How is Everybody's Garden Doing

Cogswel_Cogs

DIS Veteran
Not sure why my garden is blooming beyond belief. Maybe it was the fires in Canada but thinking I am gonna have record crop.
I have also made great efforts to rid yard of snails and slugs, they destroyed my lettuce, eggplant and cucumbers last year.

I am estimating 1000+ grape and cherry and 40 other tomatoes. I do not grow many regular tomatoes cause squirrels and or cats take or bite them.
100+ peppers
40+ eggplants
170 Cucumbers

Seeing more bees than last few years as well. Whatever reason don't think I have ever had this many tomatoes and cucumbers growing before July.

Last edited:
Mine wasn't doing anything, until we got some rain. Now my tomato plants have tripled in size in the last week. I have been picking lettuce like crazy. Beans, squash and cuke plants are all doing very well. I can't remember them growing this fast or as strong as they have this year.

Never bothered with a vegetable garden since the wildlife always seemed to eat the things our neighbors would plant. How well the various annual/perennial flowers/plants do relates to how early it gets warm, stays warm and how much rainfall there is. Some years it gets warm fairly early in the season but not much rain. Other times lots of rain but it hasn't yet warmed up enough for those plants to do well. This year has been a good combination of both so far.

Mine is sort of behind previous years, but is starting to take off. We had a cool spring, and we are just now starting to get weather in the 80s. I pulled my first cucumber yesterday and should have some zucchini in a couple days. I wonder how those will be--the squash on the plant showed up 3 weeks ago and would normally have grown in a few days instead of a few weeks. You can actually see where the weather changed--they're narrow on one end, but are growing normally now.

Eggplants have a few flowers, peppers are starting to set, and we have a bunch of green cherry tomatoes. I did make drunken noodles last night using garden basil, though. My Thai basil is way behind the regular, so I used Italian basil, and it was still delicious.

My garden is in the grocery store.
My garden is with the Mennonites! I go to their veggie sale every fall and get the most beautiful veggies I have ever seen. They are all healthy and clean and a little pricey,but worth it. I get enough green beans to can, and tomatoes too. They do all the work and I don't have to which is great. I tried veggie gardens before and was never successful. No green thumb! But my flower gardens are dong great!

All of my veggies are doing pretty well. Based on my space at my home in CA the veggies are in raised beds. Lost my first batch of tomatoes to the rain. My new crop is much happier.

My garden headline this year has been the banner year I’m having with my dahlias and roses. They are just nuts and beautiful!
7B14D07E-3C52-4B71-9698-60867BF22035.jpeg2A2DC2E2-D0A2-45DE-B5E8-E69F8ED270DC.jpeg60E62241-9B8F-4F41-A33A-22CA5237B29E.jpeg01F05FF1-D5E8-4856-8445-1883C0C727E3.jpeg2F92FB2A-F541-4357-9E0F-1B01DD7284CB.jpeg

Somehow, my tomato seedlings ended up with curly-top disease back in mid-May. I had to yank most of them out. I bought a few celebrity tomato seedlings to help offset that loss. I also started a second round of brandywine and sweet 100 seeds and those seedlings are starting to take off. The rest of the vegetables are doing great. Beans, cucumbers, and cantalopes are climbing, The cauliflower and cabbage are the best I've ever grown. Potatoes and peppers are blooming. I'll be harvesting and drying some herbs before long also. It's been soooooo drrrryyyyyy. I'm hoping the rain forecasted this weekend makes it to us. 🤞 My neighbor has been a bit noisy this summer working on his camper which has helped keep the "chunky animal who must not be named that eats everything" away.

On a side note, I don't grow corn because I normally buy fresh corn from the store to can a few pints. We did get a 4/$1 sale for this weekend, but it's limited to 8 ears. A sign was also posted that fresh corn was in short supply. Maybe that'll change before summer is over.

My garden has been sluggish with cool temps and the Canadian wildfire smoke but it really took off this week.

Tomatoes look fantastic I’m growing 37 kinds of heirloom tomatoes.
Peas are just about done
Cucumbers should be ready next week
Green beans have not flowered yet
Eggplants are in flower with one baby eggplant
Peppers were hit the hardest by the wildfire smoke. I had to replant a few, those are a little behind
Pumpkins and gourds are starting to flower.
Potatoes plants are almost as tall as me. They’ve never gotten this talk, hoping it’s a good sign

This is my tiny tomato, it’s a top hat, and is on my patio table. It’s tiny and loaded with tomatoes. It’s a conversation starter for sure!

IMG_9489.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter