Help with resort decision

DNSDisney

<font color=CC66CC>Got "rehitched" at the Garden G
I already made ressies for the Hawthorn near Seaworld but am now considering switching to the RPR.
At the Hawthorn we have a mirco and fridge which i like but was wondering about the travel time to and from the parks.
At RPR we will be right there to go and come from parks easily but no micro and on fridge.
I am hoping to eat at least bfast in rooms to keep cost down.
I know to get front line acess I could buy those booket thingys which would be 80. for us (group of four) if I don't go RPR.
RPR is 50. more than Hawthorn suites. I am trying to decided and keep going back in forth in my mind.
Which would you do and why?

Thanks
Sharon:wave2:

Personally I would choose to stay onsite at RPR. The FOTL perk is invaluable. You will save so much time and be able to see the parks at a leisurely pace. Not only will you be able to enjoy the parks and Citywalk more, but you will have more time to enjoy the resort and the beautiful pool. It is a 10 minute stroll to the parks from RPR.

When staying at RPR, we always eat breakfast in our room. You are right, there is no micro or fridge. We always take a cooler and reload it with ice from the ice machine down the hall. We take juices, milk, sodas, pastries, fruit and such to have for breakfast. This works well for us. Hope that helps! :D

Make sure you've checked out all the deals that are available as well. Your room might not be as expensive as you think.

I agree with both themepark and damo. Staying onsite is wonderful! Have you checked your dates using the various promotional codes (AAA, APH & FAN) or have you called to see if Entertainment rates are available? I'm getting an Entertainment rate of $144 per night at the end of this month but I've seen Fan Club rates of $167 and APH rates of $119. Doing breakfast in the room isn't a big ordeal...Pop Tarts, fruit, granola bars, etc. :D

I also read on another post.......... and it may sound silly, but I did read it, that someone actually brought a small microwave with them to the RPR........ they had a baby and needed to warm the milk!!!! I may be wrong, but it is possible that you could ask the RPR if micro's or a fridge is avail. for "rent"?? I'm pretty sure they offer that at the disney resorts.......... so RPR might. We didn't need one when we stayed there, we brought a cooler though. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

AND, I agree, being onsite is invaluable............. you won't believe how nice having fotl is.......... I will never stay anywhere else on our trips!!!

I agree with the others. If you can find a way to stay onsite, there is nothing like it. The resorts are beautiful and FOTL is the BEST.

Warning - once you stay onsite, you won't be able to stay offsite again!

Have fun!

I may be wrong, but if you buy the cook that has the FOTL stuff in it, can't you just use it one time per ride? At least with FOTL you can pretty much go on the rides as many times as you want. We got on and off MIB 4-5 times in a row, and did Bilge Barge rats 6-7 times in a row.

If the diff is $50 more at RPR and u have to pay $80 for express books then really u are saving $30 plus no need for transport to the parks which is great as for breakfast at the lounge u get pastries $2-$2.50 cearel & milk $2.50 so I would say go for it
:jester:

Ok you guys talked me into it. Booked today with the RPR for June . Got a std rm for 119. GA res. rate.

Funny thing when i called this morning the first time was at 9:30am and there was no std rms available but I called back at 11:40 am and there was!! LOL.

Now I have to figure out what else I need to know about the resort. Be looking for some questions from me:teeth:

You won't be sorry.

I've stayed at all three of the resorts, with our two most recent stays at RPR. If you have any questions, I will try to answer.

Definately stay on site. The convenience of walking out over to the parks and being able to walk back if you wish, as well as the time saved. All this and not to mention the stress saved by not having to drive, and not paying parking fees. Throw some pastry swirls, breakfast bars, or pop tarts in the bag and use them for breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter