I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dh's FNC posted on his Marriott account 5/5, his anniversary was 5/5, but the fee hasn't posted.

Original card opened 5/5/18
Received 25K FNC 5/19
Upgraded the card 6/19 - received 35K FNC for upgrading & refunded the $85 AF
12/19 the $95 fee finally posted
5/20 35K FNC posted - wondering when we'll see the $95 fee.

I would guess 12/19 for you.

I have a similar story for my Chase personal Marriott. I resisted the upgrade from Dec until just before anniversary date (Dec 25) and got the 35K cert as well, plus 50K points, the refund et al. That cert drops in still on December 25 and the fee gets posted in June. Just paid that one.

The fee I'm watching for is my Marriott Chase Biz with a June 15 anniversary. The fee will be here soon, I'm sure.

I would guess 12/19 for you.

I have a similar story for my Chase personal Marriott. I resisted the upgrade from Dec until just before anniversary date (Dec 25) and got the 35K cert as well, plus 50K points, the refund et al. That cert drops in still on December 25 and the fee gets posted in June. Just paid that one.

The fee I'm watching for is my Marriott Chase Biz with a June 15 anniversary. The fee will be here soon, I'm sure.
I’m going to guess 7/1...

I'm curious about how a paid off mortgage affects credit score,since that's my current goal

sooooo.... maybe a stupid question, but how do ya'll feel about staying at a hotel,any hotel right now? (this summer) I'm feeling unsure myself.... my thoughts being the possibilty of more exposure for my family, but also the thought that in order to keep a hotel open, people have to be working there,and that's a risky for them,since they don't really know who will be coming thru their doors..... I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone, but I'd love to hear some perspectives from you all... at this point we are still staying at home in general as much as possible, wearing masks if out at stores etc,so I'm thinking we'd be wearing a mask in hotel etc.

I just called in per the instructions on Doctor of Credit and was approved for the Amex Business Platinum Card! 100k points for 10k spend......time to spend some money.

Call took about 9 minutes.

So it looks like I will have to use that Dell credit right away....can you buy XBOX gift cards?
I asked about this and was told yes but haven’t done it.

I just called in per the instructions on Doctor of Credit and was approved for the Amex Business Platinum Card! 100k points for 10k spend......time to spend some money.

Call took about 9 minutes.

So it looks like I will have to use that Dell credit right away....can you buy XBOX gift cards?

I see there are some Switch games / Switch controllers.....will probably just do that to be safe.

Sure can. Cashback usually tracks too. Too bad Top Cashback is only at 4%, but at least there's the $3 @happ reported. Ordering something physical, I would worry about a delay in shipping (charge won't post until it's shipped). Even with the GC, I wouldn't cut it too close. I've had them inexplicably canceled.

Don't forget the cell phone and shipping credits too (I've been buying stamps..).

Last edited:
sooooo.... maybe a stupid question, but how do ya'll feel about staying at a hotel,any hotel right now? (this summer) I'm feeling unsure myself.... my thoughts being the possibilty of more exposure for my family, but also the thought that in order to keep a hotel open, people have to be working there,and that's a risky for them,since they don't really know who will be coming thru their doors..... I'm not trying to be offensive to anyone, but I'd love to hear some perspectives from you all... at this point we are still staying at home in general as much as possible, wearing masks if out at stores etc,so I'm thinking we'd be wearing a mask in hotel etc.
DH was gone last weekend and opted for an airbnb instead. I don't feel terribly about a hotel stay, we usually don't have housekeeping in, so it is still not a lot of contact.

I'm sorry all your hard work got flushed.... but hopefully there's next year for your visit there! A road trip sounds fun to me right now, I'm itching to go somewhere different and I can't right now- FWIW, I've had anniversary trips of all types, from tent camping in a hurricane on Assateague,to an Alskan cruise,to cabins in Maine, to hotels in Maui,to Disneyworld for the weekend-.... honestly, this most recent one was the most...:sad2:
B/C my habit had become over the past years was to 'celebrate' by going somewhere as a family, somewhere fun and different..... and this year, it wasn't happening.
So we didn't do much, with the exception of me choosing a kitten (which I just love and I'm thrilled with) but it otherwise was just another day...
Show us your kitten!

Sure can. Cashback usually tracks too. Too bad Top Cashback is only at 4%, but at least there's the $3 @happ reported. Ordering something physical, I would worry about a delay in shipping (charge won't post until it's shipped). Even with the GC, I wouldn't cut it too close. I've had them inexplicably canceled.

Don't forget the cell phone and shipping credits too (I've been buying stamps..).

Thank you for the heads up on the shipping dates......they were months from now. I grabbed 2 Microsoft gift cards.

After our 2 recent hotels stays (Savannah, GA and Roanoke, WV) I can share you what they had in place:

Perry Lane: all staff wearing masks, no room service, no turndown or cleaning of room (unless specifically asked for), only 4 items + 1 special on dinner menu; half the tables in the restaurant were removed, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes left in room, strict enforcement of capacity limit on rooftop patio, hand sanitizer stations set up all over the hotel, plexiglass shield for staff at check-in; there's probably more but I can't recall

Stonewall Resort: room service was delivered to the room in bags and takeout containers (we couldn't eat in the restaurant with the dog), no servicing of rooms (towels would be delivered on request -- didn't matter to us as we were only there 1 night), all staff wear masks, no valet parking, no bellhops, hand sanitizer stations set up at all entrances, plexiglass shield for staff at check-in with reminder to sanitize before approaching desk

Overall I felt very secure with where we stayed and the precautions being taken.

I’m with you, I feel torn between the, they’re doing everything they can to possibly have everything as clean as they can camp, to the why take the risk camp. :confused3

We live in an area where mask compliance is 50% at best so i try to just stay home as much as possible. The planes and hotels don‘t bother me as much as the people at the location that I would be traveling to do. So since, all the places that we would possibly want to go are in places that are seeing increases we’re staying home. We were supposed to be leaving for Hawaii in two weeks.:sad:

Wow, there are some interesting updates on the Disney Parks Blog

I just got finished linking my November reservations in MDE so that I can reserve park days in November. I did receive an email from Disney today suggesting I do this, since I have an annual pass and reservations.

I was surprised that I would have the opportunity to do park reservations this far out - on June 22nd. Wasn't expecting it and glad I paid attention to the email.

After our 2 recent hotels stays (Savannah, GA and Roanoke, WV) I can share you what they had in place:

Perry Lane: all staff wearing masks, no room service, no turndown or cleaning of room (unless specifically asked for), only 4 items + 1 special on dinner menu; half the tables in the restaurant were removed, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes left in room, strict enforcement of capacity limit on rooftop patio, hand sanitizer stations set up all over the hotel, plexiglass shield for staff at check-in; there's probably more but I can't recall

Stonewall Resort: room service was delivered to the room in bags and takeout containers (we couldn't eat in the restaurant with the dog), no servicing of rooms (towels would be delivered on request -- didn't matter to us as we were only there 1 night), all staff wear masks, no valet parking, no bellhops, hand sanitizer stations set up at all entrances, plexiglass shield for staff at check-in with reminder to sanitize before approaching desk

Overall I felt very secure with where we stayed and the precautions being taken.
This makes me feel better about my parents stopping on their way down. We were worried about them stopping at a hotel but it’s a 20 hour drive so they don’t have a choice

I'm sitting in a Holiday Inn right now. Mixed feelings.
-Plexiglass at counter, but there are two workers checking people in simultaneously so I was a foot from someone at check in.
-Second floor so took elevator with bags, we waited for an empty one. You can't maintain distance in an elevator. We'll be using stairs until we leave.
-My friend was told breakfast is grab n go of yogurt and Danish. I was told there would limited options of yogurt, pastries and cereal. We'll grab something tonight, we don't always do breakfast anyway.
-Pool is open, haven't been down there.
-There are distance markers everywhere, not sure it matters though.

This softball complex has always taken CC in the past so I didn't stress over money, today they are cash only. I didn't have enough for 2 weekend passes so I paid for day and they stamped hands instead of using bands. I'm so frustrated, they've raised gate fees and ump fees. I will be contacting them to let them know my thoughts. They are enforcing their mask requirement either.

So, for DVC members here - as some of you know I was at Hilton Head Resort when it closed in March.

The last two nights of my visit were canceled and my points returned. The points used for the original 165 point reservation were 2018, 2019 and 2020. 60 points were returned the day I left. This was initiated by the resort at my request since I knew I would have to deal with them. And just an FYI, people have always said don't let the resort get into your account as in stuff gets messed up. I've had resorts in my account when I wanted to change things multiple times and haven't had a problem, so wasn't concerned.

The 2018 points were left in my 2019 Use year with an expiry date of Sept 30. 2020 points were returned to 2020 and 2019 points were banked into 2020.

So, twice, I booked a reservation with the intention of selling it. Twice I canceled based on the info given by DVC.

At some point someone (MS) went into my account twice and changed things, moving points to 2020. I made no calls. Eventually I had 1 lone point left in 2019 after my banking window.

Checked my account today to get my reservation numbers to link my November trip in MDE. The 1 point had been moved to 2020.

So, I did what I should have done in March and researched my points and what years I used and what resorts, etc. I have 4 resorts so it can get a little confusing. Turns out that out of the 160 points, I only had 12 from 2018. That meant that they should have been used during the actual 4 nights I stayed at Hilton Head. And the remaining 2019 points should have been available to bank into 2020 to begin with, but, what's interesting is that somewhere at Member Services, somebody is busy checking stuff without being nagged by the owner about 12 points or even 1 point and setting things straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter