How to know if someone is vaccinated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i totally agree the card is rather hokey... but at least here in Mass... after I and the rest of my family received their vaccines we got emails with links to download our vaccine record... so not sure about all states or regions/clinics at least in my little corner of the world in Western Mass there is a more of an official record than just the little card. We all got our vaccines at very different places, but all of us got some sort of email with access to our records.

The whole process is not unlike a rabies vaccine/tag for a pet. You get a tag and a number assigned to a dose that the vet administers, the vet has a record... the state has a record... you have a record. The pharma company that made the vaccine has the records that go with those vial numbers. Same with Covid... your card and record has the ## linked to the specific vial you received. If there are reactions, they need to be able to link to what batch etc.

My mother: Regional clinic out of a church/parish
My husband and I: CVS
My kids: regional clinics/drive thru at the local community college

I can’t believe I need a drivers license and they’re gonna track me. Maybe I should just get a tattoo or wear a star. It’s my car and my right to drive it around. Doesn’t concern anybody else. Just avoid me and rely on your airbags. Let me make my very poor comparison thank you.

I can’t believe I need a drivers license and they’re gonna track me. Maybe I should just get a tattoo or wear a star. It’s my car and my right to drive it around. Doesn’t concern anybody else. Just avoid me and rely on your airbags. Let me make my very poor comparison thank you.

Yeah because a driver's license prevents someone from driving recklessly and causing accidents.

I have yet to see a single accurate analogy to the forced vaccines. But we don't need analogies. If someone is in favor of forced medical interventions because a person may be a disease carrier and spread that disease to someone else, own that opinion. I don't see the reason to grasp for weak and false analogies.

If someone doesn't have a license, they don't get to drive a car. If someone doesn't have the shot du jour the government says we all need, they don't get to have a card saying they have had the shot du jour. I guess businesses will decide if they are allowed to enter their business, be employed there, or attend their school. And legislators can make a law permitting this or not.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd pop in here to let everyone know that I woke up this morning free from polio, not itchy with measles, and not coughing up a lung thanks to diphtheria (pertussis? whichever one makes you cough).

My kids also don't have any of those ailments, and I am confident they won't catch them in school today because all of their classmates are required to be vaccinated, with few exceptions.

THANK YOU VACCINES!

Just thought I'd pop in here to let everyone know that I woke up this morning free from polio, not itchy with measles, and not coughing up a lung thanks to diphtheria (pertussis? whichever one makes you cough).

My kids also don't have any of those ailments, and I am confident they won't catch them in school today because all of their classmates are required to be vaccinated, with few exceptions.

THANK YOU VACCINES!

They both do but pertussis is Whooping cough - a lot more coughing than in diphtheria (though diphtheria is more deadly).

I am not sure if that was sarcastic or not but I was being facetious. I live in an area that is / was very anti-mask. I think we are actually 48% vaccinated here, but yet I haven't really seen anyone wear one.

If I was being sarcastic which I really really try not to be on here, especially this past year, I probably would have used this emoji. :rolleyes1

Around our small town we actually have even smaller communities which have possibly 70-100 people or less.......so having them all vaccinated could be doable. :goodvibes

But the little towns I'm probably referring to is a big no on the 100%. ;)

My town has about 20k, and I live in a very "anti mask" community. People weren't wearing them earlier anyhow.

So why not let your 12 year old drive the car?

I think a person's health history, including vaccination history, is no one else's business. That's why HIPPA rules don't allow anyone who works health care to ask anyone what their health history is.

So your children being vaccinated is not the school's business? Oh yeah that's right

This is such a stupid topic. For decades now we have gotten vaccinated so that we don't die or become seriously ill. If we have an affectious disease we do it also to stop us from spreading it. There is a good chance that in any of these situations you or someone you know will not get sick. Not everyone got the black plague, not everyone got polio, not everyone got smallpox, but doesn't it seem a little foolish to risk life and good health over a simple vaccine or the attempt to prevent someone else from catching it from us. A minor little shot that can easily prevent us from that illness seems like a no brainer. Someone told me last week that they weren't getting the vaccine because they don't like needles. Guess what? Both her arms were covered with tattoo's. I told her to come up with a better excuse. So something that simple AND FREE can prevent you and others you come in contact with from getting sick, isn't it a little silly to decide you don't need it. As soon as anyone can tell me that those 580,000 dead that died from Covid wouldn't jump at the chance to get it now if they could. Let's get wise instead of belligerent.

Yeah, I just hope they're able to get it together enough to allow us to comply with other countries' vaccination requirements. Because right now, I fear that the politics around the vaccine will create a situation where Americans are unable to get the sort of digital verification that will be needed for international travel in the near term.
I went for a physical last week, and the doctor said he could see the shots in my state health record along with my immunizations.

The card you got is basically a pdf, most of our state pod vaxxed centers where basically signed by health department worker, lot number and date, your name.
Anyone can make these forms extremely easy to fake, heck durning the pods the database of data entry would go down too. Such horrible data keeping. People that showed up but not in the system if they had shots where given shots and possibly database entry later.

I looked at my vaccine card the other day (J&J) and there's no date on it. Awesome. It does have a lot expiration date of June, 2021, but no administration date. Sigh.

Someone told me last week that they weren't getting the vaccine because they don't like needles. Guess what? Both her arms were covered with tattoo's. I told her to come up with a better excuse.
Okay I do agree with you on this one but for a different reason. They may not like needles and that actually be true but they put up with them enough to get the tattoo (although there are tattoos that don't use needles but those are easy to spot the difference) and depending on the tattoo it could be hours and then days worth of tattooing so if they are able to put up with it for that then they shouldn't use the reason why a small needle for literally a few seconds is their objection to not getting it.

I looked at my vaccine card the other day (J&J) and there's no date on it. Awesome. It does have a lot expiration date of June, 2021, but no administration date. Sigh.
J&J had an expiration date because of it's other problems, that one just might end up to be an active one for years. Only time will tell. It doesn't really need an administration date the important thing is that it was.

Okay I do agree with you on this one but for a different reason. They may not like needles and that actually be true but they put up with them enough to get the tattoo (although there are tattoos that don't use needles but those are easy to spot the difference) and depending on the tattoo it could be hours and then days worth of tattooing so if they are able to put up with it for that then they shouldn't use the reason why a small needle for literally a few seconds is their objection to not getting it.
I don't particularly like needles, although I don't really mind them either, but if I have to decide between that tiny little 1 second experience and a breathing tube crammed down my throat, I'll go with the tiny needle every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter