How to know if someone is vaccinated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't particularly like needles, although I don't really mind them either, but if I have to decide between that tiny little 1 second experience and a breathing tube crammed down my throat, I'll go with the tiny needle every time.
People that aren't getting the vaccine aren't necessarily afraid of needles.

Why would those be the only options?
There is more than one, but that one makes all the others unnecessary and since a virus is an enemy you cannot see, you can't really defend yourself to a very high degree without it no matter what realistic alternative you come up with.

There is more than one, but that one makes all the others unnecessary and since a virus is an enemy you cannot see, you can't really defend yourself to a very high degree without it no matter what realistic alternative you come up with.
To me, saying "a needle in the arm or tube down the throat" is nothing more than a fear tactic. YMMV

To me, saying "a needle in the arm or tube down the throat" is nothing more than a fear tactic. YMMV
That's what you call it, I call it an expression of a reality that happened to thousands. You as an individual have no little on/off switch that will prevent you from needing it if your respiratory system is compromised. If that happens you damn well should be fearful unless you are a fan of not being able to breath on your own. That's reality, not wishful thinking.

I looked at my vaccine card the other day (J&J) and there's no date on it. Awesome. It does have a lot expiration date of June, 2021, but no administration date. Sigh.
I got the J&J in May - and my card has the date I was administered the vaccine, and no expiration date.
I will admit my primary motivation to get the vaccine had nothing to do with a fear of Covid, but was entirely about being allowed to remove the mask in public and get back to normal behavior...which still isn't all the way there yet as some places still require masks, but it's getting closer.

I don't particularly like needles, although I don't really mind them either, but if I have to decide between that tiny little 1 second experience and a breathing tube crammed down my throat, I'll go with the tiny needle every time.

This is just a stupid fear tactic. The vast, VAST majority of people are NOT ending up in hospitals from Covid. Those that are often have multiple co-morbidities. This kind of hyperbole is part of what people push back against when they say they don’t want the vaccine and it gives them a VERY easy “out” because it is so patently false.

This is just a stupid fear tactic. The vast, VAST majority of people are NOT ending up in hospitals from Covid. Those that are often have multiple co-morbidities. This kind of hyperbole is part of what people push back against when they say they don’t want the vaccine and it gives them a VERY easy “out” because it is so patently false.
As I have stated before it is a reality statement. If it seems fearful to you, perhaps you should be. Respirators are used to try and keep people alive if the respiratory system is compromised. I could have said "dead" instead because once it comes to that the next step is usually dead. Not a fear tactic it is a lesson in reality. Sorry to burden everyone with facts.

That's what you call it, I call it an expression of a reality that happened to thousands. You as an individual have no little on/off switch that will prevent you from needing it if your respiratory system is compromised. If that happens you damn well should be fearful unless you are a fan of not being able to breath on your own. That's reality, not wishful thinking.
So if I say "In a car, the choice is between wearing a seatbelt or ending up in the hospital.", that makes logical sense? If you don't wear a seatbelt, you may never get into an accident, much less end up in the hospital. Did tens of thousands end up on ventilators because of Covid? Yes. Did millions die (around the world)? Yes. Does that mean if you are around someone with covid, the same will happen? No.

So if I say "In a car, the choice is between wearing a seatbelt or ending up in the hospital.", that makes logical sense? If you don't wear a seatbelt, you may never get into an accident, much less end up in the hospital. Did tens of thousands end up on ventilators because of Covid? Yes. Did millions die (around the world)? Yes. Does that mean if you are around someone with covid, the same will happen? No.
I said that, my question is how do you know it won't happen. Are you magically endowed with a super power that makes you totally immune to it? If so, why are we even having this discussion.

I said that, my question is how do you know it won't happen. Are you magically endowed with a super power that makes you totally immune to it? If so, why are we even having this discussion.
I think the issue is that you originally insinuated that you either should get the shot OR you will end up on a ventilator. The reality is much different. Statistically, given the number of cases recorded to date, a person has a very very low chance of being on a ventilator if they skip the shot and instead get covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter