!

This is what one of our friends here, wrote previously (not sure how old or who):

1) On ANY card you want to wait 30 days to apply for that same card if denied
2) You should have 0 applications (approved or denied) on file in the last 30 days before applying for a business card
3) If you were denied for a business card, you can immediately apply for a personal card
4) If you were denied for a personal card you should take a step back and figure out why vs trying again right away which will surely bring a similar result.
The thing is there is no logical reason he would’ve been denied unless we mis typed something on the application, which I guess is possible.

0/24, last sapphire bonus 5/2017, one chase card with a lower limit, income around 200k.

Alas. I guess I’ll wait for the letter

Ugh, just sharing a frustration. I had a 10% back offer on my Chase card for Giant Eagle (grocery store) up to $10. I was planning on buying a $100 Disney gc to get $10 back. My DD18 is an authorized user on that card (rarely uses it) and used it to buy face wash and that's it. Offer was activated so I'll get less than $1 off her purchase. I reminded her to give me a heads up BEFORE using that card, not after!

I always thought the offers were cumulative. Thanks for posting this, as I've considered doing two transactions such as I would with an Amex offer in some situations. I just went back and read the disclaimer and looks like a one shot deal. I'll definitely be more careful when I look at these offers in future.

I always thought the offers were cumulative. Thanks for posting this, as I've considered doing two transactions such as I would with an Amex offer in some situations. I just went back and read the disclaimer and looks like a one shot deal. I'll definitely be more careful when I look at these offers in future.
I can confirm it's a one-time deal, it happened with me with a 10% Starbucks offer.

Found a %15 back up to $5 for starbucks on my hilton biz expires 8/4. I'll load 33 on the app sometime before then, which says will work.

The thing is there is no logical reason he would’ve been denied unless we mis typed something on the application, which I guess is possible.

0/24, last sapphire bonus 5/2017, one chase card with a lower limit, income around 200k.

Alas. I guess I’ll wait for the letter
Maybe they just need to verify the application was actually from him. You could call if you wanted to speed things up some. I think Judique mentioned you calling, say DH doesn't like to talk on phone, and have him talk long enough to say he will let you do the talking for him. Or speaker phone in tandem with you doing all the talking and him just agreeing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter