HI Family Suites for first time?

4firsttimes

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip in June with our 4 children. Would anyone recommend this hotel for a first time trip to WDW or would you stay on site at something like Fort Wilderness? Any other good off site hotels for accomodate our family? Thanks.

We've stayed there twice and really enjoyed both stays. How old are your children? It will be tight with 6 of you - three in the "kids" room and you'll have to use the pull out couch, which will leave very little room in the living area. The hotel itself offers lots for families. My daughter loved the pool area, putt putt, playground, gameroom and train ride. They have activities poolside and in the lobby each evening. The kids eat free and free breakfast buffet each morning will be a real money saver for you. I would think this would be a much more economical choice for you and it is also very convenient to the parks. Let me know if you have any specific questions you can answer!

My kids are 5,8,9, and 12. Is the food all right? I had heard it was awful. How is transportation to the parks?

The 2 bdrm classic suite might be better for you. It is not a kidsuite but has more bedroom space, I think. If you go tell them to match the onsite price of $94 for a moderate. I did this and they gave me the price of 109 per night instead of 129 or 149 you might pay. We stayed there and it is great. We did not use the shuttle but heard it was excellent and on time.

The breakfast buffet is certainly ok...lots of variety. I'd compare it to a big boy buffet but with more choices. The dinner buffet included in the "family values" package was not wonderful. The Pizza Hut and A&W were both good. If money is a concern I think you'll be happy here. We've always stayed in the family suites, so I'm not really familiar with the other room choices. I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can fill you in! We also did not use the transportation to the parks, but it was a quick and painless drive by car.

We're looking at either Vistana Villages or Vistana Resort for our next trip. You might want to check them out as another option!

We went here in April 2000 when the resort was new. I also have 4 children and they were 3,9,12,14 at the time. They loved the resort. The breakfast is fine, I did not like the dinner buffet. I did have lunch on the Veranda and it was good. The kids loved the pool and playing video games etc. They had a huge candy hunt on Easter morning. The suite was tight so this time (in 2 weeks) we are going to the Residence Inn. I am really thinking my kids are going to be dissappointed!!! They do keep asking if we are going back to the same place!!! But, I felt I needed a little larger space since the 2 oldest boys are like adult size now!!! Your kids are going to love it and it is so easy to get to WDW from there. Any other questions? Just ask!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter