HHI Adoration & Information 2009

Thinking WAY ahead... we just bought (in process of closing!) at BWV, and planning on staying there in Dec 2010. We will have enough points though as well as some extra time and were thinking about maybe spending a week at HHI before our BWV stay (on our way south, after doing some history adventuring... we homeschool and will be exploring our nations capitol as well as several other amazing places in the eastern time zone (we live in Idaho).

How hard IS it to get a 1 bdrm at HHI at the 7 month window, for Thanksgiving week? Am I nuts to even think about it since we dont have points there?

Thanks!

Thinking WAY ahead... we just bought (in process of closing!) at BWV, and planning on staying there in Dec 2010. We will have enough points though as well as some extra time and were thinking about maybe spending a week at HHI before our BWV stay (on our way south, after doing some history adventuring... we homeschool and will be exploring our nations capitol as well as several other amazing places in the eastern time zone (we live in Idaho).

How hard IS it to get a 1 bdrm at HHI at the 7 month window, for Thanksgiving week? Am I nuts to even think about it since we dont have points there?

Thanks!
Thanksgiving was totally booked this year, even on CRO side. I do think there were last minute cancellations. Anyhoo...call right at 7 mos. at 9 am!!! Good luck!:wizard:

Thanks!
That's exactly what we've been able to do for the last two years. And I know there were several last minute cancellations due to illness, very last minute-maybe the day beforehand. We were there and were supposed to switch to a 2 BR on the last day due to lack of availability of 1 BRs. Then we got a call about 4:30 the afternoon before our supposed move that due to a last minute cancellation, we didn't have to move. It was good news for us, not only because moving's no fun, but also because we loved the 1 BR villa we had.

Our 2nd trip to HHI in a couple of weeks Jan 16 thru 19th. My son has a gf in Savannah and we will spend a day there also.:thumbsup2

I'm glad this thread was started. We have never been to HHI and would like to go someday. I would like to know everything I can though so I want to follow this thread before its like 20 pages long!

Here are some pics from last June:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We biked over to the beach house(those are the bikes you rent from the resort)
ry%3D400

The playground
ry%3D400

The pier
ry%3D400

View from Harbortown lighthouse

Part of golf recommendations depends on your ability. DH thought the Fazio course would be very difficult for a casual golfer. Every green was protected by huge sandtraps. His favorite, so far, has been the Robert Trent Jones course. I was disappointed that the Ocean course didn't have much ocean. I'll ask him more when he gets home from golfing today.

the people i will be playing with are about 10 handicaps

Thanks for starting this thread! We're having our first HHI stay this year -- put us down as a 2BR for 3/30 - 4/3. We're celebrating DH's birthday while we're there. This will also be our first DVC stay in a 2BR so we're super excited about that. We hope my folks (who live just north of Savannah) will be able to come and stay a night or two with us. It's our kids' spring break.

We'll be there in 10 days! Jan 15-19. It's our home resort but we haven't been there since '99 :scared1: Can't wait.

Going for our 2nd time...June 7-12 in a 2BR. HHI is a wonderful place. Count down has started. It will be me, DH, DS7, SIL & BIL and nephews 13 & 16. DS can't wait to go down the Big Dipper slide.

Can anyone give me tips on posting pics? I'm not sure how.

Carla

We'll be in a 2 bedroom June 21-26. My sister and fellow DISer DVCnewgirl will be there the same dates in a studio.

We love HHI and bought there to get the 11 month window. Now I want MORE points!

Going for our 2nd time...June 7-12 in a 2BR. HHI is a wonderful place. Count down has started. It will be me, DH, DS7, SIL & BIL and nephews 13 & 16. DS can't wait to go down the Big Dipper slide.

Can anyone give me tips on posting pics? I'm not sure how.

Carla
Get teh address of your picture(on Shutterfly you right click on the pic and click properties and then C&P the address)-write img in brackets-

Thanks for starting this thread! We're having our first HHI stay this year -- put us down as a 2BR for 3/30 - 4/3. We're celebrating DH's birthday while we're there. This will also be our first DVC stay in a 2BR so we're super excited about that. We hope my folks (who live just north of Savannah) will be able to come and stay a night or two with us. It's our kids' spring break.

Let them know about the Birthday at the front desk. They will put a birthday wish on the resorts tv channel and Shadow will send a card and balloons. You will have a great time.

Janis

June 14-19 for us. We are in a GV and a studio. We really enjoy being able to take extended family every summer. So glad that we purchased the bulk of our points here.

That picture of that wooden walkway overlooking the marsh at night is stunning. Thank you.

We will be there over spring break. April 5-10th. Last Easter was our first trip and enjoyed it so much we are going back again.

Has anyone every gone to HH the week between Christmas and New Years?

We'll be there in 10 days! Jan 15-19. It's our home resort but we haven't been there since '99 :scared1: Can't wait.

Great! We'll be there from the 16th-20th!!

I'm hoping for pretty weather! Weather.com is predicting sunny with a high of 59 on the 15th.

Count me in. Our first trip to Hilton Head. One Bedroom May 25-30. DM, DS (5) and Me (31).

April 5th - 10th. Had no spring break last year, so we went in August. So it is only a 7 1/2 month wait this time -- much better than the 17 months we had to wait last time!:cool1:

Updated the first post with everyone's dates. Let me know if I've missed anyone or you want me to add anything. It looks like we have a great bunch of DISer's descending on HHI throughout the year.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter