HRRR badly broken?

anthony2k7

DIS Veteran
screamscape are reporting HRRR has been closed for a few days and whatever is wrong with it is so serious it will be closed for weeks.

anyone know anymore? is it even really closed?:confused3

I`ve just read the same thing....and wondered if anyone on here had heard anything more.

We leave 5 weeks tomorrow for Florida and so looking forward to riding it this year as last year it was either not running or the queue was 3 weeks long!!!

Would someone who has been to Universal Studios in the last day or two please let us know if they have been able to ride HRRR. Hate to hear it could be down for weeks since im going sooner rather than later.....

It has been down for maintenance the last 2 days. I haven't heard anything about it being down long term.

They have to have gotten some of their money back on this coaster, right?

I would think so, they couldn't open it on time for summer last year and even a year later it just seems to keep having problems.I saw what Lance wrote on Screamscape and it sounded like the actual details of the latest problem are not good.

I would think so, they couldn't open it on time for summer last year and even a year later it just seems to keep having problems.I saw what Lance wrote on Screamscape and it sounded like the actual details of the latest problem are not good.

Maybe they can replace it with a good coaster!!!! ;)

After hearing this DOOM,I have to lean towards damo's response.Tear it down.Better yet let B&M come and fix it the proper way!!

This coaster has been cursed from day one!!!:sad2:

From what i saw on sunday it was going really slow and struggling to go around the loops and so they kept delaying the ride. might be something to do with the magnets idk =o not so sure if it's up and running again but im sure it will be fixed back to it's awesome self again :>

From what i saw on sunday it was going really slow and struggling to go around the loops and so they kept delaying the ride. might be something to do with the magnets idk =o not so sure if it's up and running again but im sure it will be fixed back to it's awesome self again :>

Awesome self?

I hope it's working in two weeks when I go. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet. I'm not expecting much. The Mummy and Dragon's Challenge will make up for it though I'm sure.

is it still closed? screamscapes latest update gives more details - and if HRRR is still closed then it sounds like that does apply to HRRR.

Could be closed for months then? I'm not entirely sure I'd want to ride it right now even if it was open!

Devastated :sad2:

I've read about this ride for so long, and can't believe that I'm not going to be able to ride it for at least 2 more years, until we can afford to return.

Devastated :sad2:

I've read about this ride for so long, and can't believe that I'm not going to be able to ride it for at least 2 more years, until we can afford to return.

We are in the same boat as you. We were there just a few months before it opened last year, now shortly after closed down. It was really one of the things we were looking forward to doing. Oh well, from some of the reviews it looks like we arent missing out on much. At least thats what we will keep telling ourselves.

Screamscape got his hands on a technical service alert from Maurer Sohne which was released this month that reports that, "the ‘coupling bar’ between the cars on all of the X-Car / Sky-Loop train systems are “not fatigue endurable. In other words, they are showing signs of stress that could lead to a possible failure". Screamscape is reporting the following quote from the maker's technical advisory:

"As such, Maruer will be redesigning the parts and offering up the fix in approximately 2-3 months. “Any operation of the Sky Loop or X-Car Coaster with tandem train must be immediately and strictly stopped until the examination has been evaluated!” So… the ride’s shut down for the short term at least because of this alone. “If you find any cracks (no matter what size or type) on the checked locations or any other irregularities, the system must be shut down immediately in order to prevent serious accidents prosing a danger to health and life of persons.”

This is terrible! Although, I can't help but wonder if they will run the ride if they do NOT find any cracks in the specified locations. Although, from the warning, it seems pretty risky to run the coaster anyway... :confused3 :sad2: :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter