Ho... Ho... Ho... Doing Solo in December! Anybody else?

I'm not a huge gambler either, but Foxwoods has a nice indoor shopping area with restaurants and shows (I jumped on the webpage the other day and noticed Billy Ray Cyrus will be performing...Billy Ray!!!- Not a big fan of his, but it's pretty neat that he's still performing). It's the weekend of 01.16.09.

I'll be there solo (1st time!) Dec 13 - 20.....Getting excited/nervous. I can't decide about Mousefest since I'll miss so much...

I'll be staying at SSR and then switching to OKW.

If you see a despondant woman wandering around, stop and say hi. Its probably me.:scared1:

Jill, whereabouts in Vegas. . .there are a couple of us in Henderson. . .we chat a lot. . .

Take care. . .

I'm not a huge gambler either, but Foxwoods has a nice indoor shopping area with restaurants and shows (I jumped on the webpage the other day and noticed Billy Ray Cyrus will be performing...Billy Ray!!!- Not a big fan of his, but it's pretty neat that he's still performing). It's the weekend of 01.16.09.
Well, unless there is bad weather you can count me in as I just checked and I work the next weekend....:goodvibes

disneymiss, POP arriving Nov.28-29th then VWL Nov.30 -leaving Dec. 5th:cool1:

will miss you by a day...

Sorry I'm not going to have a chance to see everyone the begining of Dec.:( With the way everything is going at work, how hard it's been to find a room and the new offer that just came out I'm going to Reschedule my trip.
I'm booking Feb 5th to the 12th at Riverside Instead.

got your texts sorry will miss you this Dec. looking forward to having a live GPS but oh well I just have to call you form time to time when I do miss a turn :hug:

Another virgin Solo'er here! Don't know where I'll be staying yet (either WL or OKW), but it'll be December 4-8.

No ADRs yet, if anyone's lonely and wants dining company let me know. And I'll be at MVMCP on the 4th (and probably the 7th...)

hey!!! might see you on MVMCP on the 7th... there is a FAMILY meet at EPCOT on the 6th by JAPAN around 9 I think... and a FAMILY MEET also at OKW by Gurgling suitcase...

I am going Dec 13-19 and would love to meet some fellow dis members!!!

where will you be staying.... maybe a pool meet at POP on the 13th...

Hi! I'll be there Dec. 1-5 staying at Port Orleans.

-Ken

another one I will be missing by a day :sad:

I'll be there solo (1st time!) Dec 13 - 20.....Getting excited/nervous. I can't decide about Mousefest since I'll miss so much...

I'll be staying at SSR and then switching to OKW.

If you see a despondant woman wandering around, stop and say hi. Its probably me.:scared1:

scared never !!! OK PM me for anybody who wants to make a phone tree for this upcoming trip... but will be able to get to it come Sunday... getting ready/packing for an impromtu trip.. leaving tomorrow afternoon for Tarrytown, NY for training ... either that or be stuck in Miami for 2 weeks.. :faint:

I'll be at pop solo Dec 3-7 and then I'll be back with DH in late Jan and then solo again in March

woohoooo alot of trips lined up...

There are a lot of us planning on being there in Dec so look us up....If you want to meet us Sat evening for Illuminations we are planning on meeting around Mexico for Margaritas, coffee, whatever so check out Carries link for that

when is the margarita meet...

I never knew so many people traveled to WDW solo. I've been doing it for years....especially at Christmas time. Have to get into the Christmas spirit somehow. This year, it's SSR from December 8 to December 12.
:santa:
Also, I'm going in January after the Phillies (World Champions) Cruise. January 11-14 at VWL.

Anybody else gonna be there either time?

hi neighbor... I am flying out of PHL on the 6th... and will be at POP till the 14th.... unless *yes I am still hoping* my waitlist for AKV come through for me...

:santa: We will be at BW from 12/6-12/13:santa:

Donna!!! I am so looking forward in seeing you and RG again!!! Are we doing TOTY again ???? cmon.. you know you want too!!!!!:rotfl:

You should go to the Foxwoods meet, it will be lots of fun.
I am really looking forward to meeting more Disney freaks...(I feel like the only one in my neck of the woods who loves Disney)

:flower3: :hug: RA!!! I know I will make it to Foxwoods.. just dont know how days yet.... hopefully no more training by January... this new memo was just left on our lap last week... we are getting new instrumentation but supposedly by summer and unexpetedly showed up this winter....:headache:

I am so looking forward to this return to the world and meeting fellow DISers. Though, will head over to Universal, Wednesday morning, 10 Dec., for a go on The Simpsons ride.:earboy2: As that is the only attraction I'm interested in, I'll be returning to spend most of the day back in WDW.

I am so looking forward to this return to the world and meeting fellow DISers. Though, will head over to Universal, Wednesday morning, 10 Dec., for a go on The Simpsons ride.:earboy2: As that is the only attraction I'm interested in, I'll be returning to spend most of the day back in WDW.

I will be missing you by a couple of days... I am meeting my cousin and godson at US on the 8th!!!

Bummer! Won't see you at AK?! No Yak, Yak, Yak & Yeti lunch?:sad:

yak and yeti is on the 9th ???!!!! KJS ... EE then YAk and yeti... or did you guys changed it w/o posting new FYI ??? :confused3 Oh well...

Disneydonnam !!!! I will PM you my cell just in case the 9th got canceled...:confused3 I will still want to see you and RG !!!:hug:

yak and yeti is on the 9th ???!!!! KJS ... EE then YAk and yeti... or did you guys changed it w/o posting new FYI ??? :confused3 Oh well...

Disneydonnam !!!! I will PM you my cell just in case the 9th got canceled...:confused3 I will still want to see you and RG !!!:hug:
Oh, we will miss crossing paths at Universal because you're going on the 8th. But you'll still be at AK on the 9th.:thumbsup2

when is the margarita meet...

December 13th, 7:30pm, World Showcase, Mexico....We are going to grab a table drink Margaritas, (or coffee, soda, tea, whatever) and watch Illuminations!

That will be great. Thanks. I can't believe its in less then 3 weeks. Are you doing the mousefest?

That will be great. Thanks. I can't believe its in less then 3 weeks. Are you doing the mousefest?

nope.. no mousefest... did not have the time to read on it... not sure how it works... plus I know I will be to busy hugging the Castle :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

nope.. no mousefest... did not have the time to read on it... not sure how it works... plus I know I will be to busy hugging the Castle :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I keep going back and forth on it. I did receive some info and it sounds good but I made so many other reservations that I would have to start changing.

I keep going back and forth on it. I did receive some info and it sounds good but I made so many other reservations that I would have to start changing.

which one are you doing and how does it work...:confused3

Just go to a couple of meets that fit into your schedule, then. Not only is it NOT necessary to attend all the meets...it's not even POSSIBLE!

I think there's only a couple of must-do meets on my list. I want to meet the owners of all the websites and podcasters and book authors, so the MegaMouseMeet on Saturday, 12/13 from 11a-1p is important to me. You do not need to register for that (unless you go 1 hour early...then you must be registered). Just show up at the Yacht Club Convention Center at 11am. There will be people directing you to the different tables.

Just go to a couple of meets that fit into your schedule, then. Not only is it NOT necessary to attend all the meets...it's not even POSSIBLE!

I think there's only a couple of must-do meets on my list. I want to meet the owners of all the websites and podcasters and book authors, so the MegaMouseMeet on Saturday, 12/13 from 11a-1p is important to me. You do not need to register for that (unless you go 1 hour early...then you must be registered). Just show up at the Yacht Club Convention Center at 11am. There will be people directing you to the different tables.

If you do not need to register are those meets free? Going to a few sounds good. I just didn't want to pay and register and not show up.

Almost every meet is free. Most of the meets just involve being at a certain place at a certain time, and buying a drink/riding a ride/viewing an attraction with a bunch of like-minded lunatics. The meets are sponsored by different groups and websites, and even if you're not very active in the website or listen to the podcast very frequently, you'll be welcome.

The meets that aren't free are mostly all booked up now anyway. MegaMouseMeet is free. Podfest is free. The Epcot Tree Lighting meet in honor of Bob Varley (Bawb) is free. Look at the list at http://www.mousefest.org/meets2008_start.php. If a meet requires RSVP or payment, it will tell you that. Otherwise, the meets are free, and do NOT require registration for Mousefest nor RSVPing for the particular meet.

I STRONGLY recommend Mousefest 101 meet at the Contemporary resort on Thursday, Dec. 11th, to give you a little orientation about Mousefest. It'll make you much more comfortable, and give you a headstart meeting other newbies to the Mousefest experience.

I was planning my first solo trip (Singles Trip to WDW in 2009 thread) next year. My DS and I were planning a Dec trip. However, my DS told me yesterday that because his boss at work broke his ankle, he won't be able to go. :(

So, rather than cancel the whole thing, I decided to do my first solo to WDW. 12/6-12/12 and staying at CSR.

December 12 can't come fast enough!!!

I tried to cut and paste multiple quotes here, but wound up with a disjointed mess. There are some posts I wanted to respond to....

Darcy - I live in Henderson too!! Its a small world after all... I think we overlap days of our trip. Hopefully we'll meet up somewhere!!

Somebody posted about a phone tree. I'll look through the posts and see if I can find who so I can join up.

I am still hoping to worm my way into Le Cellier. Perhaps hanging on some stranger's leg might work. Anyone doing interesting meals or tours that would like some company? Let me know!

Jll

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter