HUGE Mystery at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo

Not to mention that at previous vacations they've had celebrities show up. That ain't cheap either.

I imagine it's pretty easy with 48 people in your group. Plus all of the following definitely ain't cheap:

Two personal Magical Express Buses
Renting out an entire floor at AKL
Having full run of a park (each park, MK twice) after it closes and having it fully functional for just your party for 4-5 hours
Closing down a signature restaurant early and having a special menu for 48 prepared personally by the head chef (3 times)
Having a full choir serenade your group upon arrival
5 dedicated Tour Guides for your group from 8AM-2AM

As you can imagine not only does WDW charge extra for this, they REALLY charge extra.

All that happened???

How many rooms are on a floor at AKL?

The choir, buses, and tour guides seem almost normal. The rest fall under the "you got to be kidding me" category.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I miss out on the experience when we FastPass rides, because we miss the queue. I think I would dislike being in empty parks and restaurants. It's fun experiencing Disney in the crowds and excitement with people from all over the world! We have had so many great memories with people we randomly interacted with, or sat on a ride with, or watched fireworks with! I would TOTALLY miss that!!

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like I miss out on the experience when we FastPass rides, because we miss the queue. I think I would dislike being in empty parks and restaurants. It's fun experiencing Disney in the crowds and excitement with people from all over the world! We have had so many great memories with people we randomly interacted with, or sat on a ride with, or watched fireworks with! I would TOTALLY miss that!!

I agree. But think about being able to do that all day and THEN at night have the whole place to yourself. It's not like it's an either or, they are doing both.

I can't fathom the cost.......just unbelievable.

I can't either. Because to do this, they don't just charge nightly rate x number of rooms X number of nights. They add on a very large premium in order to book out an entire floor.

HOLY COW....now that's a proposal! I wouldn't mind being serenaded by Newsies and Jeremy Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awwww no kidding!!! Now that is some Pixie Dust! Though I am sure the actors were more than happy to help out...

regardless of how much money this family might have, I'm still a romantic sucker for a good proposal...

HOLY COW....now that's a proposal! I wouldn't mind being serenaded by Newsies and Jeremy Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know who Jeremy Jordan is, so it wouldn't have affected me. Also not a fan of spectacle proposals. I hope these folks are all gone by the time we visit WDW, I was hoping to spend some time at AKL.

:worship::worship::worship:Thought the Board might find this funny...my family has been collecting beads all week at AKL by participating in the daily scheduled activities that involve culture of Africa. Last night we did the African drum lesson. It was fifteen minutes long. A party of four from the "millionaire family" showed up just as we were saying goodbye to the instructors. The "family" had a mom and her three kids (we recognized them from the grand entrance in the lobby earlier). The "family" sat down and started banging the drums for the class, and the sweet instructor from Botswana said, "I am sorry, you arrived too late, and the lesson is over." The family seemed confused and remained seated. The instructor said again, "if you want to participate in my class, you can come back tomorrow, guys, sorry." The family seemed very surprised that she would not accommodate them and left. Would it have been different if the instructor knew that she turned down THE "family" ? Should the instructor have bent the rules and started a new class? so money can not buy you EVERYTHING in Disney....
Wouldn't it be nice if the kids could learn that having money doesn't get you everything???

Well, now I know what I’m going to do with my millions when I win the lottery.

I don't know who Jeremy Jordan is, so it wouldn't have affected me. Also not a fan of spectacle proposals. I hope these folks are all gone by the time we visit WDW, I was hoping to spend some time at AKL.

he was the star of Newsies on broadway, HUGE broadway star.....

Even if this did cost 6M (which I find hard to believe too, but I'm sure it's possible!), that is just pocket change for these folks. He is worth billions.

I think it's kind of cool, I would totally do something like that if I was worth billions :rotfl2:

I just hope nothing is taken away from other guests for use during their private events, but that seems to be the way of Disney now

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter