How to get to the front of the line (includes Universal Express information)

? for any onsite guest that has been recently. Did you have to wait an hour to ride the same ride with your key? How long are the regular lines?

thanks!

We were there on Nov.1-3 and used the FOTL with our room card several times in an hour on MIB. We rode MIB and then got off and then walked back on through the FOTL right after we got off. We were never told that we couldn't and didn't know that we weren't supposed to. In fact the person looking at our cards was joking with us about being addicted. Also the guy loading the cars was teasing my son by stealing his Hard Rock Cafe cap everytime we went through the line. They knew my son by name.

The next day when we went back and hit MIB several times in a row, they still remembered by son and kidded him about changing his shirt and they wanted one like it. (He had on a shirt with a picture of a can on Spam on it.)

Bev

Does each member of your party get a room key? Lets say you have people stating in your room, all different ages, how does that work?
Thanks, Lynn

When we stayed at Hard Rock in 2000, there was me, DH, DS15 and DS9 and we all had our own room key cards. But at that time, we only had to show one key card to get Expressed. Now I hear everyone in the party has to have and show a key card in order to be Expressed. If you have people staying in your room that are not listed on the ressie, they will not get a key card and will not have Express access. Even the kids get a key card if they're on the ressie.

Since the beginning of this thread goes back to the dawning of Universal Express, and I know that it has changed over the course of it's short life, Could you please detail the attractions that have the Universal Express option. Is it used similarly to Fast Pass at WDW? If not, how does it differ.
Thank you

Originally posted by iNTeNSeBLue98
Since the beginning of this thread goes back to the dawning of Universal Express, and I know that it has changed over the course of it's short life, Could you please detail the attractions that have the Universal Express option. Is it used similarly to Fast Pass at WDW? If not, how does it differ.
Thank you

I think the info is still accurate that is listed here. We were there Memorial Day and worked like a charm. We stayed onsite at the HRH. Every ride we went on had Universal Express. Most rides were a walkon for us. The longest we waited in the UE line was maybe 15 minutes on Sunday for the Hulk around 1 in the afternoon.

My biggest issue I thought was US is selling ticket booklets for I believe $15 non onsite guest that has a single UE ticket for each ride that has UE priviliges. The biggest issue I had with this is most of the UE machines were out of tickets very early in the morning because they couldn't make the line very "express" if they had resort guest, ticket book purchasers, and machine ticket holders all in the line. The free ones from the machine seemed to be very low.

Staying on site is the way to go. I am not sure about whether you can ride the same ride more than once an hour with UE resort keys because we just switched between rides. We rode MIB 4 times one day but not in a row.

They definitely scan your room key at each ride so you can't use an expired room key.

The UE machines work like WDW Fast Pass. The best option though is the resort key option because you don't have to come back at a specific time. You just flash your resort ID at the UE line right then and there and you are on. No coming back 2 or 3 hours later.

Does anyone know the details on the kodak offer in the Max underwater one time use cameras? You get a Universal Express Pass with 3d image of hulk/spiderman, good for express access to rides in both parks? Is it a one time, one ride pass, or good all day, and wouldn't that be the same as the resort passes?

Originally posted by dsanner106
Does anyone know the details on the kodak offer in the Max underwater one time use cameras? You get a Universal Express Pass with 3d image of hulk/spiderman, good for express access to rides in both parks? Is it a one time, one ride pass, or good all day, and wouldn't that be the same as the resort passes?

It is a one time, one ride pass for one person

What if we have purchased passes in advance? Are we still eligble to get the passes?:confused:

Do you mean that you purchased your park tickets in advance?

If that's what you're asking, then yes, you can still get the Kodak Express Pass booklet.

You're supposed to show your admission ticket when you turn in the 3D card to obtain the booklet, but reports from recent park-goers say they don't even ask to see your ticket. They just take the Kodak card and give you the booklet.

Yes, I meant we purchased tickets in advance, but it may not matter as I can't seem to locate a Kodak camera with the pass in it in my area! Thanks!

Several people, me included, found the camera at CVS, which is a pharmacy store.

Target and WalMart also carry the camera. You can try WalGreens too if they have one of those near you.

You can ask at the stores near you when they'll be getting the new cameras in. Some have been told to expect shipments of new cameras this month.

Target has these cameras on sale this week for 8.24, a really great deal, so try to pick them up during the sale.

Drew

Thanks for the info~~still no luck locating the specially marked cameras..have been most places at least twice..everyone at the stores are clueless..oh well, I still have 2 weeks to find them!

Can you purchase more than one camera and get more than one express pass?

i purchased a kodak water and sport camera about a month and a half ago and put it aside without even looking at it. I purchased it because after our 3 days at universal/IOA we're going on a 5 day cruise to the cayman islands and Cozumel. Well tonight after reading this post, I decided just for the hell of it to go and look at my camera and lo and behold, it contained a "universal express ride access pass" inside. I couldn't believe it! That just about made my night. What a coincidence that turned out to be. Good luck to all in your search!! nina

I got three of these cameras at Target on Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter