I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We made good use of SUBs between getting our house ready to sell and moving costs. At least 5 cards' worth over a year.
Our house has a contract and we have a contract on the new (to us) house. Closing for both on 8/13 when we will be in WDW. We will return 8/14 to immediately move the next day. Will definitely need a new card once we close but not sure if loan officer will give his ok to a new card end of July when DH will qualify for CSP.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and looking for some advice!

Earlier this year, I had some flooding issues in my house and will be paying $40-50k on credit cards for the renovation work (have already received the money from my insurance company, so I'm not going into debt, just transferring that money to the remodeling company).

Are there any credit cards you would recommend with a good bonus for a lot of initial spending? I have excellent credit (~850) and I only applied for one new card in the last 24 months:

01/21 CHASE Sapphire Preferred

ETA: I'm looking for mainly cashback, not hotel or airline points.

Thank you!

Last edited:
:flower1: We had DD & her DH over for dinner a few weeks ago and she gave a flimsy excuse as to why she was not drinking. We figured she was expecting but not ready to announce it. (We were right). She's only 8 weeks so not going on Facebook or anything, but I don't know any of you IRL. Anticipation of grandchildren is why we relocated this spring. Yay! :banana:
Congratulations :flower:….so excited for you…..We became first time grandparents in January and it is absolutely the best

Last edited:
:flower1: We had DD & her DH over for dinner a few weeks ago and she gave a flimsy excuse as to why she was not drinking. We figured she was expecting but not ready to announce it. (We were right). She's only 8 weeks so not going on Facebook or anything, but I don't know any of you IRL. Anticipation of grandchildren is why we relocated this spring. Yay! :banana:

congrats! So exciting.

Earlier this year, I had some flooding issues in my house and will be paying $40-50k on credit cards for the renovation work (have already received the money from my insurance company, so I'm not going into debt, just transferring that money to the remodeling company).

Are there any credit cards you would recommend with a good bonus for a lot of initial spending? I have excellent credit (~850) and I only applied for one new card in the last 24 months:

Thank you!
If you have a P2 you could send them a support link for the CSP……..I’d also make sure whoever you are using for the repairs takes credit cards…by me most unfortunately don’t

Thank you!
Are you comfortable with applying for Business cards? Do you want to stay with Chase?
Do you have a player 2? I would apply for the CIU (75k UR SUB) depending of how fast you meet the MSR, you could apply for a new CIU every 3 months, or the CIP (100k SUB).

Are you comfortable with applying for Business cards? Do you want to stay with Chase?
Do you have a player 2? I would apply for the CIU (75k UR SUB) depending of how fast you meet the MSR, you could apply for a new CIU every 3 months, or the CIP (100k SUB).
The CIP is what I was thinking too, with that amount of spend, followed by the CIU and/or CIC ...
But then I saw palhockeymomof2's post about a CSP for P2, which I would put in first place followed by the above sentence.

Trying to enroll in clear but I had a credit card saved. Can add a new one, but it still wants to charge the old one. And chat isn't working for me.

Thank you! I'm single, so I don't think I have the ability to do a P2. So probably a CIP? I double-checked and the repair company does take credit cards, thank goodness!
Yep, CIP has a great 100k bonus right now, albeit with a larger $15k spend. But being a business card is good, because it won't count against your x cards in the last 24 months, assuming you will continue churning. You will need to report some kind of business like selling on ebay, garage sales, babysitting, tutoring, etc. I have a rental house that I use.
You will apply as a Sole Proprietorship and use YOUR NAME in place of company name, and YOUR SSN in place of EIN (assuming you don't have a licensed business).
You will likely get an offer to join our private DISchurners group by @SouthFayetteFan, @Albort, @Lain, @miztressuz, @wendow, or @gottalovepluto where we have advanced strategies and support links to pay it forward.
Happy churning!

Last edited:
Congrats!!!

That’s great..the only issue I see is Chase has been very stingy with business credit limits usually $3k on the CIC and CIUs and $5K on the CIP
Yeah, and I've had trouble even getting a Chase biz card (earlier this year).
Since we generally recommend only getting a Chase biz card once every three months, you could spend something close to the $5k limit (if that's what you end up with), pay it off early (don't do this too often), and put another nearly $5k on. And you'll have 3 months to meet MSR, so you still have 2 more chances (months) to meet the spend.
If you are denied for the CIP biz card, you can immediately apply for a personal card as a backup plan.

Our house has a contract and we have a contract on the new (to us) house. Closing for both on 8/13 when we will be in WDW. We will return 8/14 to immediately move the next day. Will definitely need a new card once we close but not sure if loan officer will give his ok to a new card end of July when DH will qualify for CSP.

I love Amex for quick cards in your hand. I applied yesterday for an Amex biz gold and had it on my doorstep today. Plus often they provide a temporary cc# or you can add it to your digital wallet right away.

It's gotta be tough not buying everything you know you'll need in advance. I really feel for you.

Same! I won't be keeping it pass a year. Maybe if the digital credit had more option, but that is super lame, I'll use it but not a good enough reason to keep it.

I did do a quick search on the $200 hotel credit, those can be used at the Swan & Dolphin, Universal Loew's Hotels. At least there's that.

I didn't see the Swan come up as an option for the hotel credit, but I was looking specifically for a Hotel Collection or FHR. Should I be looking for something else?

I didn't see the Swan come up as an option for the hotel credit, but I was looking specifically for a Hotel Collection or FHR. Should I be looking for something else?

I think you need to do at least 2 nights for the Swan to show up as Hotel Collection.

I see that Portofino Bay is FHR (1 night is fine), Sapphire Falls and Swan and Dolphin are Hotel Collection (need at least 2 nights). It's interesting that Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Swan Reserve aren't FHR or Hotel Collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter