HRRR badly broken?

wow so thats gonna be 4 months downtime at least then?

when are they going to admit this is more than just scheduled maintenance?!

Don't count on that announcement.

We just returned last night - not sounding so good.

We rode it in march & I didn't like it that well. It was Ok, but not worth the long waits. We had stayed on-site for the Express Pass benefit & it still wasn't on Express. The music worked when we rode it but the pictures & videos weren't working.

When I contacted Universal to ask about any rides being out for service during my trip in January, I was told this ride will not be working.
Yeah...it looks like it's gonna be a long time. Personally...I think they should take the coaster out or modify the track in some way and let another company...one that knows what they're doing...come in and fix it. Enough with Maurer Söhne...they obviously are having major issues. :sad2:

Yeah...it looks like it's gonna be a long time. Personally...I think they should take the coaster out or modify the track in some way and let another company...one that knows what they're doing...come in and fix it. Enough with Maurer Söhne...they obviously are having major issues. :sad2:

There are so many drawbacks to this coaster that I would love if they would replace it with something with a much greater capacity. I'm not holding my breath though.

We were at Universal last December, and I was hoping to ride the thing. We stood in line about 40 minutes and, when the trains stopped running, left the queue. I wish now we had stayed, because it never ran again during the three remaining days of our visit. That was the biggest disappointment of our trip.

Well, of course HRRR won't be open for my trip in early December. I don't care whether it's the best coaster out there, I was still looking forward to riding it because I don't get many chances to ride ANY rollercoasters my six year old can't go on.
I have missed many thrill rides over the past decade because I was pregnant (only trip to Busch Gardens) or planned the trip around the kids. Last year I was looking forward to RnR at DHS, only to abandon my plan because I was rushing around doing everything the kids wanted to do. This year, DH and I had the chance to spend a kid-free day in Florida and were going to do US. I didn't want to do IoA without the kids because they love Harry Potter and Dr. Suess. We'll probably go to IoA next year.
I know there's plenty more at US, but I was looking forward to HRRR. Is it really worth the money for one-day tickets now?
I wonder how this will affect the crowds after the HHN events are over?

We don't actually know that it won't be open in early December. There is no announcement one way or another on a time frame.

I was so disappointed when this was down last year when I was there. I was considering taking a day in December to go just to ride this coaster, but not now. Bummer.

I cant believe that its been closed this long without a more detailed announcement from Universal. OK, actually I can believe it - but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

I know there was no official announcement about exactly why it is down.. but I am really starting to think it is because of what the manufacture said.. I think it is showing the signs of wear only after being opened a year. I could be way off base by saying this.. but what other reason could it be down this long for? I just wish Universal would come out and give the guests a reason, or at least an update on how the "repairs" are going.

I know there was no official announcement about exactly why it is down.. but I am really starting to think it is because of what the manufacture said.. I think it is showing the signs of wear only after being opened a year. I could be way off base by saying this.. but what other reason could it be down this long for? I just wish Universal would come out and give the guests a reason, or at least an update on how the "repairs" are going.

I totally agree :thumbsup2

I'm not understanding why they don't say anything ... :confused3

Hurray! So there IS hope that we may actually be able to ride, during our December trip!

I'm a big fan of coasters, but I hate going upside down. HRRR seemed right to my taste (since I've heard it doesn't go upside down), so I was disappointed when it seemed I wouldn't get to ride.

The part in the beginning that goes straight up in the air - is that fast?

Hurray! So there IS hope that we may actually be able to ride, during our December trip!

I'm a big fan of coasters, but I hate going upside down. HRRR seemed right to my taste (since I've heard it doesn't go upside down), so I was disappointed when it seemed I wouldn't get to ride.

The part in the beginning that goes straight up in the air - is that fast?

It's not so much "fast" as it is "quick", if that makes sense. It only takes a few seconds to make the climb. That, imo, is the "scariest" part of the ride.

I was disappointed not to have gone on this ride as we went last week and it was closed, we took pictures of it but people were saying they were waiting until after HHN to open it as the hugh amount of people would put a strain on it, but i'm glad to heard its opened now just abit late for us. :sad1::sad1::sad1:

This coaster has been a miss since it opened... I sure hope they either get it fixed.. or start over..

We rode it today, it was ok but nothing special. The good thing was that it was only a 5 min wait as I think it had just opened, but the Q's will go fast as it has a moveing platform and think 3 sets of cars so they do not come to a complete stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter