Help! Need outline of Mickey's Footprint

jkuglin

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm trying to create something similar to Mickey's Grand Welcome Basket (http://www.ftdfloristsonline.com/waltdisneyworldflorist/pages/magicalwelcomes/display) that's more inline with our budget but I'm have a terrible time coming up with a design for Mickey's footprints. I'm planning on cutting them out of 8.5X11 yellow cardstock or craft foam. Do any of you wonderful designers have a footprint or could make one?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

What a fun idea. I hadn't seen those gifts yet...but wow...a $300 gift on top of hotel, flight, tickets, meals, bibbidi bobbidi boo make-over etc. I'm with you...I think you can recreate it for much less. I sure love the box, ribbon and gift tag on top! Any idea how they did the Tinkerbell...or will you attempt that part?

I made a bunch of things for a Mickey & the Gang Grand Welcome, Tink's Grand Welcome and Princesses Grand Welcome. You can find them in my 4shared file in the link in my signature, then look in the "Mickey's Gran Welcome" file. I made welcome letters, gift tags, banners, balloons, etc.

Hi there, I don't have a design per se....but I took this pic in 2004. Voila...Mickey's footprints. Maybe someone can help you design it using this:goodvibes
Linda
100_1270.jpg

Thanks so much for these! I hadn't gotten as far as Tink, LOL. If anyone has any pictures of the actual welcome basket that would be so very helpful!

So far I have a 15'' Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, some balloons, a yellow plastic bucket with fabric Disney stickers on it filled with snacks and glow sticks and sourvenirs.

I also have 6'' cutout Mickey gloves and ears for the walls. I'm working on the shoes, a letter from Mickey and this welcome banner..
http://tv.disney.go.com/playhouse/grown-ups/celebrationcenter/decorations/mmch/index.html

My kids have seen me making the journals, passports, autograph books and shirts so I can't put them in there.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!

love this idea may have to borrow it fro our trip next week!:goodvibes its dd bday and i have looked at those baskets etc but the cost$:eek:

Thanks so much for these! I hadn't gotten as far as Tink, LOL. If anyone has any pictures of the actual welcome basket that would be so very helpful!

So far I have a 15'' Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, some balloons, a yellow plastic bucket with fabric Disney stickers on it filled with snacks and glow sticks and sourvenirs.

I also have 6'' cutout Mickey gloves and ears for the walls. I'm working on the shoes, a letter from Mickey and this welcome banner..
http://tv.disney.go.com/playhouse/grown-ups/celebrationcenter/decorations/mmch/index.html

My kids have seen me making the journals, passports, autograph books and shirts so I can't put them in there.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!

Where did you get the mickey gloves and ears for the wall?

Here is my attempt at Mickey's footprint...thanks to shadowryter's pic:
MickeyFootprint2.jpg

Go to Dollar Tree as everything is $1.00 and they have LOTS of disney items that you could buy to add to whatever you are going to put things in. You could spend $10.00 - $15.00 and get TONS of things. I like the idea of adding a photo album to the box...maybe you could put a disposable camera for the kids to take their own pics to put in the photo album. I also like that they had a disney frame on the nightstand with a special note from a character. Then you could put a family picture in the frame when you get home.

You could trim this out and put it on the wall..and put some gifts below it and sprinkle fairy dust on the gifts. Hobby Lobby has glitter in the arts and crafts section that is actually called fairy dust. It has round glitter and stars. Also, you might consider laminating it so that the wand doesn't get bent on the trip to Disney.

TinkShadow2-1.jpg

I added your idea to the "what do you make thread" and here is a note that I put on that thread...just in case you can use it with your surprise. I left space for you to insert a textbox with either your child(ren)'s name(s) or your family name. Mickey would say "Gosh Smith Family,":

MickeyWelcomeLetter.jpg

I wish I knew what was on the gift tag on the box...I would love to recreate it!

Wow, those are great! Thanks again.

These are the images I used. The Mickey head template is a full head (sorry not just ears)
template.jpg

This is the tub I had that I put a fabric Disney sticker (from Hobby Lobby) on the front. Sorry bad picture. The kids were still up when I went to dig it out of hiding.
photo.jpg

This glove I printed regular and mirror image so it would look like two hands.
glove.jpg

Wonderful work Dolly

I am going to start puting together a box of treats and do this with my grandaughter.
Thanks for all your hard work!
Hugs Mel

To save on yellow ink...here is one that you can print on yellow cardstock and then trim out. This uses very little ink!!!
MickeyFootprintBlank.jpg

that's awesome I was just going to say hand draw it ...thats what I did for my son's birthday...i Cut them out of yellow paper and reinforced it with more paper..and attached them to plant spikes and put them in the ground so it could look like Mickey walked to the back of the house...

sounds like you got it all worked out!!! how are you going to get into the room without all of them noticing...

I still wish I knew what was on their large gift tag on the Mickey present!!!

Anyways...here is an oversized gift tag if someone can use it for their surprise. I put a few friends and I...for those that are going to put Tink's shadow on the wall and sprinkle fairy dust:

GiftTagRoomSurprise.jpg

Another idea for the Tink...you could print the Tink Shadow onto a window cling and hang it on the window when you get there. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it getting bent in transit. Plus this is a great idea if you have an inquisitive child who might try to figure out why Tink's shadow is on the wall but there is no Tink in the room. By putting her in the window, you can tell them that "Tink must be outside where we can't see her but close enough for her shadow to be on the window". Just a thought for the child that questions everything.

Also you could move it around throughout the day.

I am def going to get this together for our trip next week, but for space reasons I plan on using gift bags instead of the boxes(though I would love to use them).... for the welcome gift, I plan on uisng a red bag adding 2 white (or yellow)button shaped cutouts with a black band at top and yellow ribbon . I will do similar colors for the b day bags.... I found the neatest pens at the dollar store they look like mickeys gloves with one finger pointing they come in a package of two ( not sure it is even meant to be disney but looks like it could be) I will get glow necklaces etc to put in bag....loving this....:goodvibes

I am def going to get this together for our trip next week, but for space reasons I plan on using gift bags instead of the boxes(though I would love to use them).... for the welcome gift, I plan on uisng a red bag adding 2 white (or yellow)button shaped cutouts with a black band at top and yellow ribbon . I will do similar colors for the b day bags.... I found the neatest pens at the dollar store they look like mickeys gloves with one finger pointing they come in a package of two ( not sure it is even meant to be disney but looks like it could be) I will get glow necklaces etc to put in bag....loving this....:goodvibes

PADISNEY, our trip is next week as well. It's definitely crunch time getting all this put together!

jkuglin and padisney...please take pics and post them when you get back!!! I would love to see how your ideas turn out.

Will do too. We are all beyond excited! It's the first time for the kids 6, 8 and 9. I'm having lots of fun adding to the magic and owe so much to all the helpful people on this board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter