I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got finished linking my November reservations in MDE so that I can reserve park days in November. I did receive an email from Disney today suggesting I do this, since I have an annual pass and reservations.

I was surprised that I would have the opportunity to do park reservations this far out - on June 22nd. Wasn't expecting it and glad I paid attention to the email.
Monday is going to be real mess, as everyone with reservations and tickets through Sept 2021 can make park reservations that day. I have a piecemeal DVC rental, 3 separate reservations, and one 2 night segment of it was reserved with an incorrect spelling of my last name, so until that is fixed I will not be able to reserve those 2 days. (Maybe go to Universal then?)

I'm sitting in a Holiday Inn right now. Mixed feelings.
-Plexiglass at counter, but there are two workers checking people in simultaneously so I was a foot from someone at check in.
-Second floor so took elevator with bags, we waited for an empty one. You can't maintain distance in an elevator. We'll be using stairs until we leave.
-My friend was told breakfast is grab n go of yogurt and Danish. I was told there would limited options of yogurt, pastries and cereal. We'll grab something tonight, we don't always do breakfast anyway.
-Pool is open, haven't been down there.
-There are distance markers everywhere, not sure it matters though.

This softball complex has always taken CC in the past so I didn't stress over money, today they are cash only. I didn't have enough for 2 weekend passes so I paid for day and they stamped hands instead of using bands. I'm so frustrated, they've raised gate fees and ump fees. I will be contacting them to let them know my thoughts. They are enforcing their mask requirement either.

My 'sad' is for your last paragraph.

I'm not concerned about hotel rooms. I'll carry the huge can of Lysol spray and some wipes and go from there. I'm more concerned about person to person contact, such as in an elevator, narrow hallways, people not following protocols.

I called Hyatt and Marriott recently to ask what they were doing at the specific hotels I am planning on using this summer. Grab and Go bags - although both had a little more to offer, but not sure if there will be flavor choices. No coffee in room but will make it for you down stairs - Hyatt. I'll carry my own. I forgot to ask Marriott. No housekeeping to limit entry but will provide what is needed. Plexiglass at desk. Masks for all employees and guests in the hotels.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of being a recluse. I canceled end of June but plan to go to the beach end of July almost 5 weeks from now and stay 3 nights at Hyatt. I also reserve the right to change my mind.

I often use stairs but the Hyatt has 7 floors above the first which is shops and parking. I haven't been placed higher than 6th that I remember, but maybe I'll ask for 3rd - not too many rooms on 2nd floor (dining, bar, swimming, front desk and offices), but there are a few oceanfront.

At Disney since I'm usually down by the tennis courts, I use stairs all the time - no elevator down there and it wouldn't make sense to walk all the way to the elevator and back. So, business as usual.

I'm really tempted to book 1 night next week and just go.

Monday is going to be real mess, as everyone with reservations and tickets through Sept 2021 can make park reservations that day. I have a piecemeal DVC rental, 3 separate reservations, and one 2 night segment of it was reserved with an incorrect spelling of my last name, so until that is fixed I will not be able to reserve those 2 days. (Maybe go to Universal then?)

Yikes!

I haven't been reading on the regular forums, so I may have missed if the regular hotels have an opening date?

I'll give it a shot and see whether it works or crashes. Would be nice if they would do something like the process for booking Moonlight Madness.

Yikes!

I haven't been reading on the regular forums, so I may have missed if the regular hotels have an opening date?

I'll give it a shot and see whether it works or crashes. Would be nice if they would do something like the process for booking Moonlight Madness.
No opening date for anything other than dvc and FW. Kind of crazy there isn't more info released when park reservations go live on Monday.

https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-24119?nck=28365507&ck=49714612&lk=1000414549
It seems that in July Marriott will be depositing “credit for night stays” up to 1/2 of your current tier status. I made titanium last year and got an extra 40,000 FNC. With my timeshare stays, I should make it pretty easily again this year. I generally haven’t made very good use of my FNCs and cancelled my my Marriott Amex business card last month. We are down in Wisconsin Dells this week and used 3 certs for friends to join us. I’m seriously sorry I cancelled that card now.

Haha. That is an interesting way to describe us.

It is. Didn't realize we were so known/noticed elsewhere, especially our page/post count. Guess we need to start discussing pop tarts (yuck) and stuff again, haha.

I did use the offer DoC posted about last night, signed up for uber eats pass trial and then immediately click the don't automatically renew button. I got the $30 off coupon he posted about and combined it with my plat credit so we had almost free dinner from red robin tonight, the tip put me over. I try to only order from chains cause of what they actually pay the restaurants but also most of the places we have for delivery I've never eaten at and don't know anyone that's eaten at them. I'm sure some of them are but I don't really want to order food and then not like it and have to make dinner.

Venturing to the mall tomorrow to return stuff, all the stores I need are open so that's good. Uncertain whether I'll buy anything but it'll be a power shop trip to the mall either way.

And I did apply and was instantly approved for that citi premier card. Still no idea about support, it won't let me create an online account until I get the card.

It is. Didn't realize we were so known/noticed elsewhere, especially our page/post count. Guess we need to start discussing pop tarts (yuck) and stuff again, haha.

I did use the offer DoC posted about last night, signed up for uber eats pass trial and then immediately click the don't automatically renew button. I got the $30 off coupon he posted about and combined it with my plat credit so we had almost free dinner from red robin tonight, the tip put me over. I try to only order from chains cause of what they actually pay the restaurants but also most of the places we have for delivery I've never eaten at and don't know anyone that's eaten at them. I'm sure some of them are but I don't really want to order food and then not like it and have to make dinner.

Venturing to the mall tomorrow to return stuff, all the stores I need are open so that's good. Uncertain whether I'll buy anything but it'll be a power shop trip to the mall either way.

And I did apply and was instantly approved for that citi premier card. Still no idea about support, it won't let me create an online account until I get the card.
Where do yo find the “don’t automatically renew” button?

Dh and I just finished watching Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix and I loved it so much. The theme song is always stuck in my head

I didn't either! I rarely venture far from the Budget board but I've been reading a couple other threads that are discussing how Disney is planning to open since we have a July trip. I've seen a few familiar faces!

Where do yo find the “don’t automatically renew” button?

In the uber eats app, I think it has to be in this app even though you can order from the reg uber, under accounts there's an eats pass option, partway down is an auto-renew toggle thing. I turned it off right after I signed up for the free trial.

I didn't either! I rarely venture far from the Budget board but I've been reading a couple other threads that are discussing how Disney is planning to open since we have a July trip. I've seen a few familiar faces!

I see familiar faces on the news & rumors board which is about the only other place I go. Occasionally I'll see someone else on the podcast board but not often. But I never see mention of this thread unless someone here posts about it. And they have way more to talk about right now than we do since there's not much going on.

But I did see Amex is looking to move the centuron lounge at SEA so it'll be much larger than now, but no spa in the drawings. They should be getting approval from the Port Tuesday according to TPG. That might get me to keep the plat over the CSR if I need to get rid of one. We'll see how long it takes to get it built.

@afan Where do you see the offer to sign up for the Uber eats pass? DoC's post doesn't give a lot of detail. I'm not seeing the offer in my app - maybe you need to be a new user to the app??

@afan Where do you see the offer to sign up for the Uber eats pass? DoC's post doesn't give a lot of detail. I'm not seeing the offer in my app - maybe you need to be a new user to the app??

Umm...I think I figured it out from the comments but I think it has to be done from the uber eats app not the reg uber app. I think I just click on the eats pass and it was there but also not sure if it actually said anything about it before I did it. Honestly I wasn't fully paying attention to what I was doing :coffee: and focus issues lately but that's mostly a work issue. Let's just say I'm looking forward to the eye dr next saturday, though I can see fine but it's my focus issue cause my eyes are bugging me. I think somethings changed just a smidge but as the day goes and I get more tired the worse it gets. I did all the uber stuff before bed last night, I downloaded the app and then like 3 taps if that and I was done :confused3 And now I'm just rambling so I'll stop almost time for bed, as soon as this ep of Botched is done.

Umm...I think I figured it out from the comments but I think it has to be done from the uber eats app not the reg uber app. I think I just click on the eats pass and it was there but also not sure if it actually said anything about it before I did it. Honestly I wasn't fully paying attention to what I was doing :coffee: and focus issues lately but that's mostly a work issue. Let's just say I'm looking forward to the eye dr next saturday, though I can see fine but it's my focus issue cause my eyes are bugging me. I think somethings changed just a smidge but as the day goes and I get more tired the worse it gets. I did all the uber stuff before bed last night, I downloaded the app and then like 3 taps if that and I was done :confused3 And now I'm just rambling so I'll stop almost time for bed, as soon as this ep of Botched is done.
Thanks! Focus and eye issues for me too lately! I need to go in and see the eye doc!

I've used the app for about 2 years so maybe that is why I'm not seeing a promo for the Pass. I may try deleting and reinstalling.

I can't figure out the pass either. But I did get the spend $25 get $20 off coupon which you can use twice this month. We got Mod pizza last night and today I'll probably get the kids Chipotle. Those two should use up my $15 platinum credit.

I do notice that what's available/available for pick up changes constantly so it is hard to plan. Blaze Pizza has been availalbe for pick up the last few months but yesterday it wasn't. And between the tip, delivery fee, and service fee, it costs > $10 to get delivery.

Has anyone had any luck with funding a bank account with Amex CC? I was looking at DoC and can’t find a bank either nation wide or in VA. If you have any recommendations can you please send me pm. Thank you.

I'm curious about how a paid off mortgage affects credit score,since that's my current goal

I have been mortgage free for years and totally debt free for about a year and a half. Both my score and DH's score hover around 830. I am not sure about the immediate effect to our scores right after our mortgage was paid off. That was more than a few years ago, when easy access to credit scores was not available online. I don't think it had a big effect because we were able to lease and/or finance cars without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter