*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Has anyone been to Daufaskie Island, through a tour or taking the ferry and exploring on your own?
Looking at a 4.5 hour tour with Outside Hilton Head that leaves from Shelter Cove.
TIA
I learned so very much. Saw indigo growing for first time!
I had always wanted to learn more about the Gullah culture, the history. I had read The Water is Wide by Pat Conroy, and needed to learn more.

Last edited:
So sad to read about Shadow and Crabbe being let go! My daughter cried when we told her and I teared up. My daughter is very shy, and Shadow helped as a bridge to help her become comfortable with the activity/life guard crew. She would have us sign up for every walk and activity with Shadow. We would go to every story time and sing along with Crabbe. The personal connections with cast members is what makes this resort so special.

New offerings at Tide Me Over beginning tomorrow...

BREAKFAST
Hot Cocoa Mickey Waffles
Donut Snowballs
Nutella Bacon Toast
Smoked Salmon Bagel

LUNCH
Crawfish Roll
Pimento Cheeseburger
Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich
Well, I definitely would try the Smoked Salmon, and the crawfish roll. Not run of the mill offerings!

And late breaking news, while Signals still isn't open, the dining area there IS open from 9-5. In that dining area are a couple of tables and...wait for it...a self-serve beverage station. To order food, you still have to go to the Surfman's Sandbar, and that is open only from 11-3 daily. Still, I'm sure many will welcome having the dining area open again and not having to go to the Sandbar to get drink refills.

Here are a couple of exclusive pics for this wonderful thread...

Looking toward what used to be the Captain Gillam's seafood restaurant--it's halfway torn down and will become a green area and likely add some much needed parking for Shelter Cove shops.

And in the spirit of the holidays...

Looking toward what used to be the Captain Gillam's seafood restaurant--it's halfway torn down and will become a green area and likely add some much needed parking for Shelter Cove shops.
View attachment 627200

View attachment 627201

Captain Gillan's Seafood Restaurant - never made it there. It was also the Kingfisher Restaurant at one time.

I sat at the bus stop while waiting to go to the Beach House. Found it amazing the number of vehicles that drove across the bridge towards the gate, only to circle around and leave.

Captain Gillan's Seafood Restaurant - never made it there. It was also the Kingfisher Restaurant at one time.

I sat at the bus stop while waiting to go to the Beach House. Found it amazing the number of vehicles that drove across the bridge towards the gate, only to circle around and leave.
Yes, I ate at the Kingfisher years ago--was decent. The building was truly huge and crowded that corner. Once down, I think it will really open up that area and make the locale even more spectacular.

View attachment 627200

View attachment 627201
The Lodge looks amazing in the Christmas decorations! Thank you for keeping us updated and hope yall are doing well!
As DHHIR owners, we are thankful for all that you do!

Last edited:
2023 points chart has been posted. (Both have been added to post 2 on page 1 as well!)
Compared to 2022 chart, it looks the same. 🏖

Attachments

• HH_2023.pdf
    81.6 KB · Views: 4
  • FINAL_2022_DVC_HH_Pt_Chts.pdf
    132.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The CM that I spoke with at the front desk told me that the end result will be a parking lot, primarily meant for people who are shopping in Shelter Cove.

The CM I spoke with stated that it was going to be a parking garage. I hope not, especially since the new apartments behind Kroger are 5 or 6 stories. I'm afraid it will be a massive structure, even taller than the restaurant was. What I love about HHI is that the buildings are lower than the trees. I hope that trend is not disappearing.

In a brief release a few months ago, the city said that they would be "expanding" the green area around Shelter Cove with the possibility of putting in more parking. The wording was somewhat vague and generalized. However, I don't believe that a parking garage will go there unless it were to be a very modest one. Most times, except during the very busiest times during the summer, there is plenty of parking in the lots surrounding Shelter Cove, ergo, no need for a parking garage. Parking spots mixed in with green space, sure. Of course, this is merely speculation.

And, I took another shot from yesterday, and you can see demolition is progressing nicely. I was quite amazed how the excavator operator was perched atop a huge pile of rubble, all the while digging into his base.

This was morning. By mid-afternoon, the last standing portion (see on the left) was also down. Still a lot of rubble to remove. I don't know if they plan to use the foundation of the building as a base of sorts or not.

Last edited:
The CM I spoke with stated that it was going to be a parking garage.

Gee, DisneyStarWisher, I wonder if we spoke to the same CM. It may have been Tabitha or Andrea, both of whom I had such nice encounters with a couple weeks ago.
One thing I like at HH is that when you call the front desk, you actually get the front desk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter