HUGE Mystery at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo

That's because the webmasters and I have removed all posts that mention the name. I'm sure no one here would want your family members mentioned by name in a post where others discussed/criticized what you did on vacation. :)

Gotcha. Felt like I was missing key info.

That's because the webmasters and I have removed all posts that mention the name. I'm sure no one here would want your family members mentioned by name in a post where others discussed/criticized what you did on vacation

Though there is no issue posting their entire itinerary, where and what they will be doing each day and how much they are spending? Seems like some employees have some loose lips and need reprimanded. If they aren’t public officials spending taxpayer money then its really no ones business unless they are closing parks early or impeding on paying guests vacations.

I still have no idea what family we're discussing here lol

That's because the webmasters and I have removed all posts that mention the name. I'm sure no one here would want your family members mentioned by name in a post where others discussed/criticized what you did on vacation. :)

Gotcha. Felt like I was missing key info.

Ah! I felt like I was having some kind of blackout! Makes sense now.

I respect your decision, but as far as I'm concerned they become public personalities once they are greeted with such fanfare and partake in such over the top and in your face activities. If they wanted privacy you bet they would have had it and no one would have been the wiser. Instead, their vacation has a "look at me spend my money!" feel to it. Which is FINE (and yes, I'm a bit jealous LOL) but they can't expect privacy while they flaunt their specialness.

I respect your decision, but as far as I'm concerned they become public personalities once they are greeted with such fanfare and partake in such over the top and in your face activities. If they wanted privacy you bet they would have had it and no one would have been the wiser. Instead, their vacation has a "look at me spend my money!" feel to it. Which is FINE (and yes, I'm a bit jealous LOL) but they can't expect privacy while they flaunt their specialness.
Totally agree. I see why the mods made that choice, but this family is begging for attention. I'm still scratching my head over blocking off the opening from 2nd floor to 1st floor. After that I half expected to have half of the Savannah blocked out for their private viewing. :rolleyes:

I agree that by them going out of their way to try and be some kind of royalty or celebrity that they want and enjoy the attention. I know some people like this in my own neighborhood. I personally don't care for it at all.

Definitely not jealous of them after reading who the head of this family really is and what he has done. Wouldn't want to even know them.

Though there is no issue posting their entire itinerary, where and what they will be doing each day and how much they are spending? Seems like some employees have some loose lips and need reprimanded. If they aren’t public officials spending taxpayer money then its really no ones business unless they are closing parks early or impeding on paying guests vacations.
I suspect CM who know the real number aren't talking to guests. I have no idea how accurate the 6 million dollar number is. Of course it affects other guests. Jiko is closed several nights.

Is it possible the family gives DISNEY a 6 million dollar
"budget" and Disney decides what to do.

Last edited:
Totally agree. I see why the mods made that choice, but this family is begging for attention. I'm still scratching my head over blocking off the opening from 2nd floor to 1st floor. After that I half expected to have half of the Savannah blocked out for their private viewing. :rolleyes:

Agree with this. Everything this family did screams, "Look at us! We've got millions and want to make sure everyone knows!" I can't fathom wanting to draw that kind of attention to myself and my family. You've got money, great. There's really no need to be so over the top about it. Blocking out the view to your floor? Why? This isn't a high profile celebrity. It's someone no one would look twice at, but the family seems to want to make sure that people do look.

But... uhhhh... the entire Trip Reports section of the DIS boards? ;)

But trip reports are posted by the person doing the vacationing, and they choose how much information is given out about them and their family and their plans.

This is a matter of resort staff giving up the name of a guest family to another guest (which they absolutely are not supposed to do), and that family then being criticized online by name.

Let's say you chose to have a private birthday dinner for a loved one at one of the Boardwalk restaurants, and invited a whole bunch of family and friends, effectively filling the restaurant. You all chipped in some extra bucks and arranged to have Mickey stop by. Guests who wanted to dine there, but couldn't, asked at the podium what was going on, and were told "Oh, it's <your name here>'s family having a big birthday party." Then those other guests went home and got on the Disboards and started a thread about this family that took over a whole restaurant, and was throwing their money around having characters at a birthday party, etc, and mentioned you by name. People started googling your name, and your family members, and posting about some run-ins with the law that one of your family members had.

I don't think many DISers would take kindly to that. And the only difference between that and what's going on at AKL is a matter of scale.

I've got no problem with discussion of the big blow-out vacation that a family is having. We just won't be posting that family's name.

Definitely not jealous of them after reading who the head of this family really is and what he has done. Wouldn't want to even know them.

Yeah, I did the same thing and feel much the same way. It's not that I have an issue with someone having the means to spend like that (though I am a more reserved person so I would not want attention drawn to myself, even if I had the same spending power to buy such treatment), it's how I feel about what the head of the family has done.

One thing I keep wondering is, did Disney have all of those decorations in storage already? Or do they produce such things more on the fly?

But trip reports are posted by the person doing the vacationing, and they choose how much information is given out about them and their family and their plans.

This is a matter of resort staff giving up the name of a guest family to another guest (which they absolutely are not supposed to do), and that family then being criticized online by name.

Let's say you chose to have a private birthday dinner for a loved one at one of the Boardwalk restaurants, and invited a whole bunch of family and friends, effectively filling the restaurant. You all chipped in some extra bucks and arranged to have Mickey stop by. Guests who wanted to dine there, but couldn't, asked at the podium what was going on, and were told "Oh, it's <your name here>'s family having a big birthday party." Then those other guests went home and got on the Disboards and started a thread about this family that took over a whole restaurant, and was throwing their money around having characters at a birthday party, etc, and mentioned you by name. People started googling your name, and your family members, and posting about some run-ins with the law that one of your family members had.

I don't think many DISers would take kindly to that. And the only difference between that and what's going on at AKL is a matter of scale.

I've got no problem with discussion of the big blow-out vacation that a family is having. We just won't be posting that family's name.

I agree with you about privacy ;) My earlier post on this topic was that a family at WDW is having their family vacation at WDW, in that respect they are no different from any of us. :)

However... if I threw a shindig of a birthday party that was large and lavish enough to fill up a restaurant at Boardwalk, PLUS Mickey wandering around? Oh I have no doubts that nearly every single person whose ADR was abruptly cancelled (half of whom were probably only informed of this fact while standing in line at the podium!!!!) is standing there in disgust, filming me and sharing it all with the DIS. hahaha

Or say, closing off the entire lobby area of Jambo House for a private performance of Lion King choral music? Oh I assure you that merits attention ;)

I agree with you about privacy ;) My earlier post on this topic was that a family at WDW is having their family vacation at WDW, in that respect they are no different from any of us. :)

However... if I threw a shindig of a birthday party that was large and lavish enough to fill up a restaurant at Boardwalk, PLUS Mickey wandering around? Oh I have no doubts that nearly every single person whose ADR was abruptly cancelled (half of whom were probably only informed of this fact while standing in line at the podium!!!!) is standing there in disgust, filming me and sharing it all with the DIS. hahaha

Or say, closing off the entire lobby area of Jambo House for a private performance of Lion King choral music? Oh I assure you that merits attention ;)
I think what would bother me is that they could be taking away from anothers enjoyment or as you mentioned an ADR. The do enjoy flaunting their money and reading further about them was an eyeopener....and not in a good way.

No worse than when we were at universal one summer and everyone had to leave at 4:00 because Rosie O’Donnell didn’t want to mix with the masses. And that wasn’t after hours. It was making all of us who paid for a full days ticket lose 7 or 8 hours of ride time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter