Hello! Live from the World!

Hi all!

Thanks so much for the kind words :love: Glad you enjoyed the piccies and updates :)

And a very big welcome to the DIS Almcg! Always nice to see someone de-lurk :)

Just in the airport lounge right now (free wifi - take note Gatwick!) and thought I'd say hello - flight is due to be called shortly and then it's back to the UK I go. At least the weather forecast looks like it might not be too horrible tomorrow morning.

Had a great last night dinner in the Turf Club bar a small snafu with the pager - we waited for about 20-25 mins before we noticed that we it didn't have a little light pulsing on end. After much sneaky peeking at other people's pager and verifying that they did have lights I checked with the podium and sure enough we'd been given a dud and could have gone in ages ago! (They'd actually called for us by name when looking but it happened when we'd gone around the corner to the gift shop for a few minutes, typical!).

We liked using the wifi in the airport too - have a safe trip home :thumbsup2

Have enjoyed reading your reports and hope you had a safe journey home - thanks for writing them whilst you were there (dont know how you found the time xx)

Home!

Bit jet lagged but otherwise a great journey home. Had a nice burger at the Outback in departures and a nice drinkie in the Delta Lounge, so nice to have a relaxing seat there as MCO never seems to have any place to sit and be comfy unless it's at the gate.

I actually got some sleep on the plane too - not that numb bum *fidget fidget* numb hip *figdet fidget* catnap stuff - like real proper sleep :cloud9: Man that Biz class stuff is scarily addictive - I need some Wayne-style miracle prices so I can do that again sometime :lmao:

thanks for writing them whilst you were there (dont know how you found the time xx)

Haha, sometimes I didn't! Unfortunately I only got to Sunday's pictures before I left so was a full 4 days behind (5 if I include departure day). Now that I'm home I'll try and finish up the last of the pictures once I'm more fully awake.

Will also have a ponder about the (many) highs and (happily few) lows. We really did enjoy this trip, it's always hard to come home but this time just felt way too soon, could have done with another week!

Looks like you had a fantastic trip!!!! So pleased for you.

I could not agree more about BA CW, we were very impressed. In most sectors BA rate higher than Virgin for us and I think I would prob prefer BA now. Wow I never thought I'd type that sentence lol. If you snag a good sale fare (let keep our fingers crossed for a xmas sale) hopefully we'll be looking at £1199 again for 2011.

I agree about Sanaa's restroom lol. It's a must do for us and everytime I go to the restroom I think its the best on property. I tried the lamb curry this trip also, it was pretty good. Usually I stick with the Chicken Tandoori Nann for lunch or dinner which is still my all time fave choice.

You certainly are a girl after my own heart with all these food piccie but you did make me hungry ;)

I could not agree more about BA CW, we were very impressed. In most sectors BA rate higher than Virgin for us and I think I would prob prefer BA now. Wow I never thought I'd type that sentence lol. If you snag a good sale fare (let keep our fingers crossed for a xmas sale) hopefully we'll be looking at £1199 again for 2011.

Yes, we were most impressed, we've never flown Biz class before so there was always going to be an 'oooh shiny' element to it, but it exceeded our expectations about just how much of a difference it made. Even the food was half decent! Other half had the steak, I had the curry and we both ate our meals which is nothing short of a miracle as we generally just pick and nibble at the crackers etc rather than eat. I am praying for nice sale now, I really am, LOL.

You certainly are a girl after my own heart with all these food piccie but you did make me hungry ;)

Haha! :thumbsup2 I make myself hungry too if it's any consolation ;)

Thank you for bumping the thread. I can now pick up where I left off on the 2nd. :cool1:

Home!

Bit jet lagged but otherwise a great journey home. Man that Biz class stuff is scarily addictive - I need some Wayne-style miracle prices so I can do that again sometime :lmao:

You should be over it now. The jetlag hit us terribly this time. Worst I have ever had even though I have croseed more time zones before with less negative effect. The better classes on flights are part of it. I realised yesterday that we have managed to sleep all the way home - at least 6 hours. Going economy this year was a shock to the system and made us way too tired to keep awake until the evening - which really messed up the rest of the week. I am still not back to normal. :sad2:

Home!

We really did enjoy this trip, it's always hard to come home but this time just felt way too soon, could have done with another week!

I felt the same. I am still constantly calculating EST and thinking what I should be doing instead of what I am doing. I also found coming back to cold weather instead of to the spring didn't help matters at all!

I hope you are going to finish off your report. It has been a great one. I am going to catch up on the missing days on here now. :yay:

I had such a good laugh at your account of the information regarding walking anywhere. Before we left I mentioned on the Theme Parks Board my intention of getting off the boat at the Market Place and walking to House of Blues on the West Side. The response was one of shock and disbelief - as if I had no idea how far it was. Well as anyone who has done this knows, it is a beautiful walk and yes, we chose to walk back afterwards too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter