How Many Countries Can You Visit in Two Weeks?! - DLRP and more! TR LINK!!!! Pg. 20!!

Oh wow, your trip is so soon!

First (most important) GO TO VICTORIA AND ALBERT'S (the museum, not the Disney restaurant). I LOVE that museum. Easily one of my favorite museums EVER (I have a list). Way better displays than the British Museum; I don't really like the British Museum because of how they "acquired" a lot of the exhibits (as much as I love the Elgin marbles...). The V&A jewellery collection is also pretty neat!

Okay, back to going more chronologically...

Can you use DVC points at DLP? Or what points were you using? I'm trying to convince my boyfriend that a perfect birthday present would be one of Adventures by Disney France trips followed up with some time at Disneyland Paris in the Disneyland Hotel. Expensive, but that castle is just so pretty! I love how they really played up the whimsy in DLP.

Yes you can use DVC points for DLP. You do have to pay the $95.00 fee. When we visited Paris 2 years ago we stayed on DVC points at the New Port Bay Hotel. We liked that hotel very much. The only downfall was that it is the farthest away from the parks. One of the nice things they had going on at the time was a free breakfast :love: We had no idea until we checked in so that was a very pleasant surprise.

Oh wow, your trip is so soon!

First (most important) GO TO VICTORIA AND ALBERT'S (the museum, not the Disney restaurant). I LOVE that museum. Easily one of my favorite museums EVER (I have a list). Way better displays than the British Museum; I don't really like the British Museum because of how they "acquired" a lot of the exhibits (as much as I love the Elgin marbles...). The V&A jewellery collection is also pretty neat!

Okay, back to going more chronologically...

Can you use DVC points at DLP? Or what points were you using? I'm trying to convince my boyfriend that a perfect birthday present would be one of Adventures by Disney France trips followed up with some time at Disneyland Paris in the Disneyland Hotel. Expensive, but that castle is just so pretty! I love how they really played up the whimsy in DLP.

My mother brought home a pair of (child sized) wooden shoes from her trip to the Netherlands; I loved those shoes SO much and was heartbroken when I outgrew them!

Totally stealing all your suggestions for touring this area, especially anything involving Tintin. I read all the Tintin books when I was a kid (haven't seen the movie yet!) and it would be so cool to see him in a museum!

There's a whole section in Harrods with tourist-y sort of souvenirs and most of them are relatively inexpensive (we spent a lot of time there!). When I was in London, we lived off of pub food and Pret a Manger - there was nothing else both cheap and decent!

I didn't really like the London Eye; it's a good Ferris wheel but there were so many lines to get on it! Kind of disappointing for the amount of time (and money) invested in the experience.

Okay, I'm glad that you recommend the V&A museum. That's exactly what I heard, that it was just better than the British museum.

I also figured Harrods would have something touristy. Haha. Everyone does, right? Good to know about the London Eye too. I'm more interested in the views than anything else, but if the lines crazy, I'm also not going to waste my time waiting around for it either.

Like my mom said below, you can use DVC points for DLRP. However, you can only use it at 4 of the resorts, and I believe that they have 7. They also charge the $95 non-refundable exchange fee because it's not DVC. The last time we went, they also used to tell you that you had to buy length of stay passes for your time, but this time they didn't tell us it was required. We bought them anyway, but buying length of stay passes won't always work if you're using the hotel as more of a hub and you're not going to the parks every day. I'm glad they changed that.

Yes you can use DVC points for DLP. You do have to pay the $95.00 fee. When we visited Paris 2 years ago we stayed on DVC points at the New Port Bay Hotel. We liked that hotel very much. The only downfall was that it is the farthest away from the parks. One of the nice things they had going on at the time was a free breakfast :love: We had no idea until we checked in so that was a very pleasant surprise.

I loved the free breakfast too! I love anything free....and filled with croissants and cheese. :goodvibes

It is getting closer!! I know you must be so excited!! The London stops look very cool!! :thumbsup2

We are all very excited to be going. Danielle and I bought some new clothes for all of us and put those aside especially for the trip :). May sound crazy to some people but we love to go on vacation with some new clothes.:yay:

I didn't know you were going to London on this trip too, yay! That's the only place I've actually been out of everywhere you're going! :rotfl: I loved London, it was so much fun, I went with my ex bf (this was obviously wayyy before I was married!) and we just ran around the city for 3 days (we went with his mom and grandmother, who are from England, so we had to go to other parts of England too, to see family, so we only had 3 days in London :() and I had SO much fun! I was obsessed with the Underground, almost the same way I'm obsessed with the Disney monorail! I'd love to go back there someday, I think Brandon would really like it! OMG and the fish and chips in England...that's all I ate while I was there! :cool1:

We are all very excited to be going. Danielle and I bought some new clothes for all of us and put those aside especially for the trip :). May sound crazy to some people but we love to go on vacation with some new clothes.:yay:

That is not crazy at all!! I bought clothes this weekend just for our trip next month!! (And if it is crazy, then I guess I am in good company!!) :goodvibes

That is not crazy at all!! I bought clothes this weekend just for our trip next month!! (And if it is crazy, then I guess I am in good company!!) :goodvibes

So glad to hear there are others out there who do that. We are for sure in good company then. :thumbsup2.

Yeah last night Danielle arranged our car service in London. It is just amazing the technology that we have today. She was chatting with the person while making the reservation. Who needs a phone anymore:rotfl2: Rick is so excited he always wanted to have someone meet us at the airport with our name on a placard waiting for us. Can you believe that once they designate a driver we will get an email with the driver's name and phone number. How great is that!!!:cheer2:

Ohhhh London! I'm so jealous and happy for you! When my family did our Euro trip we had to eliminate London, so I'm going to live vicariously through you. You have many of my must do's on your list :)

Congrats on 26, no, 21 days! :cool1:

Those pictures of London are fabulous. The London needle does look a tad intimidating, but I think I would have to try it and hope the fear went away once I was intrigued by the scenery.

It is getting closer!! I know you must be so excited!! The London stops look very cool!! :thumbsup2

I'm so excited. I'm just bursting at the seams over here. I just keep taking things a week at a time. Tomorrow, one week down and three(ish) to go

It doesn't sound crazy to me! Oh wait....that's because I'm the one you're talking about. :rotfl:

I didn't know you were going to London on this trip too, yay! That's the only place I've actually been out of everywhere you're going! :rotfl: I loved London, it was so much fun, I went with my ex bf (this was obviously wayyy before I was married!) and we just ran around the city for 3 days (we went with his mom and grandmother, who are from England, so we had to go to other parts of England too, to see family, so we only had 3 days in London :() and I had SO much fun! I was obsessed with the Underground, almost the same way I'm obsessed with the Disney monorail! I'd love to go back there someday, I think Brandon would really like it! OMG and the fish and chips in England...that's all I ate while I was there! :cool1:

Yeah, London was a last minute addition, because the flights were so much cheaper flying into there then it was anywhere else. I love anything Metro or Underground related, so it's super fun for me too! I loved taking the Metro in Paris. That was one of the most exciting things.

I'm so stoked to get fish and chips. I've been very....restricted in what I'm allowing myself to eat, so this is going to be like all bets are off! :lmao:

We are in good company! For me, buying clothes is like the icing on the cake for a trip. New clothes just make you feel so good. :goodvibes

So glad to hear there are others out there who do that. We are for sure in good company then. :thumbsup2.

I don't know if we should be worried that there are people like us out there.....:rolleyes1

Yeah last night Danielle arranged our car service in London. It is just amazing the technology that we have today. She was chatting with the person while making the reservation. Who needs a phone anymore:rotfl2: Rick is so excited he always wanted to have someone meet us at the airport with our name on a placard waiting for us. Can you believe that once they designate a driver we will get an email with the driver's name and phone number. How great is that!!!:cheer2:

It was cool just chatting with her on the internet and getting the reservation! I'm going to feel so bougie having a car pick us up at the airport with our name on the placard. Good thing I bought that necklace that says Bourgouis. :lmao:

Ohhhh London! I'm so jealous and happy for you! When my family did our Euro trip we had to eliminate London, so I'm going to live vicariously through you. You have many of my must do's on your list :)

It was a surprise, because London wasn't even on our list at first. But I think it all worked out in the end, and for the better. I get to cross another country off my (ahem...extensive) list.

Congrats on 26, no, 21 days! :cool1:

Those pictures of London are fabulous. The London needle does look a tad intimidating, but I think I would have to try it and hope the fear went away once I was intrigued by the scenery.

I know, 21 days!!!! :eek: I'm a little weirded out it's so close.

It does look a little scary to do the London eye, but I love stuff like that! I'm the weirdo that always says I'm bummed that roller coasters don't make me nervous. I miss the jitters!

Ahhh I'm sorry that I missed so much of your PTR!!! Your plans sound awesome! How interesting to be able to experience so much of your family's history! You must be so excited, your trip is coming up so soon!!! :yay:

Ahhh I'm sorry that I missed so much of your PTR!!! Your plans sound awesome! How interesting to be able to experience so much of your family's history! You must be so excited, your trip is coming up so soon!!! :yay:

The family history and being able to visit with them much longer this time is the best part for me. To be able to show and share all of my birthplace with Rick and Danielle is very exciting for me. I can't wait to visit the places that I went to on school trips. I know that Danielle will post all of it on the DIS once we get back:yay:

That's okay! It's almost getting to the good part now, which is the TRIP itself! :goodvibes

The family history and being able to visit with them much longer this time is the best part for me. To be able to show and share all of my birthplace with Rick and Danielle is very exciting for me. I can't wait to visit the places that I went to on school trips. I know that Danielle will post all of it on the DIS once we get back:yay:

I'm just happy to get out of here too. Seriously. I need to start running as fast as I can and never look back. :rolleyes1

Your London plans sound amazing!

Okay so what is Harrod's? Is it a high-end department store? Ugggh, fish and chips is a MUST please! That is one of my all time fav meals, if it is done right, and i'm pretty sure they know what they're doing there.

Your London plans sound amazing!

Okay so what is Harrod's? Is it a high-end department store? Ugggh, fish and chips is a MUST please! That is one of my all time fav meals, if it is done right, and i'm pretty sure they know what they're doing there.

Harrod's is the big she-she department store in London. Like, apparently they can choose NOT to let you in if you're dressed a mess. :lmao:

Fish and chips is my favorite too! OMG, when I was a kid, I used to eat it all the time. I am convinced that anywhere I decide to eat it in London, it's gotta be good!

Hi guys!!!!

I'm so sorry for my lack of posting / updates. My computer at home as been a poop, so I haven't been able to accomplish much. I am scheduling an appointment with the genius bar at Apple to see if they can help, because while I would love a new computer, I really don't want to pay the money...

But......

MY TRIP IS TWO WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!

That's right. In just two weeks we'll be out of here.

The updates I'll be doing coming up will be centered around:

Packing.....because I know you'll LOVE to see what I'm bringing. Maybe not, but I'm posting it anyway!

My new do. I have an appointment for my hair on Saturday the 23rd. I'm super excited. My plan is an all new me, color and cut. Maybe you'll be shocked.

Also, let me know your thoughts. Do want me to just continue the actual trip report on this thread when I return, or would you like a separate one? Let me know! I'm bouncing back and forth right now.

Also, another request from you guys. What part / country / visit are you most excited to hear about? Let me know, and I'll note all of them to make sure I get good pictures for you guys and good details.

Also, I'm thinking about vlogging too and posting those. Good idea/bad idea? Indifferent? I would love to know.

Now that I've bombarded you with so many questions.

DANCE WITH ME!!!!!

:dancer::jumping1:
:banana::cool1::yay::dance3::woohoo::cheer2:

I'm dancin!!!! Hooray for two weeks!

Hmm... I'm excited to see all of it, really. I think Belgium will be cool to see, and London as well. And CLEARLY Disneyland Paris! Yeah I'm basically excited to hear about all of it. Hahaha. As far as the actual TR goes, it might be easier for YOU to keep it all going on this thread instead of starting a whole new one, but it's whatever you feel like of course!

I personally would love to see videos or vlogs or whatever! Those are always fun. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter