I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up to Hawaiian Air emails that our flights are cancelled. I am on hold t speak with CS, but looks like all direct flights from BOS are cancelled. We can fly from JFK, which is less convenient. When we booked JFK was a cheaper option. Now JFK flights 2x as expensive and we don;t have enough FF miles to cover the 2 flights we booked with miles, sototal flights alone cost more than we budgeted for the entire trip. Has this happened with anyone else? I am hoping the CS will let us re-book from JFK for the same cost (or even the lower fare). The email/website only gives me the option of rebooking at the more expensive fare or refund everything.
Wow, that sucks! I would definitely be pushing for not paying an increase when they canceled your flights.

When is your trip?

Wow, that sucks! I would definitely be pushing for not paying an increase when they canceled your flights.

When is your trip?
Flights are in April. Getting close to 2hr on the phone. They are holding fast to charging more for JFK flights or changing dates (so our 7 night trip becomes 5 or 9 nights). 9 nights would mean missed work, school, and cash hotel costs (bc DVC borrowing rule). 5 nights means 2 days of travel for 3 full days in HI, plus the borrowed DVC points would be stuck in this use year. The JFK flights were actually CHEAPER when we booked 9 days ago. They are honoring the FF mile cost for some of it, but still 50% more cash out of pocket to fly out of a less convenient airport. I feel sick over this.

I know this is written on DOC, but just in case someone here doesn’t read it.

The bonuses for Barclay‘s promotion around the holiday have posted! I know a few people on here took advantage on here.
I have an old Upromise Barclay so I got $600 for spending $4000. I thought it would have shown up in my rewards acct but it was just a statement credit which is great.
I was soooo dumb, I only charged $3006 (mine was $3K spend), and then 2 weeks ago I cancelled our flights which means I had a refund of $22. I can't believe I did it. There goes 60,000 AA miles.

Who was considering a Chromebook? I was but my laptop is back to new condition so not anymore.

Anyway, Costco has a HP bundle, for $199 (down from 299) as a member savings starting March 10. It is 14 inch, intel celeron , bluetooth, 4 GB memory, 64 GB hard drive, wireless mouse, sleeve and a card reader. Comes with 2nd year warranty.

Who was considering a Chromebook? I was but my laptop is back to new condition so not anymore.

Anyway, Costco has a HP bundle, for $199 (down from 299) as a member savings starting March 10. It is 14 inch, intel celeron , bluetooth, 4 GB memory, 64 GB hard drive, wireless mouse, sleeve and a card reader. Comes with 2nd year warranty.
That was me. I got mine already, but I spent a lot more than that LOL. I am an upgraded kind of gal when it comes to my electronics LOL.

I'm so dissatisfied with the response from this Chase SM:

"Becauseimnew, as explained earlier, you have received referral bonus for four successful referrals (15,000 points each) for the year 2020. In order to investigate this matter further, please reply to this email with the following details of all the five referrals: - We would either need the full 16-digit credit card account number of the five referrals; or if you cannot provide us with their full credit card account numbers, we will then need their full name, zip code and the last four digits of their credit card account numbers."

I would NEVER ask my friends to share any of the information they are requesting. I have an email from Chase that clearly says I earned 75,000 referral points, their records show I was only given 60,000. I don't know what I'm missing.

That was me. I got mine already, but I spent a lot more than that LOL. I am an upgraded kind of gal when it comes to my electronics LOL.

Great! I don't know if I've ever said it, but I like 'fast'. So, I eventually had to take my laptop to an IT guy because we didn't have the tools to install a power harness in it. Battery was just screws, but the harness required moving other stuff and using a meter which I didn't own either.

Anyway, once complete, IT guy was 'it's really fast and has nice specs'. Yes, yes, I know.

But - there is no real need in my life for high end electronics. Checking my accounts, reading email and message boards. That's it. Well, searching for a vaccine......found one!

Yay! - at CVS. J&J.

I honestly tell no one 😂 DH is thankfully a very willing P2, and he’s a good listener so I can share fun things with him, but outside of this group no one I know cares. My younger brother was big into this hobby about 4 years ago, and used points to travel the world. He gets it, but he’s gotten out of it so I occasionally give him tips, but again not so much. I occasionally mention it to my patients, there’s a few that dabble in points, but for the most part I get the “be careful credits cards are dangerous.” Big sigh...if they only knew 😆
hahaha I had some friends BEG me last week for info on how I travel free/cheap. So finally I caved, told them how, and shared a simple beginners articel for them to read,offered to answer any questions they have. Radio Silence :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Great! I don't know if I've ever said it, but I like 'fast'. So, I eventually had to take my laptop to an IT guy because we didn't have the tools to install a power harness in it. Battery was just screws, but the harness required moving other stuff and using a meter which I didn't own either.

Anyway, once complete, IT guy was 'it's really fast and has nice specs'. Yes, yes, I know.

But - there is no real need in my life for high end electronics. Checking my accounts, reading email and message boards. That's it. Well, searching for a vaccine......found one!

Yay! - at CVS. J&J.
Yeah, me too, which is why I bought an upgrade chromebook. i haven't used it a ton yet, still exploring it, but it seems super fast. it got a couple of rave reviews that I found online from cnet and some chromebook site that does reviews and articles

Flights are in April. Getting close to 2hr on the phone. They are holding fast to charging more for JFK flights or changing dates (so our 7 night trip becomes 5 or 9 nights). 9 nights would mean missed work, school, and cash hotel costs (bc DVC borrowing rule). 5 nights means 2 days of travel for 3 full days in HI, plus the borrowed DVC points would be stuck in this use year. The JFK flights were actually CHEAPER when we booked 9 days ago. They are honoring the FF mile cost for some of it, but still 50% more cash out of pocket to fly out of a less convenient airport. I feel sick over this.

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I see HA has reduced its BOS-HNL route to just Sunday and Wednesday. I’d expect they reaccomodate you to one of these flights for the points you paid. Of course, it sounds like your schedule is a lot more complicated than that. I hope you can figure something out.

I’m actually surprised HA is still cutting flights. Our flights to (on UA) and from (on HA) HNL last month were 100% packed.

I would feel sick too, that’s just awful!

Any last minute cash deals on other airlines?

hahaha I had some friends BEG me last week for info on how I travel free/cheap. So finally I caved, told them how, and shared a simple beginners articel for them to read,offered to answer any questions they have. Radio Silence :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
They know this churning stuff is either hocus pocus or illegal and you’re probably up to your eyeballs in cc debt 😂

I got a 500 point offer on my CSP for 3 tap to pay purchases of at least $1.75. This might be a stupid question but would using Apple Pay count for this? I wasn't sure if they would allow Apple Pay vs tapping the actual card since they pay fees for Apple Pay purchases.

Yes. But do you have a specific redemption in mind that makes the transfer worth it? I value UR at 1.5 cent per point with a CSR and Marriott at 0.8.

I doubt there are many Marriott redemptions worth it. Except maybe that Al Maha thing or the Maldives or something outrageous like that.

Or just needing a few thousand extra versus paying to buy them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter