How to know if someone is vaccinated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm telling you, facial recognition linked to a vaccine database. They are probably working on it now.

I saw a story about a company that is creating bracelets you can wear. They reminded me of medical bracelets. Hmm, my first thought was 'another hot commodity on the internet??' I hate that my first thought was the fraudsters out there

:rolleyes1Funny I feel the opposite will be the ones to loudly proclaim they are unvaccinated.
Yeah, if someone is quick to tell someone else they are vaccinated it's probably to inform them so they can feel more comfortable around them. If someone is quick to tell everyone they are unvaccinated it's some sort of weird brag about how no one can tell them what to do.

I live in Louisiana. We have an app called LAWALLET. It has my digital driver's license and on the "covid-19" tab after you click it, it shows "vaccinated" inside a green bar and the effective date (2nd dose), min is 2.9.21 and time since date-3 months 1 week (next week it week say 3 months 2 weeks etc.)

I had to Opt in for the vaccine status to be linked to my Driver's license on the app. The vaccine is report to the CDC, but also the state health units for vaccines.

We can use the app at most businesses in LA but not just yet for other states for for boarding planes.

So I have the tattoo ... so to speak. I have a smallpox vaccination scar. (One of the impressive ones, the kind you got from an injection gun!)

Seriously, though, ALL smallpox vaccinations, even the kind in the doctor's office, were done in such a way that they pretty much always left a scar; partly because as a "pox" disease, even the minor post-injection reaction always affects the skin. (This is not my arm; just an example photo.)

images

The thing is, the scar actually came to be appreciated in the days before the disease was defeated; as physicians knew instantly who had already been vaccinated; no records needed. It was mighty handy (and still is, in countries where smallpox is still a threat.

A brief history of the scars being used a proof of vaccination status in US public places: https://www.history.com/news/vaccine-passports-smallpox-scar

So I have the tattoo ... so to speak. I have a smallpox vaccination scar. (One of the impressive ones, the kind you got from an injection gun!)

Seriously, though, ALL smallpox vaccinations, even the kind in the doctor's office, were done in such a way that they pretty much always left a scar; partly because as a "pox" disease, even the minor post-injection reaction always affects the skin. (This is not my arm; just an example photo.)

images

The thing is, the scar actually came to be appreciated in the days before the disease was defeated; as physicians knew instantly who had already been vaccinated; no records needed. It was mighty handy (and still is, in countries where smallpox is still a threat.

A brief history of the scars being used a proof of vaccination status in US public places: https://www.history.com/news/vaccine-passports-smallpox-scar

There are no countries in which smallpox is still a threat.
Smallpox no longer occurs naturally since it was totally eradicated by a lengthy and painstaking process, which identified all cases and their contacts and ensured that they were all vaccinated. Until then, smallpox killed many millions of people.
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/smallpox
It's hailed as the pinnacle of vaccine success.

Though there have been some discussions of the possibility of biological warfare using one of the two stored stocks of virus (or, arguably, from some unknown stock).

Yeah, if someone is quick to tell someone else they are vaccinated it's probably to inform them so they can feel more comfortable around them. If someone is quick to tell everyone they are unvaccinated it's some sort of weird brag about how no one can tell them what to do.
Wry well put. I had a conversation with a friend last night and was having a hard time processing the things she said. She is vaccinated. Ran out and got it before it was get turn actually. Now she’s all about how we don’t even know what’s in it, she won’t wear a mask anymore, we were told to rush out and take it, etc. that’s her in a nutshell. Hates being told what to do. I didn’t bring up her grand daughters being at risk. Wasn’t going there.

I forgot what local business it was, but they had a sign up that said something about not having to wear a mask and just using the honor system. But T-shirts... heck yea! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter