Hello too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEople are afraid to merge :)

:rotfl:

She just said that. And she is laughing.

She wants to know if you can suggest another author?

And Kacy would like to know if your name came from Patrick Bateman from American Psycho?

:rotfl:

She just said that. And she is laughing.

She wants to know if you can suggest another author?

And Kacy would like to know if your name came from Patrick Bateman from American Psycho?

HAHAHA I love that line.... I think I could actually quote that whole book I have read it that many times.

I would suggest jay mcinerney (Bright Light's Big city was written around the same time and Jay and Bret are good friends) and if she likes character driven stuff "The Corrections" by Joseph Franz is brilliant.

Yep - I have used Bateman as my handle since I first read American Psycho 13 years ago :) (Yes im old :( )

HAHAHA I love that line.... I think I could actually quote that whole book I have read it that many times.

I would suggest jay mcinerney (Bright Light's Big city was written around the same time and Jay and Bret are good friends) and if she likes character driven stuff "The Corrections" by Joseph Franz is brilliant.

Yep - I have used Bateman as my handle since I first read American Psycho 13 years ago :) (Yes im old :( )

She was laughing about it, telling me about it, and then you said it too. Great timing.

She will look for them next time she gets a book. She is stymied, for an author because she has read all of both of their books.

She said she knew it when she saw your name was Bateman.

I'm here!!!! Ha ha sean. Thought you could lose me didn't you!!!????:woohoo:

Hello there!!

She was laughing about it, telling me about it, and then you said it too. Great timing.

She will look for them next time she gets a book. She is stymied, for an author because she has read all of both of their books.

She said she knew it when she saw your name was Bateman.

Hello there!!

I do the exact same thing... I will read every book the author has ever written or talks about in interviews... yep im a freak hahaha

Yeah.. Huge fan of American Psycho... And I love Patrick Bateman and his little scene in "Glamorama"

I do the exact same thing... I will read every book the author has ever written or talks about in interviews... yep im a freak hahaha

Yeah.. Huge fan of American Psycho... And I love Patrick Bateman and his little scene in "Glamorama"

She laughed and said she needs to re-read it again.

Kacy would like to know if you have read Zadie Smith?

She laughed and said she needs to re-read it again.

Kacy would like to know if you have read Zadie Smith?

lol

I read White Teeth when it was first released but cant remember if I liked it or not... ten years is a long time lol

lol

I read White Teeth when it was first released but cant remember if I liked it or not... ten years is a long time lol

Kacy liked it.

She wants to know if you can recommend non American authors for her to read fro her literature class?

Kacy liked it.

She wants to know if you can recommend non American authors for her to read fro her literature class?

Non American?? hmmmm.... Anything IN particular?? like a genre or needs to be from a certain period??

Non American?? hmmmm.... Anything IN particular?? like a genre or needs to be from a certain period??

Along the lines of Palahniuk or Ellis? Something that holds her interest like that.

Okay, I would like some outside opinions. Looking at air transport from CA to FL, there is usullay one layover in Dever or Dallas. Hubby is think that if we have 2 layovers it'll bring the cost down. On top of that, the kids have never been on a plane and he thinks it'll be an adventure they would like, kinda like a scavenger hunt to different planes. My argument is, the fewer layovers the better. A direct flight would be awesome. Tucking through the airport with excited kids doesn't sound like good times to me.

What do you think?

Okay, I would like some outside opinions. Looking at air transport from CA to FL, there is usullay one layover in Dever or Dallas. Hubby is think that if we have 2 layovers it'll bring the cost down. On top of that, the kids have never been on a plane and he thinks it'll be an adventure they would like, kinda like a scavenger hunt to different planes. My argument is, the fewer layovers the better. A direct flight would be awesome. Tucking through the airport with excited kids doesn't sound like good times to me.

What do you think?

Layovers are nice, it will give the kids a chance to get rid of some energy. As an adult i say straight through, no layovers. It's a tough decision.

Along the lines of Palahniuk or Ellis? Something that holds her interest like that.

Hmmm....

There is a great great great book called The Punk by Gideon Sams
If she can find a printed copy my hat is off to her but she can read it here
http://www.punk77.co.uk/groups/thepunk.htm

Very quick read.... takes maybe 30 mins.... but is great and i cant not praise it.

Nothing like Bret but is a brilliant writter -Roddy Doyle. His book "THe Commitments" is brilliant.

Nick Hornby is also brilliant... He is more funny and not as dark but his book "About a Boy" was great and has some good narrative in it.

Also by Nick Hornby "High Fidelity" which is funny and great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter