*HHI Owners and Beach Lovers Group Thread*

Gee, DisneyStarWisher, I wonder if we spoke to the same CM. It may have been Tabitha or Andrea, both of whom I had such nice encounters with a couple weeks ago.
One thing I like at HH is that when you call the front desk, you actually get the front desk!
If I'm not mistaken, it was Tabitha (Tabby?). When I checked in, she stated that she thought it was going to be a parking garage. I just remember not liking the sound of that!

According to Drusba from the POS in 2018, there are HHI. 5,029 members.

Thought this was interesting and not the smallest amount of owners.

Glad to see the curiosity! I was curious as well!
These are the number of members per resort in 2018 from the POS according to Drusba...
OKW 27,670
BWV 19,084
VB. 5,424
HHI. 5,029
BRV 7,683
BCV 10,707
SSR. 48,883
BLT 19,295
AUL 21,475
AKV 27,660
VGF 9,624
POL. 20,262
VGC 3,455
According to DVC Info in 2019, HHI has 1,368,962 points.
If you divide by the amount of members, the average is roughly 270 per member!
"Disney owns no less than 4% of the total ownership interests." (As of Dec 2019 according to the POS, Disney owned 54,770 plus 16,846 unsold points!)
Now if you take out Disney, the average is roughly 257 per member!
Below is from DVC news about the use year.

Hi HHI experts! I managed to grab some studio days in July at the 7 month window and am so excited to experience HHI for the first time. We are going with our 2 year old and wanted to see what people recommend for activities for a toddler. Do any of the bikes have toddler seats? What dolphin tours are recommended? Not sure if it would be a good idea to take a toddler on one but me (mom) is definitely interested! We also love to eat and would love to hear what family friendly restaurants we should go to. I've read that it is highly recommended that we make reservations at restaurants we want to go to during the summer so I definitely want to get a list together.

You'll love HHI. Yes, the resort does have a few bikes with toddler seats; however, you can't reserve any bikes there and as you'll be visiting at the height of tourist season, I'd recommend renting your bicycles from an outside agency such as Island Life or Hilton Head Bike rentals. You CAN reserve those well ahead of time, and they are usually slightly less expensive to rent than those from DHHIR.
As for restaurants, several of the most popular restaurants actually do NOT take reservations. Hudson's on the Dock and Skull Creek Boathouse are two that quickly come to mind. Of those that do, I'd highly recommend Fishcamp on Broad Creek and Ela's on the Water (this one is a 10-12 minute walk from the resort right over in Shelter Cove). I'll let others chime in on activities and tours. Enjoy!

What a difference a year can make!

This past year I was able to book a Grand Villa at Hilton Head for the Thanksgiving holiday. Since there are only 5 and since I don't have many HH points, I was only able to book 2 nights up front and then had to wait and use other points for my remaining nights. I had no problems getting what I wanted.

Looking this morning, Tuesday through Friday of Thanksgiving week is already gone in the grand villa. Last November when I was booking, that was not the case. So many new people have gotten to know Disney's Hilton Head, it's suddenly a popular destination. It always was in the warmer months, but now off season is more popular. Now I want more home resort points!

No exact date, but generally they're down by mid-January. The boats in Shelter Cove often remain decorated a week or two beyond that date.

Thank you for responding. We will be there over MLK weekend (first visit). Probably will be gone, but I’ll cross my fingers

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

While at WDW, we purchased an add on at HHI for 25 points! (100 points now)
We have been watching the resale market for 6+ months and could not find a 25 pointer in our use year.

We will be at DHHIR for a 1 night studio stay on 1/2 and hope to see the decorations!

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

While at WDW, we purchased an add on at HHI for 25 points! (100 points now)
We have been watching the resale market for 6+ months and could not find a 25 pointer in our use year.

We will be at DHHIR for a 1 night studio stay on 1/2 and hope to see the decorations!

Congratulations! Buying direct from Disney may have been a good choice. It took us 8 months to find a contract on resale that was in our use year. And even then, we didn't get the exact number of points we were looking for, but close. I guess once owners get there, they don't sell!

Another few pics for those of you who haven't been to the resort since they started demolishing the old Captain Gillan's restaurant at the entry to the bridge...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter