HRRR badly broken?

It's still not open yet, but they are cycling the cars while they are empty. Just listening to the cars being cycled, it sounds much smoother than it did before they shut it down for maintenance.

screamscapes update today says there are now rumours (only rumours!) that the problems are so severe the ride may even get removed.

Cant see that being true - I'm sure they'd just leave it shut for months and let the legal games play out before making that decision really.

:confused3

screamscapes update today says there are now rumours (only rumours!) that the problems are so severe the ride may even get removed.

Cant see that being true - I'm sure they'd just leave it shut for months and let the legal games play out before making that decision really.

:confused3

:headache:

On the DIS podcast they said it was a manufacter recall of the coaster.

It failed stress tests. :confused3

On the DIS podcast they said it was a manufacter recall of the coaster.

It failed stress tests. :confused3

Thats a hotly debated topic. The beginning of Sept, the manufacturer sent out a service bulletin, that the bars that couple the cars together, were not holding up as designed, and the fix was 2-3 months away.And if a operator found cracks, not to use the ride, until they were repaired per manufacturer specs. (short paraphrased version)Universal pretty much has said thats not the problem, and wont say what the issue(s) are.Though I wouldn be surprised if the ride does get removed with all of the problems they have had.

They do occasionally remove rides because of serious flaws, although that seemed to be a problem mainly with Arrow Dynamics coasters (they're out of business now). Google the Bat at Kings Island; I'm beiginning to worry that Rip Ride Rockit is the Bat of the South. Arrow screwed up one at Busch Gardens Williamsburg too although it ran longer than the Bat. Thus, removing a fairly new coaster is not out of the question.

(I'm restraining myself from saying once again, "They should have gone with B & M.")

They do occasionally remove rides because of serious flaws, although that seemed to be a problem mainly with Arrow Dynamics coasters (they're out of business now). Google the Bat at Kings Island; I'm beiginning to worry that Rip Ride Rockit is the Bat of the South. Arrow screwed up one at Busch Gardens Williamsburg too although it ran longer than the Bat. Thus, removing a fairly new coaster is not out of the question.

(I'm restraining myself from saying once again, "They should have gone with B & M.")

Ok, then I'll say it for you!

They should have gone with B & M

Ah yes, Drachen Fyre was removed from BG Williamsburg, I heard it was pretty rough.

As far as Universal possibly removing HRRR, I'm not sure, it's been a problem from the start apparently and hasn't had a great reception. I think the concept was good, but I would change a lot of things with it:

1.) Make it a more exciting ride
2.) The music should fit more closely with the coaster (that isn't too difficult to do if someone has free reign to edit the songs properly)
3.) They should have provided the full on-ride videos as links for youtube/facebook in order to get more people to be interested who view them
4.) I think the color combo wasn't the best (but that's personal preference)
5.) They were still missing some of the big effects they talked about for the ride.

I think if they changed two major things, it would make a huge difference.

1. Get the ride capacity up.
2. Make it smooth.

The ride itself is actually fun when you get a smooth ride. However, as it stands now, it isn't worth a long wait and it isn't worth the risk of a major headache when you end up in a rough car.

Saw on Twitter that HRRR has been removed from the cover of the park maps and replaced with the Simpsons. Dunno if it's at least still inside the map; will check when we go there for HHN tonight.

wow....

Well I am glad I had the opportunity to ride it... I always got a smooth car, and really enjoyed the coaster.... :upsidedow

They should have gone with B & M

and I will chime in and second (or third) that motion...

I will copy and paste it all.... :lmao:

Still closed I assume?

I wasn't aware until now, but apparently universal studios singapore is going through a kinda similar disaster with their Battlestar Galactica coaster. Its been closed since march after an order from the government there after the coaster had some kind of failure. Its a Vekoma coaster though.

Kinda extra embarrassing for universal to have two of its most popular rides closed for months over safety issues isn't it?

I think if they changed two major things, it would make a huge difference.

1. Get the ride capacity up.
2. Make it smooth.

The ride itself is actually fun when you get a smooth ride. However, as it stands now, it isn't worth a long wait and it isn't worth the risk of a major headache when you end up in a rough car.

I rode it for the first time in August and it was so rough I couldn't understand what everyone was raving about. If it's running during our next trip I'll try it again.

Ah yes, Drachen Fyre was removed from BG Williamsburg, I heard it was pretty rough.
I rode Drachen Fire only once but I liked it...I didn't think it was any rougher than any other coaster but I guess I was in the minority.

It's been taken off the front of the English park maps and replaced with the Simpsons, although the foreign language maps still have it shown prominently on the cover. I guess Universal figures if you need a map in another language, you probably don't speak English well enough to come in and complain to Guest Services. ;)

Either I've never had a rough ride or I'm not sensitive to it because every one of my 8 or so rides has been great.

I hope this gets fixed soon. Second year in a row its offline for HHN. :confused3

You're not alone...I rode it countless times and was very, very lucky because I never got a rough ride either. Once it was a little rougher than usual, but nothing spine shattering. Other than that, HRRR has been a baby carriage for me. I actually like it in row six because of the air and float time. Not close to my faves like SheiKra but not a bad coaster, and it was nice to have it so close to home. Row one was kinda cool too if you're a fan of the old Toboggan carnival ride with the straight-up lift hill. It makes me sad to see the Rockit standing quiet every time we're there for HHN (we get there early for Stay and Scream and would normally be catching a ride or to on it before heading to the pen).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter