Help! Need outline of Mickey's Footprint

Dolly,

Definitely not cheap - But I saw some Grinch tins at Target with men's sleep shorts in them for $9.99. They were in the Men's department. The tins are of the Grinch's head and are shaped that way.

I just thought of your request when I saw them. And you are always so helpful to everyone, I thought maybe I could somehow repay the favor.

Thanks a million!!! I hope that my target has them. I will definitely run by this week! :goodvibes

I went to the Family Dollar store yesterday and they have cute Mickey, Minnie, Pooh,Tigger, etc. Disney stuffed characters for $5.00 that would be cute to add to the "welcome" surprise. They were probably about 8-10 inches tall....so they wouldn't take up tons of space in your luggage like the oversized ones do. They were posted in their weekly flyer...but if you can't find them make sure you ask. My store had them tucked away on a top shelf. I would have never seen them if one hadn't mysteriously fallen on the floor.

My dollar general had them too! :banana:Thanks Dolly! I found some disney holiday window clings too!:banana:

We're back from our trip and had a great time. The kids just loved their present from Mickey. They talked about it all week. Here's some pics... Thanks for everyone's help with suggestions and designs. .
DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics!!! You did a GREAT job everything looks wonderful and the shoes turned out so cute! :cool1:

we just got home late last night, but I do have pics of welcome bag set up and bday bags as well as window shots. Alot of people stopped to look and commented how cool! we were at CSR and had corner room with two windows thought only used one! will try to post later tonight! when my dd did wake up on her bday her first words were "whoa! WOW!" Thanks to everyone for the designs and ideas!:goodvibes

we just got home late last night, but I do have pics of welcome bag set up and bday bags as well as window shots. Alot of people stopped to look and commented how cool! we were at CSR and had corner room with two windows thought only used one! will try to post later tonight! when my dd did wake up on her bday her first words were "whoa! WOW!" Thanks to everyone for the designs and ideas!:goodvibes

I'm looking forward to seeing them!

Here is a window picture. the window designs were laminated and hung with suction cups. I brought xmas window decals along too

december1564.jpg

birthday bags. each bag had a gift..... mickey had bday ears. minnie bag had stuffed minnie with birthday cookie, pluto had lanyard with bday pin, goofy bag had goofy candy treats etc.... I have a few more pictures to download yet too! Thanks to everyone!

december1409.jpg

Everything looks great! I bet your little girl was just beside herself. Great job, thanks so much for posting your pics.

for the welcome bag I used a large red bag decorated with black band at top and white buttons(like smaller one above) and tag. inside I had mickey pens with autograph book, few snack things glow necklaces, minature holiday puzzle, tinkerbelle night light etc. along with welcome banner shown in window pic and window balloons/designs. everything got used! Have fun!:goodvibes

Our next trip is December 2010 and I really want to do this for my kids. Does anyone have any ideas how to incorporate a Christmas Disney theme?

Our next trip is December 2010 and I really want to do this for my kids. Does anyone have any ideas how to incorporate a Christmas Disney theme?

Right now is a GREAT time to find Christmas things on the Disney Website Store that you can use for your next trip in December...they have some things up to 70% off and if you purchase $89 worth of merchandise, shipping is $5.00. They have Disney Christmas stockings for $5.99 that were regularly $24.50, lots of t-shirts, sweatshirts, some ornaments, stuffed animals (there was a really cute Christmas Dumbo that was super cheap) etc.

Here is a link:
http://www.disneystore.com/sale/holiday/holiday-decor/holiday-ornaments/c/309605/

I loved the small Christmas tree that we had in our room. If you can find a way to take one or mail one in advance to your hotel/condo with a wreath...it is fun to decorate your door and room to make it look Christmasy and festive. You can get fake christmas trees half off right now at stores. If you can find one for around $10-20 and mail it to your hotel...you might not care about leaving it behind. And if you do...maybe a mousekeeper can enjoy it in their home, so make sure you leave it behind with a note. If stores are already sold out...get one at Michaels with a 50% off coupon when it gets closer to Christmas or Hobby Lobby when they are one of their weekly sale items.

I love the idea of blankets. In the "Mickey Grand Welcome" they embroider a blanket with your family name, WDW and date (there is a picture of it on the website link in the first post). It isn't very expensive to embroider names and dates to things so be on the look out for blankets that you can do this to, or if you find a Disney theme fleece...you can make a no sew fleece blanket. You can google online for directions. These are super easy to make! Here is one website with instructions: http://www.exploringwomanhood.com/homelife/ideas/pom-jan03.htm

Take some time to look through the current pages on the Creative DISigns Forum and save the links to the Christmas threads so that you can find them when you need Christmas images, t-shirts, welcome signs, etc.

Also, look at Dollar Stores and see what Disney things they may have in the after Christmas sales to put in Disney stockings. Or even the regular sale price as they tend to have more Disney things around Christmas (the Dollar Tree always has lots of Disney things). Some things to look for that you can add to their boxes/bags/stockings are disney puzzles, coloring books, crayons, frisbees, pencils, pens, magnets...the list is long especially around Christmas. They even had great Disney stuffed animals. You might also look in Christmas sale items at Wal-mart, Target, etc. to see if you can find Disney stockings on sale...go today!!!

Hopefully that will get you started.

One more tip for doing this...

The only hard thing to making this happen is getting into the room before your family does and making sure that they don't see what you made before you leave it. Have a plan with the adults that you are traveling with before you get there so that you can maybe let your husband or other adults go roam the hotel with the kids and you can check in and use the bell hop to get all of the luggage and goodies up to the room. You will need around 20-30 minutes (at least) to check in and get the room decorated. If you are smart...have a hotel scavenger hunt ready to hand to the kids and they can work on that while you work on the room. Then when you are done give them a call on the cell and tell them they won't believe what is in the room and hurry to get there. If you mail the tree, decorations and wreath in advance check with the concierge to see if they will set those up for you...you will have the pay them but it shouldn't be too much.

When I did something similar on a different trip...I couldn't get into all of the rooms before my group got there so I decorated after everyone checked in and while the kids were roaming the hotel doing a scavenger hunt. Don't feel like you have to decorate before they see the room...Mickey and the gang can come to the room at any time. This is also something you can do if someone is celebrating a birthday or anniversay while you are there...for the kids you can decorate after they fall asleep so that they will wake up to some Disney "magic".

Right now is a GREAT time to find Christmas things on the Disney Website Store that you can use for your next trip in December...they have some things up to 70% off and if you purchase $89 worth of merchandise, shipping is $5.00. They have Disney Christmas stockings for $5.99 that were regularly $24.50, lots of t-shirts, sweatshirts, some ornaments, stuffed animals (there was a really cute Christmas Dumbo that was super cheap) etc.

Here is a link:
http://www.disneystore.com/sale/holiday/holiday-decor/holiday-ornaments/c/309605/

I loved the small Christmas tree that we had in our room. If you can find a way to take one or mail one in advance to your hotel/condo with a wreath...it is fun to decorate your door and room to make it look Christmasy and festive. You can get fake christmas trees half off right now at stores. If you can find one for around $10-20 and mail it to your hotel...you might not care about leaving it behind. And if you do...maybe a mousekeeper can enjoy it in their home, so make sure you leave it behind with a note. If stores are already sold out...get one at Michaels with a 50% off coupon when it gets closer to Christmas or Hobby Lobby when they are one of their weekly sale items.

I love the idea of blankets. In the "Mickey Grand Welcome" they embroider a blanket with your family name, WDW and date (there is a picture of it on the website link in the first post). It isn't very expensive to embroider names and dates to things so be on the look out for blankets that you can do this to, or if you find a Disney theme fleece...you can make a no sew fleece blanket. You can google online for directions. These are super easy to make! Here is one website with instructions: http://www.exploringwomanhood.com/homelife/ideas/pom-jan03.htm

Take some time to look through the current pages on the Creative DISigns Forum and save the links to the Christmas threads so that you can find them when you need Christmas images, t-shirts, welcome signs, etc.

Also, look at Dollar Stores and see what Disney things they may have in the after Christmas sales to put in Disney stockings. Or even the regular sale price as they tend to have more Disney things around Christmas (the Dollar Tree always has lots of Disney things). Some things to look for that you can add to their boxes/bags/stockings are disney puzzles, coloring books, crayons, frisbees, pencils, pens, magnets...the list is long especially around Christmas. They even had great Disney stuffed animals. You might also look in Christmas sale items at Wal-mart, Target, etc. to see if you can find Disney stockings on sale...go today!!!

Hopefully that will get you started.

Dolly, in your message above you indicated that it isn't very expensive to embroidery names/dates. Do you have any suggestions as to where to send items? I would love to do this and ideally I would really love to find some Disney beach towels cheap to get embroidered but I don't know who to send/take them to. Any suggestions?

Also, anyone know where to find Disney beach towels (at a good price)?

TIA,
April

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter