Hot racking

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
Is there a way to have a continuous reservation where some of the guests staying in a villa are coming and going at staggered times? Or would it have to be booked as two separate stays?

Hypothetical example: My wife and I reserve two weeks in a 2 bedroom villa as one continuous stay. The first week we have 4 guests, then they depart. Then the second week 4 different guests stay.

Maybe, but I don't think so because some of the last set of guests (1 or 2 of them depending on the occupancy) could not be listed on the reservation.

You could probably get the front desk to issue extra key cards. Maybe the front desk could remove the first four and then add the last 4, but I would be very nervous about how they would do that without messing up the account. (I do not believe that most front desk CMS could handle the complexity - they've ben known to mess up accounts when making changes to points reservations. ). Of course, you would want to order a full housekeeping service between the change in guests.

I'm sure someone will chime in with actual experience.

No. There is not…but you can list as many as will fit and then ask the front desk to see about switching someone out.

No. There is not…but you can list as many as will fit and then ask the front desk to see about switching someone out.
So, just list nine of them and leave one person from the second group off the reservation. Then at the midpoint, when the first four leave, have the front desk take those four off and add the final person for the second group of four.

Is that how you would do it?

So, just list nine of them and leave one person from the second group off the reservation. Then at the midpoint, when the first four leave, have the front desk take those four off and add the final person for the second group of four.

This is what I think we would do - it's probably the simplest solution, but still requires the front desk to be involved at some point. But at least most members of the 'second group' would have access to the resort and could enter the resort (if driving) when they arrive.

Yes…and, unless one of the nights for the second group will be there for extra night hours or you are going to take advantage of early morning hours, I’d just worry about the one and not the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter