HRRR badly broken?

I am so upset about this. I haven't been to Universal in years and I was excited when this ride first opened and figured I'd eventually make it to Universal to ride it. But it looks like it won't be open for us next week.

We'll be there next week and I haven't told the kids thats its down. They did get to ride and buy their videos in December so I'm hoping they wont be too let down.

Any news? Is it still broken? Is ever likely to be fixed?!! So disappointed as missed the opening of the ride by a week and now looks like I may not get to ride this trip!
Debx:confused3

I'm going tomorrow for our last trip to US/IOA before our passes expire. I was looking forward to riding RRR because it's my favorite ride!!

so has Universal given any sort of indication of when the HR3 will reopen?

The ride is closed due to a safety alert memo from the manufacturer/engineers of the coaster. I was there Sept. 29th and they were testing the coaster, but could not tell if anyone was actually on it. Will be going this Thursday and will post an update.

Just read this information and shared it with my DD, 10. She has been trying to convince me to go back next summer just for this ride. We rode it many times in July and she loved it.

We live very close to BG Williamsburg. Everyone I knew was glad when Drachen Fyre was taken out. It killed my neck every time I rode it.

You know now that BGT is building the new Cheetaka coaster in the old main Skyway station, BGW should build a new Drachen Fire B&M style in the same spot where the original once stood.

I hear it's station is still there for storage.

Talked to a Universal Rep today and asked for any info. All she said, and could say, I might add, was that it was down for annual maintenance. I ask if it was normal for a ride to be down for now a month for annual maintenance, and she said no. Then she said you can kinda read between the lines here. :eek:

So i guess its that bad.

Just got back from Universal this weekend, and nothing was going on with HRRR. It just looked deserted. So sad, I was looking forward to riding it.

Great. It was down last December when I visited for the first time since it opened and I had hoped to ride it this December.

Wonder what this is costing them. We had planned on buying annual passes this month since between Harry Potter and HRRR, there was finally enough new to justify it again. Those plans are on hold and if they don't get this thing fully operational by January, it looks like SeaWorld Fun Cards for 2011. :)

When I contacted Universal to ask about any rides being out for service during my trip in January, I was told this ride will not be working.

wow so thats gonna be 4 months downtime at least then?

when are they going to admit this is more than just scheduled maintenance?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter