Hello! Live from the World!

Just had a look (don't click on links if you are hungry:rotfl2:) I thought it was Butterfinger cup cake we once got in Disney Quest, none of us were impressed
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/10/05/you-wont-believe-this-snack-butterfinger-muffin/

But looking at the pics it was this we had http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/15/disney-chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcake/

Hope they still do the carrot cake cookie next year.:cloud9:

Not fond of the Chocolate Peanut Butter cupcake myself. Quite like the Butter finger one but can't manage to finish one on my own. I have to confess I'm an amateur in comparison to DS and DH, but I do like carrot cake :thumbsup2. We've been home for a month and a half now and had said we'd probably have a break next year. I'm afraid all these live reports (including yours Wayne ;)) are increasing our chances of returning next year at an ever quickening rate. Even started to keep an eye on flight prices - but don't tell DH anyone. :rolleyes1

Mrs TT

we got a carrot cake cookie from starring rolls, they sooo good, not too sweet and i agree, they are huge:scared1:
fyi, all the yummy cakes they sell at SR they also sell in disney quest, the cakes are huge, we had them on our 1st day
(ie when we werent DDp ed out:rotfl:) and still couldnt eat them:sick:, the peanut butter cupcake is very sickly, far too much for 1 normal person:rolleyes1
tx

Great view from the room! Do you have any Fine dining ADR,s? So lucky having the Board Walk bakery on your door step for breakfast!

we got a carrot cake cookie from starring rolls, they sooo good, not too sweet and i agree, they are huge:scared1:
fyi, all the yummy cakes they sell at SR they also sell in disney quest, the cakes are huge, we had them on our 1st day
(ie when we werent DDp ed out:rotfl:) and still couldnt eat them:sick:, the peanut butter cupcake is very sickly, far too much for 1 normal person:rolleyes1
tx

I agree - far too much for one normal person (DS and DH might not agree) although we saw a lady (of American proportions if you get what I mean :thumbsup2) and her family in Starring Rolls once and each family member (including children) had one of the very large sandwiches, a packet of 'chips' and a Butterfinger cupcake each. No leftovers.:goodvibes

Mrs TT

Morning all!

Thanks for all the comments, I'm reading them all even if I don't respond - I'm the worlds worst timekeeper and I never have enough time in the mornings :lmao: if I get the chance to post tonight will try and reply more precisely!

Yesterday turned cloudy and looked like it was going to rain by the time we arrived at AK - not good for the tan but great conditions for touring AK!

Hit the Pagani Trail and the Safari early and lots of critters were out which is nice - I won't bore you with my non-pro pictures that people have seen a million times of the Safari animals but they did have a lot of babies out and about and I thought this shot was particularly cute - 3 baby giraffes :)

giraffes.jpg

We hit Flights of Wonder (been a while since we've done that one!) and generally wandered around - we love the ambience of AK, it's definitely a 'smell the roses' kind of park for us.

Lunch was at Tusker House, this was a first for us since it went to the buffet and it's definitely one to go back to, we really enjoyed the selections - our server, David was also fantastic, would put many many table service servers to shame!

A few pics of the buffet
malaycurry.jpg

Malay Chicken Curry, Almond rice, some thing with Mussels (I can look up names if people want, I took photos of the name cards too, LOL)

salmon.jpg

Glazed Salmon

coffeepork.jpg

Coffee rubbed pork

No mention of our anniversary, but it's also him-indoors birthday in a couple of days time and he got a little cupcake - cute!

cupcake.jpg

Will own up now, we were piggies, LOL, so waddled out of the park, drove to DTD for a little wander around to walk it off before heading back to room for a little cool-off.

It had been the plan to 'snack around the world showcase' tonight as I knew we'd probably be too full for dinner after the buffet, but even that was too much (told you we were piggies :rotfl2: ) so just grabbed a couple of beers and wandered around soaking up the amosphere. Tried my first Grand Marnier Slushie!

Grandmarnierslushie.jpg

Verdict - I enjoyed at start but struggled to finish it as it was a bit on the sickly sweet side. Might try the Grey Goose one next time as that's lemon!

Today we're off to Epcot, FW and Nine Dragons for lunch, nom nom Chinese!

Catch y'all later :)

Karen had the Grey Goose one last month, I didn't hear any complaints from her, must have been good.:thumbsup2

great to hear from you thanks for taken us all along with you on your hols

are you enjoying staying at the Boardwalk ?

Great report, we had lunch at Tusker House and really enjoyed it especially the vanilla sauce with the fruit cobbler. :lovestruc

Had a nice morning in Epcot, grabbed Soarin Fastpass at about 9:15 which was more than an hour away - standby was about 20 mins but we're at the start of the trip and had FP in hand so didn't bother with that - we'll be back a few times over the trip and we hate standing in lines when we don't have to. Rode Living with the Land (walk on) to kill some times and then stopped for a coffee and shared a pastry at Sunshine Seasons...we are so totally hardcore, having a rest after 1 ride, go us! ;)

By then Soarin was up and then we wandered across and did Ellen's Energy Adventure as haven't done that for a few trips. We then slowly wandered through the WS to China for our lunch ADR at Nine Dragons. Got piccies but not downloaded the camera yet (I usually do that at the end of the day), will post later but was tasty, we usually eat here every trip.

We then continued our trip around the WS (caught the French mime artist street entertainers for the first time ever on the way - I thought they were really fun!) and out the International Gateway back to the BW as after a slightly cloudy start the sun has been shining quite nicely this afternoon and we decided to check out the evil clown pool for a dip and a beer to cool off. Was lovely temperature and surprisingly quiet but I ain't complaining!

Back in the room now to cool off from the cooling off as it was roasting out there, hehe - thank god for aircon :)

Think some rain and possible storms are forecast for tonight so crossing fingers and toes as we'd planned to do Disney Studios again plus Fantasmic tonight, ah well, will just roll with it the weather turns bad.

are you enjoying staying at the Boardwalk ?

We love the BW! <3 We have a small DVC contract for it so get to stay here relatively frequently. We asked to be close to the Elevator this time as a couple of times we've not specified and got stuck at the end of the corridor....and they have some super-sized long corridors! However, this has come back to bite us in the butt this time as being over Big River and opposite the Medway games (they have a bell ring every time someone wins a prize) has been pretty noisy. The view is of course awesome, but I'm not sure it's still worth the 5 min long corridor trek or the more central and noisier location for us anymore. I think we're just getting old, LOL - it's a bit like when you realise you prefer to wear comfortable shoes over fashionable heels ;)

Great report, we had lunch at Tusker House and really enjoyed it especially the vanilla sauce with the fruit cobbler. :lovestruc

Ooooh yes. The banana cinnamon bread pudding with vanilla sauce was also to die for - the other half went up for seconds it was so good!

we got a carrot cake cookie from starring rolls, they sooo good, not too sweet and i agree, they are huge

Yes, they're quite a nice balance between cinnamon-spicy goodness and the cream cheese frosting.

For anyone who's planning to try one next time :-)thumbsup2) just wanted to mention in case wasn't clear from piccie - this is actually a lovely moist carrot cake just with the frosting in the middle - the only thing it has in common with a cookie is the 'sandwich' element.

Just thought I'd mention it as occurred to me afterwards that due to the name and it's thinness of the top and bottom people might think it was something like the big oatmeal or choc chip cookies you can get.

Been missing you on the exchange rate thread :laughing:

Teehee! I actually have still been checking the exchange rate and that thread from out here too - dunno what I'm going to do with myself once I get home ;)

Last October when they had that unseasonally hot humid weather someone posted a TR on one of the other boards and apologised for the misty pictures. It turned out that the humidity was steaming up the lens quicker than it could be wiped :scared1:

It was really humid the first day we were here, when we went out to pick up the car at about 1:30 I popped on my sunglasses as I went out the door and they instantly fogged up really bad, can't remember that ever happening to me before!

Been a bit better today thankfully :)

One thing I have forgotten to mention in my previous posts, the Love Bugs are also out in force. A few are constantly buzzing around but gawd help you if you happen upon a swarm - I saw one poor woman yesterday go pick up her stroller from outside Tusker House and it was covered from top to bottom, she ended up tipping it upside down and about 10 or so fell out the back pouch alone. Needless to say the kid wasn't getting in it!

Yes, they're quite a nice balance between cinnamon-spicy goodness and the cream cheese frosting.

For anyone who's planning to try one next time :-)thumbsup2) just wanted to mention in case wasn't clear from piccie - this is actually a lovely moist carrot cake just with the frosting in the middle - the only thing it has in common with a cookie is the 'sandwich' element.

Just thought I'd mention it as occurred to me afterwards that due to the name and it's thinness of the top and bottom people might think it was something like the big oatmeal or choc chip cookies you can get.

Thanks for that. I gathered by your picture it was a cake, but good to know for certain. It is very likely that one of those will be responsible for a snack credit usage on my KTTW card :rolleyes1. You sold me with your visual. :worship:

Is it still very hot? I took my winter coats out a week ago and there is a decided chill in the air now. I need my sunshine!

Nice to see a good review of Nine Dragons. You don't hear much about it on the boards. Hope you have a fab evening. I do love live TR's :)

Great view from the room! Do you have any Fine dining ADR,s? So lucky having the Board Walk bakery on your door step for breakfast!

We don't have any Signature restaurants planned for this trip but we are going to Sanaa which I've heard a few people say is nice enough that if it wanted then it could become a Signature - will find out next week!

We love BW Bakery too - and clearly not the only ones, the queue was out the door this morning as we walked past and all the tables on the BW were full with people eating goodies from there.

Not been there this trip yet, I need to hit it up too! And despite loving Writers in Disney Studios, Starring Rolls comes a very close 2nd gotta squeeze that in somewhere as well, hehe.

Is it still very hot? I took my winter coats out a week ago and there is a decided chill in the air now. I need my sunshine!

Yes, it's still very hot and humid, even in the evenings - mid to high 80's during the day, was 72 degree's this morning when I checked the weather at about 7:30-8am.

Nice to see a good review of Nine Dragons. You don't hear much about it on the boards. Hope you have a fab evening. I do love live TR's :)

Restaurant was virtually empty today when we went. I think the problem is 2-fold. A lot of people I see comment about Nine Dragons on the restaurant board are in the camp of "I can get good Chinese at home and there are plenty of other things I can eat on WDW", the other is that it is undoubtedly a bit expensive for what it is if you're not on the dining plan.

I think generally in the UK we have a wider palette of food and restaurants available to us unless you're really out in the sticks plus we're generally out here for longer length stays so it's not such a big deal to hit up 'food we can get at home'.

I'm really enjoying reading about your trip

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time :goodvibes

disney, I havent seen any rain:confused3 mind you we are at RPR till today.Had some on the 24th firt night around 1900 for an hour but nothing since then.Been really hot and humid.Amazing being so close to you and different weather.Love the look of your accomodation :banana:gald your having a nice time. I dont have comp access so cannot update:happytv:Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

disney, I havent seen any rain:confused3 mind you we are at RPR till today.Had some on the 24th firt night around 1900 for an hour but nothing since then.Been really hot and humid.Amazing being so close to you and different weather.Love the look of your accomodation :banana:gald your having a nice time. I dont have comp access so cannot update:happytv:Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Wee! Heya Crabbie, glad you were able to stop in the thread even if it's only a drive-by - hope you're having lots of fun too :)

And not had a whole lot of rain either, aside from that bit that you also saw on the 24th (though we deffo had a bit more than you that day by the sounds of it) it's been dry as a bone despite a few dark skies. They've forecast it a few times but even though they expected some to move in last night (according to morning forecast) it was a beautiful evening. Florida weather is a bit funny like that though - can be bucketing it down a couple of miles away but totally clear somewhere else. Glad to hear you're enjoying nice weather up at Universal too though :) Today has been a sizzler hasn't it?!

Spent the morning at MK, really quiet, even the Tomorrowland Raceway was maybe a 5 min wait which normally has silly waits because it's such a slow loader though didn't get over to Splash or BTTMR so not sure what that was like, Space Mountain was about 20 mins at 10:30-ish.

Was getting way too hot though so came back to hotel around 2pm and enjoyed another dip in the BW pool to cool down.

Off now to sort some pics and get them up on Flicker!

Sounds like a great trip :thumbsup2

Sooooo need a disney fix soon, thankyou so much for sharing :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter