How to get to the front of the line (includes Universal Express information)

On most rides, single rider lines open when the regular wait is at least 30-45 minutes long. MIB's single rider line tends to stay open until the ride is nearly a walk-on. I've personally never seen MIB's single rider line close, although it is possible that it will close sometimes too.

With September being a slow period, I would suspect most single rider lines are rarely open.

With September being a slow period, I would suspect most single rider lines are rarely open.

Oh that's for sure!!!

I've never seen the single riders line closed either, although, sometimes they take the sign down, and if you tell them you're a single rider, they just point you to the door when it's the Express entrance too. I've always gone at even the slowest times and have always used single rider at MIB...but it's not always "advertised" either, is what I'm saying. :)

The kids and I waited in Spider man's single rider line for 30 minutes...THAT was a busy day!!!!
What I don't understand is why that single rider line isn't open sometimes even when the wait time for the ride is in excess of 30 minutes.
Some of us are a little spoiled, after all! :rolleyes:

Karen

Originally posted by nWo_Thunder
Next you'll say they don't close down all the Express passes when the parks are not crowded.

Mike
they dont close express, even when the parks arent crowded. they did last year, becuase of Sept. 11. They brought it back becuase they spent so much money on advertising it, that they opted to keep it, even during the slow seasons.

MsDisney and MIB999999 seem to ride it very often and they talk about the MIB single rider lines a lot. Rocketman23 and Robert Walker frequent the park very often as well. As a matter of fact, they are locals.

So to these people who ride MIB a lot, how many times have you seen the single rider line open?

My guess would be that the MIB single rider line is open quite often. Now I am not denying that the single rider line can close, it seems more often than not that it is open.

Why can the single rider line close?

1.) The ride breaks down (the regular line can close too)
2.) The single rider line is way too long
3.) ?Other reasons?

When the parks are not crowded they don't use express pass distribution systems. They shut them off and cover them up.

You are guranteed a 15 minute max wait time using Express Pass. If the ride has a 5 minute wait there is no need to get an express pass and the system shuts down.

If you don't believe that either Barry can explain it to you.

Mike

Universal Express generally stays open until all the tickets are distributed. I've seen 0-5 minute waits on the Car-O-Seuss-sel and there are still Express tickets available for it. Same goes for Triceratops Encounter, Dueling Dragons, etc. I've never seen the Express pass areas shut down because the park wasn't busy, but it may be possible.

At WDW, the wait for TOT was 0 minutes and the Fast Pass booths were still open. I didn't see one person get a pass, though.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5429

Here is a trip report from Barry from Nov. 19, 2000. He talks about both Express and the single rider line at Fearfall.

I know I moved here over a year ago, and the only way I've EVER gone into MIB was through the single riders line. As I said, there are times when they take the sign down, but if you tell them you're a single rider, they just point you to the hallway where the express line is, usually.

I think the confusion on Express is that the machines ARE often closed, but the Express for hotel guests doesn't close, or at least I haven't seen it close. But yet, there ARE times when there is no wait and they are open too. That definitely varies. Express itself doesn't close to hotel guests though. I don't think.

And while Universal advertises waits of 15 minutes or less, it's definitely not a guarantee, there were people who posted here this summer that they had waits in excess of 30 minutes and they were hotel guests. They try, but there is a limit to how much control they have over rides breaking down, etc. It's still a great perk!

Karen :smooth:

Within the realm of possibility, it is possible that the Universal Express machines will shut down when the park is empty. Have I seen this before? No, I haven't. It does seem reasonable that the Express machines will close when the park is empty, though. Like I said, the machines will close when all times have passed or tickets have been distributed.

I wasn't disputing your observations, nWo_Thunder. I was only saying that I've never seen that occur.

As this is turning into a fight, I am going to ask that these facts in dispute are now off-limits to futher discussion. I also ask that everyone please do not use words like "crap" in further posts.

Thank you very much.

I stopped by Universal on the way home from work tonight. As I was walking over to MIB I stopped and started talking to the greeter at BTTTF and he did tell me that they had the Express pass machines open today. From what I saw at 4:30 the park wasn't that crowded. I know that the person wasn't blowing smoke due to the guest that came up with the express pass in their hand.

On the fact that they close down the single rider line. They don't When I first got there they had a posted time on MIB at 15 min. I went through the Single rider line and saw that the actual line was about 5-10 min. I went through a second time and saw that there was no wait so I went outside to see if they shut down the single line and they still had it open. They had a 5 min wait posted but nobody was there for the ride.

I've never seen the UE machines covered up and not being used either. I know that in certain locations they don't open them up until later. I've seen them open the machines at DD before at 11am and I think they close about 2 hours before the parks close.

during the slow times, the express machines are open for very limited hours. like 10-3 or 10-4 or so. very short distrubition hours. even then, distribution is low. there's really no need for them. and the express line doesnt close becuase hotel guests can come around at any time. that's how it is at IOA. USF should be the same. should be...

System closed down at 2:30 and the park closes at around 6 that sounds about normal, by that time all the passes have been distributed for the day that is why they will shut them down.

There is a difference between closing Express and closing the express ticket distribution machines...isn't there?

There one in the same, if there is no express pass there is no express lane. At MIB the only line open was the regular line. Single Rider & Express were roped off.

Mike

Interesting....thanks.

When we were there, there was a time when we saw the Express Pass machines covered, indicating that you could not get an EP. But the actual Express lines were open, I guess for us onsite guests, because we went right on through.

I think that Robert Walker makes an excellent point! Anyway...I had the same experience that Aisling had, machines were covered and lines were open. I know this to be true since we used the express lines as hotel guests.

What keeps people from reusing old hotel key cards for front of the line access. I have seen them barely glance at the hotel cards people have and I just wonder if some people are using old cards. Just a wondering thought...

They look at the dates. Trust me. Besides, if they catch you using expired keys, they will take them away. You also risk being ejected from the park. You have been warned! :)

We were told by US that resort guests can only use FOTL once an hour. How can they enforce this if you're only flashing your room key to the line attendent?

Sometimes they only require you to show your keys, but at most of the rides/attractions, they have a handheld scanner that they swipe your card through, thus checking whether you have used FOTL at that ride more than once per hour. Unless things have changed since September, you can use FOTL as many times as you want in an hour at differenct rides, just not at the same ride more than once an hour. If you wanted to ride more than once in an hour, you could use your room key once and also get a Universal Express pass (like Fastpass at WDW). Hope this helps.
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter