HHI Adoration & Information 2009

Great! We'll be there from the 16th-20th!!

I'm hoping for pretty weather! Weather.com is predicting sunny with a high of 59 on the 15th.
We will be there same time,hope the weather is better than same time last year(rain and in the low 30's):eek: You can find me watching NFL playoffs in the lodge:thumbsup2 We plan to go to Savannah to pick up my son's Gf and walk around River Street awhile on Saturday

I just booked my first HH trip for August 8th!! I am really excited to get in because it is my 7 month mark as I own at AKV. My question is, is it alot busier at that time than it would be say the last week in August? Would it be worth trying to switch or should I just be happy I got anything? :goodvibes

Penny, the last week of August is pretty quiet.
We went that week the last two years, and all of the cast members, the staff at all the restaurants and even B'Lou Crabbe remarked how we picked a "good week" as the weeks prior had been packed.

The resort is pretty big, and can handle the crowd nicely, and activities are full, so I would guess more enjoyable. My kids have gone on Kids Night Out where they were the only ones with 3 CMs to chaperone, they liked it alot better when they went with a big group on another KNO trip.

Your biggest problem will be wait times at restaurants. In the last week of August, we walked up at any time and were seated right away (except one rest in Coligny Plaza, but that's a whole other story). From what I understand, had we been there earlier in the summer, we would have waited near an hour or possibly longer for our group of 8 (or 11 the 2nd trip)

Whatever your choice, you'll love it, and probably get hooked like the rest of us HHI lovers :D

OK, I just finished making my reservations at HHI for another Thanksgiving. Please put us down for 11/22-11/28.

We are also going to be at HHI for Thanksgiving and then on to WDW. The members' cash rate is $82.50 for a studio, $126.75 for a one bedroom and $145 for a two bedroom.

For anyone who has been over Thanksgiving, are there lots of activities available? Can you swim in the ocean or pool? Do they offer a dolphin cruise?

I am sure I will have more questions between now and then but at least those will help me get started planning. :goodvibes

Thanks so much, Mary. I will try to change to the last week when my seven month window opens.:goodvibes

Our kids like HH so much that we recently bought a resale.
We will be heading back for our 3rd trip and we will be bringing some friends to share the wealth with. Can't wait!
Looks like quite a group already for that week.:goodvibes

We are also going to be at HHI for Thanksgiving and then on to WDW. The members' cash rate is $82.50 for a studio, $126.75 for a one bedroom and $145 for a two bedroom.

For anyone who has been over Thanksgiving, are there lots of activities available? Can you swim in the ocean or pool? Do they offer a dolphin cruise?

I am sure I will have more questions between now and then but at least those will help me get started planning. :goodvibes

I just sent you a PM. Feel free to ask about Thanksgiving at HHI any time. I love to talk about it!

Our friends waitlist just came through so we are headed to HHI June 14th-20th WOOT WOOT!!!

Can't wait! We skipped last year so we are really feening for our Hilton Head Fix!!

Our friends waitlist just came through so we are headed to HHI June 14th-20th WOOT WOOT!!!

Can't wait! We skipped last year so we are really feening for our Hilton Head Fix!!
oh my! For years I have used your advice about HHI and now I will be there at the same time as you!!!:worship::worship::worship:TOO COOL!!!

oh my! For years I have used your advice about HHI and now I will be there at the same time as you!!!:worship::worship::worship:TOO COOL!!!

omg YAY!!! How fun! We will most definatly have to get together for a mini meet :-)

When the dates get closer I will see if i can plan a little something.

I would love to see more HH pics. We are considering going next August if we can get a room.

Here are a few pics taken 2 years ago...

Marsh view building 31
DSC00935.jpg

Smoking area/BBQ area past the parking lot near building 31

DSC00942.jpg

The kids fishing near the above photo...
DSC00972.jpg

Millions of little crabs on the breakwater

DSC00987-1.jpg

B'Lou and Shadow

DSC01168.jpg

Sunset from the same area as above...

DSC01424.jpg

The making Mickey Tye Dye set up at the beach house...

DSC01345.jpg

Kids doing crafts at the dining room table (2 bedroom)

DSC01163.jpg

Campfire sillyness

DSC01078-1.jpg

Basketball court and a toddler bike rental

DSC01021-1.jpg

Heaven

DSC01089.jpg

What a great thread! We've gone to HHI for two years and are going back in 2009, 6/21 to 6/28! I can't wait!

We drive and bring our own umbrella and chairs.

I love that picture of HHI beach!!! Can't wait to see it again in June!

We haven't decided whether or not to rent this year or not. We split our time between the two pools and will probably rent just so we don't have to bother with toting them back and forth. We like to ride our bikes over to the beach house it would be a pain to take chairs, plus we have so much other junk to bring that we just don't have the room:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter