I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So something interesting going on over on the DISboards Gift Card Thread. @FoxC63 reached out to me to ask if I'd do an interview of sorts to help introduce some of their regulars to the world of credit cards. Here's her announcement - always up for something new and fun so maybe it will breathe some more life into our thread with some new visitors!

Special Announcement

For the first time two DISBoard hosts are joining minds @SouthFayetteFan host of the I love credit cards so much! thread and yours truly, host of the Updated Disney Gift Card thread.

The Q&A Session will take place today ONLY, 12/16/20
at 2:30pm EST.

• First, I'll be asking @SouthFayetteFan questions regarding Credit Cards.
  • Afterwards, this thread will remain open to your questions for a limited time.
  • All questions regarding credit cards will be answered by @SouthFayetteFan , please be sure to tag him " @SouthFayetteFan "

I did a 1 night mattress run to get the 5,000 Marriott points a little while ago (needed a 3rd stay). I checked-in, went to the room, washed my hands, looked out the window and left. Never went back! However with more then 1 night if you don't let the hotel know that you won't be there they might check you out early. I have no intention of going back to check-out as the Hyatt I am using is a 45 minute drive from our house!
The hyatt in "staying" in is about the same but it is less than 15 from my FIL. So depending on the weather (if we can visit outside), it may not even be an issue as we try to see him weekly if the weather allows.

Ok I'm confused (not unusual) IHG.... I have 3 certs on mine right now (I have $49 af card)
*1 dated 7/12/19-12/31/20
*2 dated 4/2/20-8/31/21
*3 dated 7/11/22
P2 has only the 2 still
*1 dated 3/21/20-9/27/21
*2 dated 4/2/20-12/31/20
.... what was extended here? I honestly had given up on IHg for a while, couldn't get into accts or site at all. Now I can get back in...but confused. I hate that I have two nights wasted here....
ETA- sorry I was unclear in this post...what I meant was I have no plans currently, but it appears the ones expiring 12/20 are still expiring? That's where I'm confused...what's been extended?

It looks to me like they kept the expiring certificate there and added a new one that expires later. I should have two free nights but with the extension it looks like I have three.

I was puzzled on mine too but I think @Limes96 is right, they just added another night. I doubt I can use one by the end of the month so no loss on their part to just add one.

So something interesting going on over on the DISboards Gift Card Thread. @FoxC63 reached out to me to ask if I'd do an interview of sorts to help introduce some of their regulars to the world of credit cards. Here's her announcement - always up for something new and fun so maybe it will breathe some more life into our thread with some new visitors!

We're live!

Aso @calypso726 ..... I'm intrigued right now..... in doing some reading over on that link- they recommend telling the hotel manager it's a mattress run....for real? I was considering the idea of just doing all 9 nights at once (to get it done with,maybe go play in the pool with the kids some days)...any thoughts?

I know someone who was told by a Hyatt manager not to tell them they were doing a mattress run. This manager said it was against their policy but I haven’t seen that written anywhere. I’m actually using my mattress run on the weekends. Therefore, I have clothes and toiletries in the room.

Awesome! I am not going to lie I was helping a few friends get consoles I even managed to snag one for a buddy on a drop the night before Thanksgiving. While it was crazy frustrating at times I kinda miss the "rush" from trying to get one. I finally have turned off all notifications but still follow a few of the accounts and yesterday seemed like a huge day with drops from Sams Club, Best Buy and Walmart. I am sad I don't have any other friends that want one right now to help with anymore.
You can always keep your eye out for me :D I have to buy from Microsoft, so it may be awhile, but that's okay, I'm not in any rush. I sent a text to my nephews and offered it to one of them for $400. One already replied back that he's interested. Save him a little money and make $400 for me.

Finally called/chatted with Amex today on some retention offers.

Me:
BBP - $50 credit, another $100 credit if I spend $2K in 3 months
Biz Plat - $150 credit (She first offered 5K points plus 15K if I spend $10K in 3 months, but I took the credit)

DH:
Marriott Bonvoy Biz - nothing. Annual fee had posted, so we cancelled to get fee back. This was originally a SPG card.
Reserve/Aspire - nothing. Told to call back in January when fee posts.

It is hard to keep these cards when he isn't traveling, especially the Delta Reserve. Now to get him to call on the CSR.

I felt the same way about Reddit, until someone here (thank you whoever you are) suggested using this link which lists all the forum updates into a single chronological thread with newest at the top:
comments : DISchurners (reddit.com)
Then someone else (think maybe Judique (?) ) suggested to just upvote (the arrows on the left side of each comment) once you've read a comment. Then the up arrow changes red, so next time you can see where you left off.
And if you're looking to add a support link, select the MY SUBREDDITS drop-down near the upper left corner, then select DISCHURNERS, which takes you to our Chase, Amex, News, etc.

Thank you! This is much better!!

Does DH have other personal cards? If so, you could just move some credit around in order to increase the CL. It can even be done via SM. just say I would like to move $1k from acct ending in xxx1 to acct ending in xxx2.
That’s a great idea. Yes, P2 has two CF and a CFU.
When I woke up and looked this morning my payment had posted and my available credit was back up over $100 and the PS5 pending payment is still showing.
Hoping that means I’m in the clear. I sock drawered it so I don’t make any more mistakes.

I have heard that Chase will not approve a personal card and business card if both applied for within a 30 day period. Does that still hold true? Do you need to wait 30 days after approval of a Chase personal card to apply for a business card?

I have heard that Chase will not approve a personal card and business card if both applied for within a 30 day period. Does that still hold true? Do you need to wait 30 days after approval of a Chase personal card to apply for a business card?

other way around. u can app for 2 personal cards within 30 days just fine. for biz cards, u cant have any card apps to be approve for one.
so u would always push for a biz card first before going for the 2nd personal card.

other way around. u can app for 2 personal cards within 30 days just fine. for biz cards, u cant have any card apps to be approve for one.
so u would always push for a biz card first before going for the 2nd personal card.

So, if I was just approved for a Chase personal card, I would need to wait 30 days to apply for a Chase business card? I haven’t applied for any cards at all in 2020 and rushed and pplied for a personal card without realizing that the business card was the better choice.

So, if I was just approved for a Chase personal card, I would need to wait 30 days to apply for a Chase business card? I haven’t applied for any cards at all in 2020 and rushed and pplied for a personal card without realizing that the business card was the better choice.

correct, u would need your personal card to drop off the status line before u can app for a chase biz...
but u can apply for a 2nd personal card if u like.

There's a new google pay app and there's an offer for $21 back at target when you buy $50 and use it to pay. Info at doc.

Worked buying a dis gc, says it's been redeemed and will pay out in 30 days. Comments on doc mention someone using an iPhone to do it as well. Should be able to link to your bank acct for pay out, haven't done that yet.
Just did this. Thank you so much. Now I’m referring 3 family members to get another $63.
Easy money.

Thank you! This is much better!!
You are welcome! Let us know if you have questions. I am not an expert, but will help if I can. Posting nicely formatted (bold, italics, hyperlinked) text is tricky, but there is a "formatting help" section at the lower right corner of your text box. Of course you can reply with just plain text too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter